The Manchester United Thread

Ogden saying our main targets are Mats Hummels and Kevin Strootman.... Luke Shaw expected to be announced after World Cup.

I'm sorry Mr. LVG but you may need to provide some easier targets, can't see us getting them at all sadly. Getting Roma to accept a huge offer for Strootman will be hard enough. Hummels.... well I just can't see that happening.
Strootman is injured up until October or smth. That wouldn't be the smartest move imo.

Reports saying Strootman will be fit early August mid August at the latest. And if we make big enough offers for Hummels and Strootman im sure the players clubs will except especially Roma they tend to sell anyone if the deal is big enough for said player. Can see LVG going for Strootman,Hummels,Indi,Classie a Winger and Shaw is about wrapped up I reckon, maybe the Winger will be Depay.

Reports saying Strootman will be fit early August mid August at the latest. And if we make big enough offers for Hummels and Strootman im sure the players clubs will except especially Roma they tend to sell anyone if the deal is big enough for said player. Can see LVG going for Strootman,Hummels,Indi,Classie a Winger and Shaw is about wrapped up I reckon, maybe the Winger will be Depay.

For a club of United's size and stature, it's a joke how we didn't go for Strootman or Vidal in the first place... before they even moved to their next club. In Strootman's case to Roma, would of been a lot cheaper.

But what the ****, I won't complain if we get Strootman it would still be unreal, I won't hold my breath though.

Realistic transfer targets

Luke Shaw
Jordy Clasie
Bruno Martins Indi
Viktor Fischer

I dont see Hummels joining. Nor are Roma going to let Strootman go for a reasonable price, so either we spend way too much for him or he's not gonna come.

Its going to be a long transfer window guys.

Luke Shaw
Jordy Clasie
Bruno Martins Indi
Viktor Fischer

I dont see Hummels joining. Nor are Roma going to let Strootman go for a reasonable price, so either we spend way too much for him or he's not gonna come.

Were gonna have to pay over the odds for any player that's the cost of no CL and having a **** season clubs no were desperate for players so gonna charge us extra.

Luke Shaw
Jordy Clasie
Bruno Martins Indi
Viktor Fischer

There must be a better CM option than ******* Jordy Clasie.... I don't know much of him as I haven't seen too much of him but he doesn't look anything that great.

For a club of United's size and stature, it's a joke how we didn't go for Strootman or Vidal in the first place... before they even moved to their next club. In Strootman's case to Roma, would of been a lot cheaper.

But what the ****, I won't complain if we get Strootman it would still be unreal, I won't hold my breath though.
If LVG wants Strooman the club will go all out to get him. I remember a lot of people on here were ****** that we was linked with him before just coz he was not a world class name. Fools, if your good enough that's all that matters to me name or no name!

There must be a better CM option than ******* Jordy Clasie.... I don't know much of him as I haven't seen too much of him but he doesn't look anything that great.
Classie Is a very good player that has great potential. Has a great engine very good passing short and long and does not mind doing the dirty work either. Will be key player for Holland within next few years partnering Strootman!

Classie Is a very good player that has great potential. Has a great engine very good passing short and long and does not mind doing the dirty work either. Will be key player for Holland within next few years partnering Strootman!

I suppose I should judge him more after the World Cup due to my limitations of being able to watch him, certainly wouldn't be a bad signing, but then again Cleverley and Anderson makes anyone look great.

I suppose I should judge him more after the World Cup due to my limitations of being able to watch him, certainly wouldn't be a bad signing, but then again Cleverley and Anderson makes anyone look great.
LOL they do. But I am 100% sure if we don't snap him up now all the big clubs will do sooner or later! Remember not that long ago a top dutch coach and journo labbled him the Dutch Xavi, and Juve were after him to replace Pirlo. Oh yeah and for a young CM his vision is top already.

LOL they do. But I am 100% sure if we don't snap him up now all the big clubs will do sooner or later! Remember not that long ago a top dutch coach and journo labbled him the Dutch Xavi, and Juve were after him to replace Pirlo. Oh yeah and for a young CM his vision is top already.

I have faith in LVG and his targets, as he obviously knows them a lot better than we do. I just have none whatsoever in Ed Woodward to deliver them.

I have faith in LVG and his targets, as he obviously knows them a lot better than we do. I just have none whatsoever in Ed Woodward to deliver them.
Yes will have to trust the new man mate. I actually like Woody tbh felt sorry for him before having to deal with what he did having no prior experience in the job, and after that sharp learning curve I feel he will deliver.

Btw anyone is confident that we have back up plans in this summer at least after messing up last one?

I haven't seen us being linked with any LB which is worrying as maybe we are either wasting our time following Shaw or the deal is already done but we are waiting for some weird reasons.
There are very few good LBs, hopefully we make the move sooner than later. Alberto Moreno is a very good LB, Ricardo Rodriguez, Coentrao, Alex Sandro are the very few LBs who can replace Evra.

Also Benfica LB was very impressive but he is 28 years old and also Benfica have fee agreed for him from Granada.

Van Gaal gave woodward an A,B and C list. If Woodward cant achieve that, he needs to be demoted

Sounds like Januzaj had a good debut for Belguim on Monday after coming on as a sub, also Fellaini started and had a good game getting an assist to Lukaku. Kagawa was excellent for Japan playing in CM nearly getting on the score sheet on numerous occasions and having an assist.

Van Gaal gave woodward an A,B and C list. If Woodward cant achieve that, he needs to be demoted

He was able to come up with a list, and so comprehensive one, so quickly? All while working day-to-day preparing for WC and basically never spending one day in the club? I find that hard to believe.

Back