The Manchester United Thread

Kroos better than Fabregas. If both somehow, automagically become available, then definitely Kroos. However, Kroos alone doesn't solve our midfield problems. We need an enforcer along side Kroos to stay back and break up plays while he forges ahead. Temporarily, yes, but with Carrick picking up injuries, Fletcher always injured, we also need someone else.

Fellaini would be perfect for it, however, he seems to have forgotten how to play football. Heck, he seems to have forgotten how to pass :\ And he tends to try to get forward always, so that wouldn't exactly work out..

As it is, two options.. Get Kroos/Fabregas/Anyotherplaymakerwe'vebeenlinkedto, and hope Fellaini performs to what we know he's capable of under LvG. Or two, get the playmaker, rely on Fletcher/Carrick/Fellaini this year, and then next year, go for the enforcer..

We also need a WC CB, a good, pacey winger and LB (Shaw? Dunno..), so two midfielders are probably out of the question..

I think many are forgetting what a class player Fabregas was. Still I don't think there is a CM with better final ball.

I think we have more chance with Fabregas than Kroos.... some reports even saying Arsenal don't even have that first option clause which supposedly has long been stated.

Just out of interest, who would you guys prefer if you had a choice out of them two?
Kroos for me but would be happy with either.

Anyone been watching England u17s? Demitri Mitchel has been very impressive, another one to keep our eyes on. Should be playing in the final today at 17:45 on Euro sports.

Anyone been watching England u17s? Demitri Mitchel has been very impressive, another one to keep our eyes on. Should be playing in the final today at 17:45 on Euro sports.

Caught them in the semis against Portugal. Woodman made a few good saves, and Patrick Roberts individual effort for his goal was impressive.

Caught them in the semis against Portugal. Woodman made a few good saves, and Patrick Roberts individual effort for his goal was impressive.
Yes they have been good especially Roberts. But been keeping eye out for Mitchell since he plays for us.

I think many are forgetting what a class player Fabregas was. Still I don't think there is a CM with better final ball.

Luca Modric. Fabregas is a close second. Surprised so many United fans aren't excited by the rumours.

Luca Modric. Fabregas is a close second. Surprised so many United fans aren't excited by the rumours.
Fabregas could be our new Snjieder saga from now on :) hope there is some truth about rumours. On Hummels been reading his agent/father has said he will be staying in Germany for the near future.

Final ball? IMO Fabregas is better, no wonder his assists tally was very impressive than anyone.

I feel it will take too much money for Fabregas to move, I like the guy but I dont want to be a club who drops 50 million on a player just because it will make us feel like we're part of the elite again. Probe the market, get star power at the correct rates an above all else, dont leave it to the last minute like last year!

Fabregas seems even more unrealistic than Kroos, which is already pretty unrealistic. For one thing, Fabregas still closely follows Arsenal, and is personally a huge fan. I doubt he'd move to us.

Fabregas seems even more unrealistic than Kroos, which is already pretty unrealistic. For one thing, Fabregas still closely follows Arsenal, and is personally a huge fan. I doubt he'd move to us.

I don't understand when people keep bringing up about a player follows this team or a players follows that team.. it has no impact on anything unless the two clubs have bids accepted then it may do.

Fabregas will require big money, Arsenal will have to match our bid (if we make it) for one thing and secondly, I'm pretty sure he realises Arsenal have still won just 1 thing since he has left.

I don't understand when people keep bringing up about a player follows this team or a players follows that team.. it has no impact on anything unless the two clubs have bids accepted then it may do.

Fabregas will require big money, Arsenal will have to match our bid (if we make it) for one thing and secondly, I'm pretty sure he realises Arsenal have still won just 1 thing since he has left.

Because team loyalty matters to some? You do realise this is not just some random player following a club (like Ribeiro following us, I believe?). This is a former Arsenal player and captain still following the club. Makes an ocean of difference.

Because team loyalty matters to some? You do realise this is not just some random player following a club (like Ribeiro following us, I believe?). This is a former Arsenal player and captain still following the club. Makes an ocean of difference.

Just like RVP then.... loyalty in football is pretty much 99% gone. Arsenal and United aren't really direct rivals any-more anyway.

1. Fabregas will require big money, 2. Arsenal will have to match our bid (if we make it) for one thing and 3. secondly, I'm pretty sure he realises Arsenal have still won just 1 thing since he has left.

1. Not from Arsenal.

2. No as Arsenal have buy back clause inserted into deal with Barca along with 50% on profits over initial transfer which makes it financially best for Barca to sell to Arsenal. ( Unless you go with a big bid which you won't )

3. Pretty sure he realises that Utd currently are without CL football and while it might favour them like it did Liverpool this season it is still a big factor for top players and you know what people want to do with things they regret? Rectify them.

Still in the end it will go down to who will need him and who will bid for him. Arsenal don't critically need him, but neither we did Ozil last summer and still we bought him.

If we bid for Fabregas and Barca excepted, to me that says the club do not really need me so im sure Cesc would go into talks with us that's for sure arsenal fan or not! Arsenal may not even be interested in him or could match the wages he wants or his ambitions. Loyalty counts for very little these days tbh. Another thing people say Kroos is unrealistic even tho hes unhappy with his contract him and the club cant come to an agreement.

If we bid for Fabregas and Barca excepted, to me that says the club do not really need me so im sure Cesc would go into talks with us that's for sure arsenal fan or not! Arsenal may not even be interested in him or could match the wages he wants or his ambitions. Loyalty counts for very little these days tbh. Another thing people say Kroos is unrealistic even tho hes unhappy with his contract him and the club cant come to an agreement.

He has already been left out from photos of next seasons kit as well as other marketing things.

Also when asked about couple other players Enrique said he wants them to stay and when asked about Fabregas he said he doesn't want to speak about individuals.

Fabregas is going.