The Manchester United Thread

I would be more than happy with Mc Carthy!! And Yeven Konopelyanka if those rumours are true. If we have pulled out of Kroos deal or whatever don't mean the end of the world, must be good reason if we have ended our interest. People are going to be really upset if we don't get all the big names we are linked with LOL.

he is, I'd still test Juve on it though.

Conte would leave if Juve sold Vidal, so for them it's not just a case of wanting to keep Vidal, but they know they'd lose Conte too

Could see Marchisio leaving though.

You should stop listening to the rumour mill as truth. Kroos will do a Ballack and leave next year on a free if unhappy, or sign a bumper contract if he is.

also not sure what people have against Macarthy, he's actually the kind of mid we need.

Woodward made statement on getting the major business done before the WC, I'm worried.... time is ticking if his words are anything to go by.

McCarthy story has got taken down by Sky Sports, so god knows what that was all about... if we exchanged him for Cleverley or Fellaini it wouldn't be too bad. I reckon someone from his camp briefed them trying to use United as bait because he wants a new contract and United have a track record of chasing/signing Everton players.

Mascherano may be available... wouldn't be a bad signing either.

Mascherano may be available... wouldn't be a bad signing either.

We don't really play a Defensive Midfielder, and I'm not that happy with his performances as a defender. He's excellent, no doubt, but too many lapses of concentration, plus he'll be turning 30 soon. Not to mention, outrageous wages will be demanded. Very, very short term option, and not that good an option at that.

We don't really play a Defensive Midfielder, and I'm not that happy with his performances as a defender. He's excellent, no doubt, but too many lapses of concentration, plus he'll be turning 30 soon. Not to mention, outrageous wages will be demanded. Very, very short term option, and not that good an option at that.

Yeh true.. LVG will bring his system though and he may be a good fit as a holding type mid within that.

Tell you who I would like, Sami Khedira, not quite sure what his situation is at the moment with Real Madrid.

Yeh true.. LVG will bring his system though and he may be a good fit as a holding type mid within that.

Tell you who I would like, Sami Khedira, not quite sure what his situation is at the moment with Real Madrid.

I dunno how that would happen.. Unless he does for a Barca style 4-3-3, sells Kagawa, and plays Mata out wide, cutting in. But this would really mess up the tactics. Such a formation requires a F9, which van Persie is not. Rooney would be perfect in that role, but it's LvG, so RvP will have preference over Rooney. Also, we don't really have the pace on the wings to perfect such a formation.

Or he could play a 4-DM-CM-3-1, but Mascherano wouldn't really suit such a role. He's frankly not that good, plus, as I mentioned earlier, too high wages.

Khedira could actually be a decent option, and he may want to move. Alonso and Modric will marshall their CM for a while, and Illaramendi is waiting in the sidelines too. But I'd rather either of the Bender brothers over Khedira, although Khedira would probably be cheaper.

He missed most of the season through injury so hasn't really had a chance to impress in front of Ancelotti. He's probably as unsure as you about his future at the moment, because it remains to be seen if Ancelotti values him.

Evra had been expected to sign his deal before we bid for Shaw....

Yeh but honestly Mike, nothing surprises me anymore, I'm pretty sure there is still time for Shaw to fail as well. Chelsea getting a load of incoming money from Luiz... makes them have a very strong position to hijack a late deal for him.

Also I'm not sure what more the club can do with Shaw. ?30m offer and 75k a week.

Yeh but honestly Mike, nothing surprises me anymore, I'm pretty sure there is still time for Shaw to fail as well. Chelsea getting a load of incoming money from Luiz... makes them have a very strong position to hijack a late deal for him.

Really not sure what you want the club to do any more. Honestly. ?30m bid with a tabled contract of 75k a week. We cant make him sign it.

Really not sure what you want the club to do any more. Honestly. ?30m bid with a tabled contract of 75k a week. We cant make him sign it.

Yeh I know that's a good offer... doesn't make it feel any better if we still miss out on him though, I'm just saying, it wouldn't surprise me.

Woody is a buffoon. But we cant knock that offer tbh. Its a great one for player and club.

Woody is a buffoon. But we cant knock that offer tbh. Its a great one for player and club.

Just out of interest, why do you think we're not after Kroos? Is it because he just doesn't fit in to the Van Gaal system and he has other targets? Or is it because Kroos just wouldn't come.

Just out of interest, why do you think we're not after Kroos? Is it because he just doesn't fit in to the Van Gaal system and he has other targets? Or is it because Kroos just wouldn't come.

My guess. LVG thinks he wont come ( gonna ride out his last year most likely) and doesnt want to spend the summer wasting time.