The Manchester United Thread

Yes but that guy Sunlivk quoted on the last page is reliable.. from the time I've followed him anyway.
Unless it came out from Taylors mouth and he wrote it, I would take it with a pinch of salt.

We don't need any High profile signings for gods sake.. Rather fill the missing pieces with Dutch players & Shaw than go and try to be badass. We have high profile players already, Rvp, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj, De Gea & so on. We just need players who fill the missing gaps and work for the system now.

We don't need any High profile signings for gods sake.. Rather fill the missing pieces with Dutch players & Shaw than go and try to be badass. We have high profile players already, Rvp, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj, De Gea & so on. We just need players who fill the missing gaps and work for the system now.

Can have the best attack in the world but it is useless without a good spine to the team... we have non-existent midfield and badly need a revamp in defence and possibly wide positions. Yet you say we don't need any high profile signings? Am I missing something here? You think young Dutch players are going to produce miracles?

Can have the best attack in the world but it is useless without a good spine to the team... we have non-existent midfield and badly need a revamp in defence and possibly wide positions. Yet you say we don't need any high profile signings? Am I missing something here? You think young Dutch players are going to produce miracles?

Not sure about revamp in defense. Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Evans are good enough and we need a good LB. At max we may need one more experienced CB but again that creates same problem, Smalling and Jones can never grown in their position.

De Gea(23)

Rafael (23) Smalling(24)/Jones(22) Evans(26) LB (Shaw 18)

Fellaini(26) New CM

Januzaj(19) Rooney(28) Mata(26)

RVP(30)

I don't buy all this Fellaini hate, everyone underperformed with Moyes as manager and Fellaini was no different. He showed that he is more than good enough playing for Everton playing against some very good midfielders.

Also the average age of that team is 24 years.

Also our second team would be

Lindegaard

RB(Varela) Jones CB Evra/Buttner

Carrick Cleverley

Nani Kagawa Welbeck

Hernandez

We still have Young, Valencia to fit in somewhere.

Also we have players like Powell, Henriquez, Zaha, Anderson, Bebe, Lingard back from loan and players like Wilson, Lawrence who are ready to fill up numbers in the squad.

Don't let Moyes reign fool you thinking the team/squad is not good enough.

All we need is 1 or 2 CMs (1 is enough), 1 LB and if needed a CB. Yes we also need a winger with pace to stretch defense but that will again create lot of problems with Kagawa, Mata, Januzaj, Rooney in the team.

Not sure about revamp in defense. Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Evans are good enough and we need a good LB. At max we may need one more experienced CB but again that creates same problem, Smalling and Jones can never grown in their position.

De Gea(23)

Rafael (23) Smalling(24)/Jones(22) Evans(26) LB (Shaw 18)

Fellaini(26) New CM

Januzaj(19) Rooney(28) Mata(26)

RVP(30)

I don't buy all this Fellaini hate, everyone underperformed with Moyes as manager and Fellaini was no different. He showed that he is more than good enough playing for Everton playing against some very good midfielders.

Also the average age of that team is 24 years.

Also our second team would be

Lindegaard

RB(Varela) Jones CB Evra/Buttner

Carrick Cleverley

Nani Kagawa Welbeck

Hernandez

We still have Young, Valencia to fit in somewhere.

Also we have players like Powell, Henriquez, Zaha, Anderson, Bebe, Lingard back from loan and players like Wilson, Lawrence who are ready to fill up numbers in the squad.

Don't let Moyes reign fool you thinking the team/squad is not good enough.

All we need is 1 or 2 CMs (1 is enough), 1 LB and if needed a CB. Yes we also need a winger with pace to stretch defense but that will again create lot of problems with Kagawa, Mata, Januzaj, Rooney in the team.

Fellaini is really not a United player at all.. he doesn't fit anywhere and I can never understand his true role. Positionally I always find him to be questionable. You are cutting it rather short by saying we just need 1 CM? Cleverley and Anderson and Fellaini should be gone, but even if we keep Fellaini, that just leaves us with CM options of Fellaini, Fletcher and Carrick. Definitely need 2 quality additions here.... 1 can be perhaps on the younger side.

