The Manchester United Thread

I somehow doubt playing United playing a 4-3-3. That would suit a more possession style of play. Also, in a 4-3-3, you won't be able to fit in all of Januzaj, Mata, Kagawa, ifwebuyhim Muller and Rooney. I really, really doubt we'll shift to a 4-3-3. 4-2-3-1 still seems to be the best bet with our current crop of players..
Yes tend to agree, will have see who he ships out. Tbh Muller really not needed, looks like its us and Chelsea for Cesc anyways. Been linked with loads players today from various sources Perez,Depay,Indi,De Vrij,Strootman,Cesc,Muller,Classie,Hummels,De Maria.

I am 99% sure we are either playing 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-2-1. Van Gaal just won't ship off 7 players only to change formation, he knows how to fit his plans in different formations also to make all the best players fit.

Look at Real, everyone pretty much said that Di Maria is leaving after Bale was bought, instead the formation got changed that both could be fit into the starting 11 and actually brought even the best out of both.

Edit:

[video=youtube;P9U9SaW3gRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9U9SaW3gRo[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
MANGALA WANTS UNITED MOVE
This should bring some cheer to Manchester United fans. According to the Guardian, Eliaquim Mangala has told his agent he would prefer a move to Old Trafford despite Manchester City making an offer for the Porto defender.

However: 'Louis van Gaal is not prioritising the Porto central defender because of reservations over his temperament.

'The Holland coach, who will take charge when their World Cup campaign ends, is an admirer of Mangala but is unsure if the 23-year-old has yet to fully mature.'

He should know the answer to that question by the end of France's participation at the World Cup.

MANGALA WANTS UNITED MOVE
This should bring some cheer to Manchester United fans. According to the Guardian, Eliaquim Mangala has told his agent he would prefer a move to Old Trafford despite Manchester City making an offer for the Porto defender.

However: 'Louis van Gaal is not prioritising the Porto central defender because of reservations over his temperament.

'The Holland coach, who will take charge when their World Cup campaign ends, is an admirer of Mangala but is unsure if the 23-year-old has yet to fully mature.'

He should know the answer to that question by the end of France's participation at the World Cup.
Has all the ability no dout, but watched him lot last season and he does tend to dive in and switch off quite a lot. Plus im sure they rejected 35m+ bid from City in Jan would be very expensive signing imo for an untested CB who is still learning and still quite error prone.

I am 99% sure we are either playing 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-2-1. Van Gaal just won't ship off 7 players only to change formation, he knows how to fit his plans in different formations also to make all the best players fit.

LVG is pretty well known for shoehorning players into his system, he'd rather play a player out of position, that change the formation drastically.

LVG is pretty well known for shoehorning players into his system, he'd rather play a player out of position, that change the formation drastically.

Or sell them. Good chance Kagawa becomes a central mid actually.

Atletico bought Sigueira from GRanada to replace Felipe who seems to heading to Chelsea, so our Shaw deal shouldn't be in danger anymore if we are still in for it.

World Cup starts in a week...I guess we can safely scratch the promise of all deals being completed before WC..

World Cup starts in a week...I guess we can safely scratch the promise of all deals being completed before WC..

Not even sure whom to believe anymore. One of the twitter guy (who is close with Daniel Taylor) went on a long rant about United.

