The Manchester United Thread

Fight you.

Any more news on LVG? All gone a little quiet. Seems the dead cert though.

They decided not to announce anything until the season was over. So expect something next week

They decided not to announce anything until the season was over. So expect something next week

Interestingly conservative and sensible choice from United's board considering how they played Moyes.

Interestingly conservative and sensible choice from United's board considering how they played Moyes.

I think the criticism they got over Moyes' departure stung them, and rightly so. Even Gary Neville criticised them.

If you watch the Van Gaal interview that was circling around, the deal is most likely already done. I can't imagine he would so openly confirm being interested in the job if the negotiations were still ongoing.

If you watch the Van Gaal interview that was circling around, the deal is most likely already done. I can't imagine he would so openly confirm being interested in the job if the negotiations were still ongoing.

Yeah the way he was saying "Manchester United is the biggest club in the world" and RVP grinning like a little kid after Hull match saying "we will be bacK" makes me believe it's a done deal and just waiting for season to get over.

Today is the last day of the Bundesliga season, and HSV could be relegated. Fingers crossed they go down, because then it becomes the race for Badelj.

Today is the last day of the Bundesliga season, and HSV could be relegated. Fingers crossed they go down, because then it becomes the race for Badelj.
Read somewhere Juve or Inter were favourites for his signature a couple weeks back. On tomorrows game rumour going round Keane bros could start with more youngsters being involved.

Bebe has scored 2 more goals today, taking his tally to 12-13 goals this season and that's around 50% of the goals scored by his team.

At least we will get some $$ for him and for sure some Portuguese clubs will be interested.

HSV aren't relegated yet, but they do have a playoff match vs. whoever finished third in the 2. Bundesliga. Last chance saloon.

Read somewhere Juve or Inter were favourites for his signature a couple weeks back. On tomorrows game rumour going round Keane bros could start with more youngsters being involved.

If they do, I'll be disappointed that we've, again, let a player slip through our grasp without showing much (if any) effort.

Patrice Evra ready to leave Manchester United and join team-mate Nemanja Vidic at Inter Milan

Left back Patrice Evra is out of contract in the summer and is likely to play his last game for United at Southampton with Inter Milan ready to offer him a deal

Patrice Evra is expected to play his last game for Manchester United and join his departing team-mate Nemanja Vidic at Inter Milan. It is understood that a deal for the 32-year-old left back, who is out of contract this summer, has been finalised with the Italian club.
United could have taken up an option to re-sign Evra – and he could have also triggered a new deal after making a certain number of appearances – but the French international is believed to have decided it is time to go.

Patrice Evra ready to quit Manchester United for Inter Milan - Telegraph

Also says about bid for Shaw, if we sign Shaw then hopefully we sell Buttner and keep Evra as back up for a year.

...it's going to be weird transfer window for sure. Probably most important window for United in last 20 years, but the manager (LVG) can only take over after the World Cup. So the key person in this whole party would be....Woodward? After last year's summer fiasco, I am not confident about that at all.

...it's going to be weird transfer window for sure. Probably most important window for United in last 20 years, but the manager (LVG) can only take over after the World Cup. So the key person in this whole party would be....Woodward? After last year's summer fiasco, I am not confident about that at all.

I'm sure if LVG is our manager then he will discuss all the transfers for sure, so it's just that Woodward will be negotiating with the clubs for the fee but it will be LVG who will talk to players or already done it before WC.

If the reports are to be believed, we're already chasing after Shaw and Reus (advanced talks) . Hopefully, the van Gaal deal will be confirmed next week - he can identify key targets at CB and CM, and the appointment of a world class manager will appeal to players who we want to buy.

Seems to be a the odd rumour about Muller here and there popping up, read somewhere he owes a lot to LVG and would be happy to work with him again. Also not happy at the squad rotation system at Bayern under PEP. Not a position we need tho. And more rumours today about a 30m bid for Strootman aswell.

We can do better than Badelj.

Muller? Yes please.

Who do people reckon we will offload in terms of wingers? I reckon Nani and Young are good as gone already, then possibly Zaha/Lingard as well? Would like to see Valencia stay for another couple of years personally.

Muller? Yes please.

Who do people reckon we will offload in terms of wingers? I reckon Nani and Young are good as gone already, then possibly Zaha/Lingard as well? Would like to see Valencia stay for another couple of years personally.
Most probs Valencia and Young 1st to go think there was article last week or week before about LVG praising Nani as a player, and think LVG will defo want to have a look at Zaha and Lingard 1st plus Lingard has always impressed when given chance and out on loan aswell. Don't see wide players changing much tbh, when CM and defence need sorting first. Valencia Young out and Reus in wide players sorted.

Muller? Yes please.

I'm not sure you CAN do better than Badelj. Leaving aside the fact that Badelj is a big upgrade on any CM United currently have, who else would feasibly come to a club with no Champions League and no manager as of yet? Rakitic, maybe, but he's not a defensive lynchpin.

Mueller's a pipe dream and a player United really don't need anyway.

Oh and Giggs has apparently left himself out of the matchday 18, bringing to an end his scoring record in the Premier League.