The Manchester United Thread

Dont see them accepting that

Why not? 27 Million is lot of money and I don't see any PL team paying that much.

Liverpool? highly doubt they will pay that much for a LB when they need CB, RB and other areas to strengthen.

Chelsea? Looks like Azpi is their LB and they need striker and should comply with FFP. IMO they are the only threat.

City? FFP, they can't increase their wage bill. Only thing is they need English players but 30 Million is lot of money when they have Clichy as LB.

Arsenal? I don't think so.

Because if Mueller decides to leave, every big club and their uncle will be after him

And ManUtd is one of the biggest club in the world. One year without CL won't make any different and if we get LVG the we will be favorites IF he decides to move on and Bayern wants to sell.

And ManUtd is one of the biggest club in the world. One year without CL won't make any different and if we get LVG the we will be favorites IF he decides to move on and Bayern wants to sell.

And I never denied that, just saying that competition for him will be super intense so I wouldn't bet on it

Do we really need Moeller? In my opinion it would just be like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole again. Should be much better priorities this summer than him..

This is all Guardiola's fault. If he'd just let Thiago come to United instead of convincing him to join his "project", he wouldn't have both Kroos and Muller, 2 players who'd love to see out their careers at Bayern wanting out or demanding bigger contracts. On top of that, he has Gotze plus Lewandowski joining next season - he surely has to start selling players.

This is all Guardiola's fault. If he'd just let Thiago come to United instead of convincing him to join his "project", he wouldn't have both Kroos and Muller, 2 players who'd love to see out their careers at Bayern wanting out or demanding bigger contracts. On top of that, he has Gotze plus Lewandowski joining next season - he surely has to start selling players.

IF we get Kroos it would all be worth it, as he'd be more suited to us and the Premier League than Thiago one would imagine.

IF we get Kroos it would all be worth it, as he'd be more suited to us and the Premier League than Thiago one would imagine.

But the point is that Thiago would've been cheaper than Fellaini last year and it became evident that Kroos' main aim is to get a big fat paycheck out of all this - he doesn't care if it is Bayern or United.

Do we really need Moeller? In my opinion it would just be like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole again. Should be much better priorities this summer than him..

Yes, we need Muller. We have Valencia, Young as wingers and you ask do we need Muller? Fantastic player with superb brain. Big game player too. Not that we will sign him as I'm sure he will stay at Bayern just like Schweinsteiger.

Why do you say that? Thiago is a brilliant player and IMO would have been fantastic addition. Given the choice between Kroos and Thiago It would be very tough to pick anyone but I wouldn't say that Kroos is more suited to PL.

One deal at the time, if we get a LB deal done (shaw) then move forward for CM and in later stages to more attacking mentality squad, as WC is the place where stars starts to shine and some dissapoint.

Yes, we need Muller. We have Valencia, Young as wingers and you ask do we need Muller? Fantastic player with superb brain. Big game player too. Not that we will sign him as I'm sure he will stay at Bayern just like Schweinsteiger.
I agree Muller is brilliant, and I've been a fan of him from quite sometime, but we don't need Muller atm. Muller has been used on the right this season, but he is not a natural winger. Even there, he plays more the role of a playmaker/inverted forward. Also, we already have a similar type of player in Januzaj being played out wide. Adding Muller to that equation will make our attack a bit more easier to predict than I'd like. Since we already have Januzaj who can operate in a similar role on the left, get an out and out winger on the right, so as to add that extra ingredient to our attack.

What I'd really, really hate is Januzaj not getting as much chances next season due to owners impatience to win everything. Januzaj is among the more brighter youth we have had, and should be given more chances. If so, probably a no to Muller..

Why not United? They may not have CL football but they're still big club and they will have Van Gaal who kickstarted Mueller's first team career. So there's that.

Because everyone's going to be after Mueller, and frankly there's better choices around.

You're showing a great deal of hubris by saying it's only going to be one year of CL. For all we know, it could be two or even three. United are a team that need a lot of rebuilding, and that doesn't happen overnight. Moreover, the current occupants of the top four are all settled and well-led. It'll take a lot more than just Thomas Mueller to make United dead certs for the CL.

I agree Muller is brilliant, and I've been a fan of him from quite sometime, but we don't need Muller atm. Muller has been used on the right this season, but he is not a natural winger. Even there, he plays more the role of a playmaker/inverted forward. Also, we already have a similar type of player in Januzaj being played out wide. Adding Muller to that equation will make our attack a bit more easier to predict than I'd like. Since we already have Januzaj who can operate in a similar role on the left, get an out and out winger on the right, so as to add that extra ingredient to our attack.

What I'd really, really hate is Januzaj not getting as much chances next season due to owners impatience to win everything. Januzaj is among the more brighter youth we have had, and should be given more chances. If so, probably a no to Muller..

Yes, exactly.

Mueller is a raumdeuter. He needs a system that fits him well and accommodates his style. With Rooney, Januzaj and Van Persie (the latter much less so of late) enjoying being able to drop deep and wide to find space, Mueller's a whole lot less effective. He could do a job, certainly, he's one of the best in the world at doing a job. But when Rooney is occupying the space a 'space interpreter' needs, he's going to be neutered. Mueller was at his best with a proper winger on the opposite flank and a vertical creator in Kroos in the middle. It meant he could go wherever he wanted in the forward line other than Ribery's flank, roaming around inside Ribery and behind Mandzukic.

At United, Rooney doesn't play like Kroos does, so that would just make United narrower. Couple that with Januzaj dropping into Rooney's space from the other flank as it is and Mueller won't be anywhere near as effective. Get someone like Griezmann, put him on the other flank and then we'll talk, but then of course Januzaj won't get as many games...

Basically, Mueller isn't worth the money he'll cost - a lot - unless United invest crazy amounts and utterly change their entire playing style and ethos. If I were United and I had to get some players from the BuLi, I'd get Ricardo Rodriguez, Badelj and maybe a young out and out winger like Patrick Herrmann; young, hungry and not used to European football anyway. Make the club stable and producing, THEN dream of the likes of Mueller.

You're showing a great deal of hubris by saying it's only going to be one year of CL. For all we know, it could be two or even three. United are a team that need a lot of rebuilding, and that doesn't happen overnight. Moreover, the current occupants of the top four are all settled and well-led. It'll take a lot more than just Thomas Mueller to make United dead certs for the CL.

Last season no one gave Liverpool a chance and after first game everyone wrote off Arsenal, now top 4 are well settled? Just a year back everyone thought ManUtd were settled in top 4.

Incompetence from Moyes doesn't mean squad needs major rebuilding. All the foundation is there, just needs some quality players in CM and LB. With competent coach like LVG we will be up there for sure.

De Gea

Rafael Jones/Evans Smalling LB

CM CM

Januzaj Mata Rooney

RVP​

With likes of Kagawa, Fellaini, Welbeck on the bench, that's a very good team.

Last edited:

No worries mate, knowing Van Gaal he'll give Januzaj alot of matches if he sees talent in him. He did in all his clubs and he'll do so in Manchester. He doesn't care about what the board thinks, if he thinks Januzaj is gonna be the next big thing at the club he's gonna play.

Don't really think the top 4 is settled. Liverpool were very lucky with injuries for the entire season IMO. One or two injuries to their main players and suddenly Liverpool's lineup would look a lot more vulnerable. For example Henderson were suspended for 2 games and suddenly Liverpool threw away the title. Just take a look at their bench and you will know what I'm talking about.

And God knows what would happen to Arsenal if Wenger doesn't sign a new contract.