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]Pilib de Br?n @Malachians ? 6h
Utd had deals done for Kroos and Shaw 6 weeks ago. Backed out of Kroos deal on LVG's direction, Shaw deal has stalled but shld go through[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Quote:
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]Moyes wanted Fabregas also, had already made moves on him. Woodward desperate for major signing. He wanted Cavani which Moyes called off[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Quote:
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]LVG targeting young Dutch players.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Quote:
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]Utd looked at Mangala and Godin, not convinced they're worth the money[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]EW is desperate for a marquee signing, he had multiple meetings with Cavani, PSG where willing to sell at 55m & EC wanted Utd move badly[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Quote:
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]LVG wants no part of EC either, he wants RVP. Both Gill and Ferguson despise Woodward. Utd back to square 1 & nowhere near signing anyone[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Quote:
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]What's worrying is the delay over Shaw, Utd briefed 6 weeks ago they had 2 deals done, that was Kroos and Shaw. Now neither are done[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Quote:
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]Utd chased Pogba for a year, Moyes didn't like his agent and wanted Vidal instead. Juventus quoted Utd 60m for Pogba.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Quote:
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]For the hilarious trolls, I'm going to assume you can read. The information tweeted was given by Danny Taylor on our football show today.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Quote:
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]The problem with Woodward is he thinks of Utd as a brand and not a football club which is why he wants a marquee signing.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Quote:
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]The problem with Woodward is he thinks of Utd as a brand and not a football club which is why he wants a marquee signing.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

That probably doesn't even come in the Top 10 things wrong with Woodward

Finally some reality to the situation.. we're going to struggle to sign quality players again this summer.. which could put a huge dent in this club because this is the one we simply HAD TO get right.

Obviously there is still time... but considering the information I've seen (similar to what sunlivk posted above) it's not looking good at all.

You're reading too much from transfer rumors.
Exactly, couldn't agree more. Social media (esp Twitter) is one of the worst things ever invented for football transfers. Sources this, agents that. I stick to the Man Utd website, Sky Sports and maybe the BBC for CONFIRMED news.

You're reading too much from transfer rumors.

Bit confused by this... how are we reading into transfer rumours when there isn't any? I haven't seen hardly anything to United linked heavily, which assumes either A) The media generally don't have a clue who LVG's targets are or B) Same as A but we're doing very little behind the scenes to work towards transfers.

Exactly, couldn't agree more. Social media (esp Twitter) is one of the worst things ever invented for football transfers. Sources this, agents that. I stick to the Man Utd website, Sky Sports and maybe the BBC for CONFIRMED news.
Yep, that's what I do. I also follow Telegraph for Mark Ogdens news.

Bit confused by this... how are we reading into transfer rumours when there isn't any? I haven't seen hardly anything to United linked heavily, which assumes either A) The media generally don't have a clue who LVG's targets are or B) Same as A but we're doing very little behind the scenes to work towards transfers.
I'll explain. It doesn't matter if there are little rumors, or a lot of them. When there were lot of them last year, we all were 'Yes, Thiago, Yes!, Fabregas, Yes!, third guy'. We gave those rumors to much credit. Now, when there aren't arguably same amount of rumors, we are seeing that as lack of acitvity. Which is probably not true. Point is, most of those tabloids are posting articles linking United to 'X' player, because they know it will bang and they'll have more visitors. Just like that Suarez rumor. It has 3x more visitors then Fabregas to United.

The transfer blog on the Utd website always makes good reading and its very tongue in cheek as it totals up the rumours at the end and every transfer window United would be signing about 50 players spending about 1 billion pound each window if all the rumours and papers where to believed. My advice, ignore it all.

I'm old enough to remember the good old days were nothing was announced until it was announced.

Last edited:
Yep, that's what I do. I also follow Telegraph for Mark Ogdens news.

I'll explain. It doesn't matter if there are little rumors, or a lot of them. When there were lot of them last year, we all were 'Yes, Thiago, Yes!, Fabregas, Yes!, third guy'. We gave those rumors to much credit. Now, when there aren't arguably same amount of rumors, we are seeing that as lack of acitvity. Which is probably not true. Point is, most of those tabloids are posting articles linking United to 'X' player, because they know it will bang and they'll have more visitors. Just like that Suarez rumor. It has 3x more visitors then Fabregas to United.

Yes but that guy Sunlivk quoted on the last page is reliable.. from the time I've followed him anyway.

Yes but that guy Sunlivk quoted on the last page is reliable.. from the time I've followed him anyway.

If Daniel Taylor was so sure to give him the information, why hasn't he written about it himself?
My guess is, at best DT can't verify it.

Back