The Manchester United Thread

Work defo going on behind the scenes. Read article the other day with big Pete saying he has spoken to people inside the club and near top and all players on LVG list are willing to join UTD and talks are ongoing. Players were Hummels,Indi,Strootman,Shaw,Classie and 1 other. Also Enzo Perez has said today he has had negotiations with UTD about possible move.
Most definitely. This is much better than last season guag-ho approach.

Most definitely. This is much better than last season guag-ho approach.
Yes defo seems like a window under Fergie, lots of rumours but nothing else then BANG players sign :) Would be happy if them players I mentioned was coming in. LOL at all the babies crying we aint signed anyone yet!

Yes defo seems like a window under Fergie, lots of rumours but nothing else then BANG players sign :) Would be happy if them players I mentioned was coming in. LOL at all the babies crying we aint signed anyone yet!
Yes it does, doesn't it? And I love it :)

Btw, watching Holland-Wales and Leroy Fer is amazing.

Andy Mitten reliable? Reckons the player were nearest to signing is Hummels.

Well the issue here is , it would be good to get all business done before World Cup, so there can be something at least resembling pre-season. Especially since LVG typically takes a while to drill his teams, so he needs all the time he can get.

Yes it does, doesn't it? And I love it :)

Btw, watching Holland-Wales and Leroy Fer is amazing.

Not sure what Fer did was amazing, dude didn't even win a single tackle or recovered possession. Blind was much much better.Not that I'm saying he is better player or we should sign him but against Wales it was not even a contest.

Not sure what Fer did was amazing, dude didn't even win a single tackle or recovered possession. Blind was much much better.Not that I'm saying he is better player or we should sign him but against Wales it was not even a contest.
Don't trust WhoScored that much. I was watching first 60 minutes and he won at least 3 balls, what does WS classify as tackle, I don't know.

Don't trust WhoScored that much. I was watching first 60 minutes and he won at least 3 balls, what does WS classify as tackle, I don't know.

Not going entirely by stats. I watched the match too and I didn't find anything impressive so I checked stats to see if I missed something. At least in midfield you could see Blind running over like a lunatic and closing down the space.

Not going entirely by stats. I watched the match too and I didn't find anything impressive so I checked stats to see if I missed something. At least in midfield you could see Blind running over like a lunatic and closing down the space.
I think you're underrating Fer a little bit. But hey, I though Blind was mediocre that game, shows how much I know about football.

Be fair, we were missing williams, Ramsey and Bale. Plus we still have Coleman in charge. Wales could make it to euro 2016 :)

Be fair, we were missing williams, Ramsey and Bale. Plus we still have Coleman in charge. Wales could make it to euro 2016 :)

Never said anything about Wales, I said Blind was better than Fer against Wales and it was not even a contest (as in Blind was much better than Fer). :)

Cesc to Chelsea is done deal, 33m don't know if ? or €
No its not . Bara new manager has said he wont be selling to a CL rival. Also reports today in many German media we approached and are in discusions with Muller for last 2 weeks 43m Euros Muller not happy at being starter, also reports in Germany Bayern are wiling to sell Scheiny only for right price

Never said anything about Wales, I said Blind was better than Fer against Wales and it was not even a contest (as in Blind was much better than Fer). :)

I apologize. Was all defensive from another argument :)

No its not . Bara new manager has said he wont be selling to a CL rival. Also reports today in many German media we approached and are in discusions with Muller for last 2 weeks 43m Euros Muller not happy at being starter, also reports in Germany Bayern are wiling to sell Scheiny only for right price

No to both Scweini and Muller, actually. I'm a huge fan of both players, but unless LvG is planning to use Muller upfront, Muller is too similar in style to Mata and Kagawa, and we already have both of them in the team. Unless LvG is planning to sell off both Rooney and Kagawa, I can't see Muller fitting into our system. Luxury signing, no doubt, and a WC player, but not for us.

Schweinsteiger, on the other hand, is a different scenario. He'd be filling in for a needed role in the midfield. But he'd be very expensive, both in terms of wages and transfer fee, and it'd be short term, since he's almost 30? He could probably go on and play till he's 35 or so, but I somehow think injuries will catch up to him. However, a vital player to any team, nonetheless. I'd say a 50:50 on this, but definitely leaning more towards bringing in a younger player.

No to both Scweini and Muller, actually. I'm a huge fan of both players, but unless LvG is planning to use Muller upfront, Muller is too similar in style to Mata and Kagawa, and we already have both of them in the team. Unless LvG is planning to sell off both Rooney and Kagawa, I can't see Muller fitting into our system. Luxury signing, no doubt, and a WC player, but not for us.

Schweinsteiger, on the other hand, is a different scenario. He'd be filling in for a needed role in the midfield. But he'd be very expensive, both in terms of wages and transfer fee, and it'd be short term, since he's almost 30? He could probably go on and play till he's 35 or so, but I somehow think injuries will catch up to him. However, a vital player to any team, nonetheless. I'd say a 50:50 on this, but definitely leaning more towards bringing in a younger player.
Think it would be Schweinstiger instead of Strootman as it looks like we wont be signing him till Jan now, but will have to see what happens with the CM position. Think Muller would be good signing if we play 433.

Think it would be Schweinstiger instead of Strootman as it looks like we wont be signing him till Jan now, but will have to see what happens with the CM position. Think Muller would be good signing if we play 433.

I somehow doubt playing United playing a 4-3-3. That would suit a more possession style of play. Also, in a 4-3-3, you won't be able to fit in all of Januzaj, Mata, Kagawa, ifwebuyhim Muller and Rooney. I really, really doubt we'll shift to a 4-3-3. 4-2-3-1 still seems to be the best bet with our current crop of players..

Back