The Manchester United Thread

any 1 else got that sinking feeling

Not quite, I'm on the edge, Woody's statements was the major business to be done before the World Cup, which is jsut under 3 weeks.

But also it's only 23rd of May so no need to panic.... yet.

The media obviously don't have a clue who our targets are, hence why Sky Sports posted the McCarthy link and then took it down.

Shaw deal's stalled (Guardian)

kiss of death there, zzeezzy

Saw it coming a mile off... Woodward is absolutely useless. However Jamie Jackson has been pretty useless as well of late, made an article saying LVG's top targets included Kroos, then recently made one saying he wasn't even a target.

He'd also stated a while ago that he'd hold out on accepting any offers until Chelsea reached a decision.. I'm not that extremely fussed.. We can as well go for Alex Sandro if Shaw refuses to come to us/..

He'd also stated a while ago that he'd hold out on accepting any offers until Chelsea reached a decision.. I'm not that extremely fussed.. We can as well go for Alex Sandro if Shaw refuses to come to us/..

Yeh or Ricardo Rodriguez isn't a bad shout either.. from Wolfsburg.

Just slap a 40m for Vidal and see if Juventus turn it down.

Pogba is not loyal, so sooner or later, he'll leave. On the other hand, Vidal is more loyal to Juventus, and wants to stay back. I'd say they sure as **** won't let him leave..

Pogba is not loyal, so sooner or later, he'll leave. On the other hand, Vidal is more loyal to Juventus, and wants to stay back. I'd say they sure as **** won't let him leave..

Woody useless, I'd be shocked if he gets 1 quality player this summer, shaw doesn't count.

LOL transfer window not even open yet and Woody is useless is already coming out. I know he made a **** up with the 1st window but not 100% his fault, plus in 1st window he was just thrown straight in at the deep end expected to do a job he had know experience in. Come on guys let us judge after this window is closed.

LOL transfer window not even open yet and Woody is useless is already coming out. I know he made a **** up with the 1st window but not 100% his fault, plus in 1st window he was just thrown straight in at the deep end expected to do a job he had know experience in. Come on guys let us judge after this window is closed.

Actually, my greatest concern with Woody was that he was over-compensating. After the first transfer window debacle, he and Moyes were on a plan to make it really big in the next Transfer Window. Since they didn't get anybody then, in the next window, the kind of shortlist they had read like the 'Who's Who' of football. That meant we were in danger of losing our identity - a la, becoming a Real Madrid or Manchester City.

We've never actually bought that many 'stars' as such (RvP is an exception). We've bought good players, and made them superstars for us. What was worrying me was Woody and Moyes' shortlist - Kroos, Hummels, Reus, Hamsik, CR7 whatnot whatnext. ****, even Messi was linked. We were fully on course to buy 11 superstars, something I would have utterly detested. Also, that and paying ridiculous money for as yet unproven youngsters (Carvalho?).

Since we have LvG now, and he has very, very specific targets in his mind, I'd rather wait until the end of this transfer window before soundly criticising Woody. LvG is around to rein in the 'buy superstars' mindset of Woody, and we may actually have a decent squad to go forward with, provided things go well.

We need 1 CB, 1 CM (I'm hoping LvG can get the best out of Fellaini and maybe Cleverley), 1 winger and 1 LB. Let's hope all four issues are addressed this time around.

Jamie Jackson says shaw deal is stalled whereas Ogden said on MUTV(Apparently) that Shaw deal is done. Looks like no one has a clue what's going on.

My guess. LVG thinks he wont come ( gonna ride out his last year most likely) and doesnt want to spend the summer wasting time.

As Ive been saying for ages now its obvious whats happening with Kroos. He has been using us to get more money from Bayern where he wants to remain (wouldnt everyone in his place?) and when the message was given to him that there's a take it or leave it offer he comes out saying "Utd was never an issue".

All rumours that we ve pulled out of a deal to sign him must be taken with a bucketfull of salt imho.

Yeh but honestly Mike, nothing surprises me anymore, I'm pretty sure there is still time for Shaw to fail as well. Chelsea getting a load of incoming money from Luiz... makes them have a very strong position to hijack a late deal for him.

This transfer window will be an eye opener for us I fear. We will see a lot of quality players refusing to come to us/choosing CL teams over us irrespective of what we offer ... such will be the fall out from the Moyes era.

This transfer window will be an eye opener for us I fear. We will see a lot of quality players refusing to come to us/choosing CL teams over us irrespective of what we offer ... such will be the fall out from the Moyes era.

Or maybe sometimes we have to take everything we read with pinch of salt.

For ex, Robben was asked about ManUtd, why would he even say that he would love to join ManUtd if we didn't show any interest or there is no chance of it happening? It would make him look like a fool, same with that Dinipro lad.

Likewise for managerial selection, every dog and its ***** ruled out of contention when asked about ManUtd, why would they comment on anything close to positive when they were not approached (just assuming). It's like me sitting on my chair and ruling myself out of ManUtd job.

Saying that I believe we made a move for Kroos, so it all comes down to what you believe that is reported and what you don't.

Or maybe sometimes we have to take everything we read with pinch of salt.

I agree

For ex, Robben was asked about ManUtd, why would he even say that he would love to join ManUtd if we didn't show any interest or there is no chance of it happening? It would make him look like a fool, same with that Dinipro lad.
I dont get the point you are trying to make here mate, sorry.

Likewise for managerial selection, every dog and its ***** ruled out of contention when asked about ManUtd, why would they comment on anything close to positive when they were not approached (just assuming). It's like me sitting on my chair and ruling myself out of ManUtd job.

Well yes, I think that nobody really knows what we are going to do who we are going to bid for etc. For example people (ie media) were saying we went for Ancelotti both to succeed SAF and recently DM but yesterday/today he has said no such contact was made (and Im not saying he may be economical with the truth as well).

Saying that I believe we made a move for Kroos, so it all comes down to what you believe that is reported and what you don't.

Yes, we may well have. But as I said above and previously I dont think we ever had a realistic chance of getting him and he merely used us to get better terms at FC Hollywood.

Back