The Manchester United Thread

Shinji just needs a top class manager to give him his confidence back a actually know how to play/use him. Must keep imo.

Yes, till we faced you guys. Then we lost, both the game and the honer of being a 'black sheep' of Premierleague.

Ah. Once again we screw a team over lol.

Heard it mentioned on Soccer Saturday so thought it applied for today

I'm not sure you CAN do better than Badelj. Leaving aside the fact that Badelj is a big upgrade on any CM United currently have, who else would feasibly come to a club with no Champions League and no manager as of yet? Rakitic, maybe, but he's not a defensive lynchpin.

Mueller's a pipe dream and a player United really don't need anyway.
There's more chance of Muller than Badelj.

If Badelj is the best available then i'd much rather stick with Carrick for another season rather than bringing in another mediocre player.

Sky Sports News@SkySportsNews 55m
BREAKING NEWS - Sky Sources: Man Utd make ?27m bid for Southampton's Luke Shaw. Jim White Live Now on Sky Sports News. #SSN

Holy **** we're not hanging about this summer it seems.... really high price for a LB but he'd serve us over a decade.

Anything under ?35mil I would consider a *decent* deal for us. He was outstanding today and has been all season.

Shaw's a Chelsea fan so if Jose wants him he will get him. Can't see them going for a left back with Azpilicueta though
jose seems to think azpilicueta can become their Grosskreutz and play in any position, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do go for Shaw

I doubt Chelsea have the financial means to pay 30m for Shaw especially if we do get a big striker. More pressing concerns in other areas of the pitch tbh

There's more chance of Muller than Badelj.

If Badelj is the best available then i'd much rather stick with Carrick for another season rather than bringing in another mediocre player.

In what world is Thomas Mueller, beloved and talented player for one of the best teams in the entire world, more likely to come to United than a maybe-relegated central midfielder?! That's ******* crazy talk.

Why are you continually insisting Badelj is a mediocre player? He's been the best central midfielder in the Bundesliga this season. The only one that comes close is Dan Baier and maybe Nuri Sahin. Compare that to Carrick, who's had one of his worst ever season and is only getting older.

GC is either Badelj's agent or has a raging hard on for him.

Mueller might be available tbh. I'd imagine he will be unhappy with his potential playtime opportunities. Pep often played him as forward, but with arrival of Lewandowski who never gets injured and has no problem playing 50+ games a year, that's out.

As AMC Mueller is up vs. Kroos and Gootze. On wings he's up vs. Robben and Ribbery. That doesn't leave much.

GC is either Badelj's agent or has a raging hard on for him.

Have you not realised it's the latter?! Ask Mike. I've been on the Badelj train for something like three seasons now. I'm frankly just tired of him wasting away his career.

Mueller might be available tbh. I'd imagine he will be unhappy with his potential playtime opportunities. Pep often played him as forward, but with arrival of Lewandowski who never gets injured and has no problem playing 50+ games a year, that's out.

As AMC Mueller is up vs. Kroos and Gootze. On wings he's up vs. Robben and Ribbery. That doesn't leave much.

Ribery and Robben ain't getting younger. Think Mueller will be persuaded to stay, but I can see him leaving. Just not to United.

Ribery and Robben ain't getting younger. Think Mueller will be persuaded to stay, but I can see him leaving. Just not to United.

Why not United? They may not have CL football but they're still big club and they will have Van Gaal who kickstarted Mueller's first team career. So there's that.

Why not United? They may not have CL football but they're still big club and they will have Van Gaal who kickstarted Mueller's first team career. So there's that.

Because if Mueller decides to leave, every big club and their uncle will be after him