Defence wise ASSUMING and this is assuming, that we get Shaw.. LB should be fine. But CB wise I just don't think what we currently have is good enough.. definitely 1 CB at a minimum of true quality needed... Hummels is obviously perfect. But I'd say we may need a RB as well to offer Rafael competition, Smalling and Jones just don't cut it there and need to concentrate on their CB positions if they are ever going to live up to the full potential.

That attack is really narrow and it reminds me of City before Navas... I don't like not having a player who offers full width to stretch the opponents so we really do need a winger to go in that team. I'm sure LVG knows that... Valencia may not be able to live up to the heights of past anymore. Nani and Young should be sold... so that needs us definitely needing work there. 1 winger very minimum.

All in all that's a lot of work to address in my eyes, we can't rely on players who just fill the numbers despite everyone knowing they are never going to be United quality. So they need to be sold like the ones I mentioned and if we are going to compete with the best in the league, we need quality brought in to have any hope.

Fellaini should be kept, as should be Cleverley, especially if he's happy in a rotational role. The problem with Fellaini last season was he thought he could play like he was behind the striker while in a central position - he kept moving around everywhere, while not maintaining his position as is required when playing majorly in a 4-2-3-1. His injury also didn't help things, his confidence was shot, and he became amongst the worst players this season for us. Fellaini should definitely be given a chance to see what he can do under a new manager.

We need a good CB - whether WC or not depends on LvG's plans. If he plans to give more prominence to Evans, Jones and Smalling, then someone young would be perfect (Ginter or Martins Indi). If not, a WC CB would be required. This is actually a bit of a gamble - our CB's are good, yet they've not been played properly in position (Smalling/Jones) and have been injured a lot (Evans/Jones). If we get a WC CB, and none of our present CBs get injured, then it'll be a lot of rotation, or a lot of disgruntledness. However, if we get a young CB, and Jones and Evans go crocked, then we're in trouble. It'll be interesting to see what happens in this area. Oh and, add Michael Keane also to the mix.

Rafael is still an excellent attacking CWB. If planning to use an inverted forward on right side (Mata?), Rafael will be excellent at providing width, and giving crosses, and then running back to defend.

LvG apparently likes wingers, and rumours are that he's stopped the sale of Nani, stating he wanted to use wingers. If so, he'll definitely be looking at width. I'd assume one of Rooney/Kagawa/Mata will be sold, or else Rooney will used in a wider role, although I don't think he'd prefer that.

But why do they need to be high profile? I would take 4 ?1m signings if they were good enough.

Fellaini is really not a United player at all.. he doesn't fit anywhere and I can never understand his true role. Positionally I always find him to be questionable. You are cutting it rather short by saying we just need 1 CM? Cleverley and Anderson and Fellaini should be gone, but even if we keep Fellaini, that just leaves us with CM options of Fellaini, Fletcher and Carrick. Definitely need 2 quality additions here.... 1 can be perhaps on the younger side.

Fellaini is good enough. He was excellent as DM against Arsenal in his last season for Everton that too after playing 18 months as target man, not sure why many United fans forget this he played few very good games playing box to box role. Was easily much better than any of our CMs played.

Yes we can do with only 1 CM as we are not in Europe, so Fellaini, new CM, Carrick as back ups will do along with Cleverley who IMO won't be sold. Not to forget we have Powell coming back, even though he played as striker/AM for Wigan he showed his quality as CM for United against Chelsea. Rothwell and Pearson should get at least few mins in League cup games.

1 game per week, Fellani, 1 CM, Carrick, Cleverley are more than enough and not to forget Rooney can play there too.

Defence wise ASSUMING and this is assuming, that we get Shaw.. LB should be fine. But CB wise I just don't think what we currently have is good enough.. definitely 1 CB at a minimum of true quality needed... Hummels is obviously perfect. But I'd say we may need a RB as well to offer Rafael competition, Smalling and Jones just don't cut it there and need to concentrate on their CB positions if they are ever going to live up to the full potential.

Smalling was excellent when he played as CB, this is when I really doubt whether I'm watching same game as others because people slag off Smalling when he is played as RB when by trade he is very good CB and always did well when played in his actual position. Would love to see Vidic, Rio, Terry, Pique, Kompany playing as RB.

Also this is somewhat true for Jones too but he was less convincing as CB as he hardly got any games there. He has the potential and with run of games who knows he might surprise anyone as he has all the attributes to including good ability on the ball for a CB.

