The Manchester United Thread

Does anyone have a list of players who Van Gaal bought for his old clubs?

AFAIK, he brought in Kluivert, the de Boer brothers and Litmanen in his first spell at Barcelona.

I think he spent over 60-70mil (Gomez,Robben, Tymoschuk) in his first season in charge at Bayern but he also promoted players like Alaba and Contento that year.

Elko Born @Elko_B ? 20h

Remember that Van Gaal wants players for his system, he will not fit his system around his players. Apparently, he has no use for Kroos.
What's more, Van Gaal wants his squad to consist of players he picked. He will not let Woodward, or Moyes, decide who United will buy
At the Dutch team, Van Gaal ignored Sneijder for ages. Said he much preferred Strootman's box-to-box qualities and industriousness.
Under normal circumstances, there isn't any room for a true Nr. 10 in Van Gaal's system. Mata might be in trouble, in that regard.
Van Gaal is one of the most tactically intelligent managers ever. His plans for United apparently don't involve Kroos. Have faith in him.
It's pure speculation at the moment, but I think Van Gaal would love a midfield trio consisting of Carrick, Strootman and Rooney.

Btw anyone is confident that we have back up plans in this summer at least after messing up last one?

I haven't seen us being linked with any LB which is worrying as maybe we are either wasting our time following Shaw or the deal is already done but we are waiting for some weird reasons.
There are very few good LBs, hopefully we make the move sooner than later. Alberto Moreno is a very good LB, Ricardo Rodriguez, Coentrao, Alex Sandro are the very few LBs who can replace Evra.

Also Benfica LB was very impressive but he is 28 years old and also Benfica have fee agreed for him from Granada.

Btw anyone is confident that we have back up plans in this summer at least after messing up last one?

I haven't seen us being linked with any LB which is worrying as maybe we are either wasting our time following Shaw or the deal is already done but we are waiting for some weird reasons.
There are very few good LBs, hopefully we make the move sooner than later. Alberto Moreno is a very good LB, Ricardo Rodriguez, Coentrao, Alex Sandro are the very few LBs who can replace Evra.

Also Benfica LB was very impressive but he is 28 years old and also Benfica have fee agreed for him from Granada.

If Ogden says Shaw will be a United player, I trust him... no better journo for United fans to trust.

If we don't do our best to get Marquinhos from PSG now Luiz has signed, I'll be extremely disappointed.

I think you should prepare to get extremely disappointed.

He's such a fantastic CB who is going to be something really special in the future and PSG are looking at getting rid, this is why United scouts are so **** because we most likely will go for an obvious option like Martins Indi, no disrespect to LVG.

So Ogden is saying United is out of the race for Kroos and Fabregas, who's probably going to be sold to Arsenal if he is indeed going to be sold. However, he's saying that United is probably going to sign Shaw after WC.

So Ogden is saying United is out of the race for Kroos and Fabregas, who's probably going to be sold to Arsenal if he is indeed going to be sold. However, he's saying that United is probably going to sign Shaw after WC.

Were we ever in the race for Fabregas? I thought LVG pulled out of both cos he has other targets.

Ogden saying our main targets are Mats Hummels and Kevin Strootman.... Luke Shaw expected to be announced after World Cup.

I'm sorry Mr. LVG but you may need to provide some easier targets, can't see us getting them at all sadly. Getting Roma to accept a huge offer for Strootman will be hard enough. Hummels.... well I just can't see that happening.

I know some people love him and some hate him. But I always look at him as a striker and there is always better options than him at United there. I always think back to that miss against Bayern at Old Trafford when he was clear through on goal, to my mind he's not good enough to ever be a starter, so just let him go, he can be replaced.

How about this then
[video=youtube;MKjhh7V9Y3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKjhh7V9Y3w[/video]

Back