The Manchester United Thread

I'd love Shaw at Chelsea. Talented, young replacement for Ashley. If we sell Luiz, there's the money for Shaw.
I don't there will be much money tbh if you need to replace Luiz and buy a World class STR and a CM. Cant see Chelsea spending 30ishm on a LB like Shaw, when its not needed yet.

Been reading today Coentrao is on the verge of signing new contract and that Reus and Draxler will be staying in the Bundesliga next season.

Reus was never going to move, least of all to us. I'd be astounded if that happens. If we get Shaw, it might be a decent deal considering the changes that are about to happen regarding non-EU players (otherwise, I'd have preferred Alex Sandro). We have a decent chance of getting Lucas Moura - he's young, and quick, and also better than what we have with lots of room to grow, so he'll be a great buy.

CM - Again, highly doubt Kroos will happen. Madrid were also rumoured to be interested in him, and I rather think Bayern will offer him the deal he needs, or close. Badelj sounds like a decent shout, but with many teams probably hunting for him, I'm not too confident again. We'd have to overpay, and offer the world in wages, if that happens, most likely.

Anyone know how good Powell is in a deeper CM role? Far as I know, he's been used in Attacking Midfield with Wigan, where he's been pretty good..

ST - We don't really need anymore strikers. Even if Rooney and Chicharito (T_T) leave, we have RvP, Welbeck, Henriquez and Wilson.

LOLOLOLOL!!!

"It's the greatest moment of your life winning the Premier League. People talk about having kids but everyone has kids" - Gary Neville, Sky Sports.

In what world is Thomas Mueller, beloved and talented player for one of the best teams in the entire world, more likely to come to United than a maybe-relegated central midfielder?! That's ******* crazy talk.

Why are you continually insisting Badelj is a mediocre player? He's been the best central midfielder in the Bundesliga this season. The only one that comes close is Dan Baier and maybe Nuri Sahin. Compare that to Carrick, who's had one of his worst ever season and is only getting older.
What's he done to suggest he's better than that? Stood out in a team thats getting relegated? Charlie Adam was brilliant for Blackpool in a stronger division than the Bundesliga, arguably the best in the league that season. He has 9 caps for Croatia. At 25.

I don't see how it's crazy talk to suggest Thomas Muller might be interested in joining one of the biggest clubs in the world and to join up with the manager that gave him his professional debut.

Ok, lets elaborate:

What's he done to suggest he's better than that?
Stood out in a team thats getting relegated?
Stood out in the league, not only in his club. Ever since he came to Germany he was standout player for HSV. Without him their midfield wouldn't exist. Simple as. He's won everything possibly with Dinamo, but nothing with HSV. Bare in mind he was more effective for Dinamo than Luka Modric ;)

Charlie Adam was brilliant for Blackpool in a stronger division than the Bundesliga, arguably the best in the league that season.
Brits and their players. Face it, they are (probably) all overrated. Price or players quality, doesn't matter. Premiership is the best not because of Brits.
He has 9 caps for Croatia. At 25.
Tough luck for Badelj. There is problem in Croatian football called Zdravko Mamic. He's probably the best ******* agent/pimp in the football world. And Mamic uses Croatian national team to sell his players, players from his Agency. So Badelj is natural sacrifice because Modric HAS to play, he's national hero. And there's Kovacic who needed to be sold, as did Ademi and plenty other. And there's Radosevic from Napoli. He had to play to keep some balance because he's from Hajduk Split, Dinamo's enemy ( probably the right term), simply to stop rebelion. Also, Vukojevic was at his prime, and he was fine player for Croatia, pure defensive, box to box type of player to accomodate Modric. I'm afraid as long as Modric is in Croatian national team, Badelj will only be substitute player. But I have to admit, few times Badelj played for Croatia he was bad. He doesn't simply suit Croatian style.

Don't really think the top 4 is settled. Liverpool were very lucky with injuries for the entire season IMO. One or two injuries to their main players and suddenly Liverpool's lineup would look a lot more vulnerable. For example Henderson were suspended for 2 games and suddenly Liverpool threw away the title. Just take a look at their bench and you will know what I'm talking about.

And God knows what would happen to Arsenal if Wenger doesn't sign a new contract.

You do realize half Liverpools defense has been out Injured at some point this season.

Enrique has missed the entire season, Agger has been out for 2~ months, Johnsons missed near 3 and been playing like ***** between, Cissokho and Flanagan have both missed a month, Sakho 2 and half months.

Then theres Lucas, Allen, Gerrard and Sturridge who have all been Injured, hardly lucky.

You do realize half Liverpools defense has been out Injured at some point this season.

Enrique has missed the entire season, Agger has been out for 2~ months, Johnsons missed near 3 and been playing like ***** between, Cissokho and Flanagan have both missed a month, Sakho 2 and half months.

Then theres Lucas, Allen, Gerrard and Sturridge who have all been Injured, hardly lucky.

>_> Their key players have been Suarez and Sturridge this season. Imagine either (or both) injured and it can unravel rather fast..

Suarez was suspended at the start of season and they came out of it on top of the league. I wouldn't say Liverpool had it easier with injuries than the other clubs tbh.

Liverpool did have injury problems, just it didn't matter as much because they had only Prem for most of the season.

He's had offers from the Middle East, US and China

arry will snap him up if qpr get promoted, because he's a top lad and got lot of experience and 150k p/w for someone with 'is experience is a crackin' deal for arry