RB is definitely a worry, we need a back up but if we not going to promote anyone from the academy even when they play well then we should just save the cost and shut it. Varela was excellent all year for U21, very good defensively and good going forward. U21 is way way below PL but he can only beat what is up against him. For a back up I for one am more than happy with Varela. We paid 3 Million Euros to sign him.

That attack is really narrow and it reminds me of City before Navas... I don't like not having a player who offers full width to stretch the opponents so we really do need a winger to go in that team. I'm sure LVG knows that... Valencia may not be able to live up to the heights of past anymore. Nani and Young should be sold... so that needs us definitely needing work there. 1 winger very minimum.

I agree team is very narrow but to rectify it we have to cut loose and sell either RVP, Rooney or Mata as the way I see it Rooney, Mata, RVP and Januzaj should start every game. Also Januzaj is good at stretching defense, he proved it against Chelsea at bridge when he let Evra free so many times but Evra ****** it up.

I would love to see Nani getting one more year. Last 2 years he was injured almost all the time so IMO it's a valid excuse to get one more year. Yes we need 1 more winger but even if we don't get that shouldn't be a problem.

All in all that's a lot of work to address in my eyes, we can't rely on players who just fill the numbers despite everyone knowing they are never going to be United quality. So they need to be sold like the ones I mentioned and if we are going to compete with the best in the league, we need quality brought in to have any hope.

But we need squad filing players for sure as we have good enough first 11 bar CM and LB.

Dutch managers love to drag their countryman around, was it at Barca that LVG had like 7 or 8 of them? Lol.

Still, I find it really bizzare that he just blows off all previous targets - Moyes may have made a lot of mistakes, but the players he was targeting seemed absolutely rock solid.

Dutch managers love to drag their countryman around, was it at Barca that LVG had like 7 or 8 of them? Lol.

Still, I find it really bizzare that he just blows off all previous targets - Moyes may have made a lot of mistakes, but the players he was targeting seemed absolutely rock solid.

Yeah LVG signed lot of Dutch players, not sure if there are many good ones now. So it's really surprising that he is targeting Dutch players.

One thing we can never fault Moyes is his scouting and all the work he did before targeting any player. We were linked with Kroos, Carvalho, Shaw who all were big improvements on what we have and the players who actually address our weakness.

he wants players that suit his style, he clearly thinks Kroos doesn't, and he knows him very well, he's worked with him.

He'll want Strootman, but can't because he's injured.

he wants players that suit his style, he clearly thinks Kroos doesn't, and he knows him very well, he's worked with him.

He'll want Strootman, but can't because he's injured.

He wants a different German entirely in Schweinsteiger

He wants a different German entirely in Schweinsteiger

It would be good if for once in last 3 windows we can target and sign realistic players. Schweinsteiger is the symbol of Bayern and I can't see them selling him.

It would be good if for once in last 3 windows we can target and sign realistic players. Schweinsteiger is the symbol of Bayern and I can't see them selling him.

Not sure why we'd want him. Carvalho is along a more similar mould, but younger. Schweinsteiger is older, expensive and on high wages. Although, same can be said of Carvalho, and he's as yet unproven.

Not sure why we'd want him. Carvalho is along a more similar mould, but younger. Schweinsteiger is older, expensive and on high wages. Although, same can be said of Carvalho, and he's as yet unproven.

Schweinsteiger is amazing, for me the most complete midfielder in the world along with Vidal. He is few levels above Carvalho and also not sure if you are serious with "not sure why we'd want him" as we have Cleverley and Carrick in midfield.

Schweinsteiger will be 30 at the start of the season and with modern fitness levels and all that he has at least 3-4 years in him. Given the chance no way we should turn him down. He is a leader, superb defensively and I don't even have to comment on his engine, passing and shooting from distance.

Having said that I don't think Bayern will sell him.

They are different players entirely. BS can dictate and split sides with the best of them

He is, well was before Pep, he's had to curb his game under him, and Lahm has become the maestro at DMC. Not so sure now. Not sure LVG would go for it, if he felt he didnt have a chance. But we'll see.

Mundo saying we have bid ?25m for Sanchez.

Loved the rumor anyways. Juventus not wanting to spend more than 18 Million euros and we making 25 million euro bid. Not sure if there is any truth in this but would love to see him playing for ManUtd.

Back