The Manchester United Thread

Barcelona sources confirm that they have accepted Chelsea's 33M bid for midfielder Cesc Fabregas (27). [catalunya radio]

So atleast that is out of sight.

Do we even want Cesc?

Also, any truth in the rumors we are after Pogba?

Last edited:
Yeah LVG signed lot of Dutch players, not sure if there are many good ones now. So it's really surprising that he is targeting Dutch players.

One thing we can never fault Moyes is his scouting and all the work he did before targeting any player. We were linked with Kroos, Carvalho, Shaw who all were big improvements on what we have and the players who actually address our weakness.

Yeah it really is puzzling. I'd love to have a look at LVG's list of targets just to try and figure out what kind of players he is after.

he wants players that suit his style, he clearly thinks Kroos doesn't, and he knows him very well, he's worked with him.

He'll want Strootman, but can't because he's injured.

Strootman alone wouldn't fix United's midfield though. I mean, LVG does have his style but there are some limitations of what he can do with United's current squad. CM who is actually a legitimate goal threat is a must if they want to compete for CL spot, but having Fellaini run into the box to distract defenders with his hair doesn't sound like any LVG team that I've seen.

Both Fabregas and Kroos would work great . ****, last season even 80-year old Giggs would rip teams apart they were stupid enough not to pressure him. Schweinsteiger would also work great of course but it sounds completely unrealistic.

Last edited:
Strootman alone wouldn't fix United's midfield though. I mean, LVG does have his style but there are some limitations of what he can do with United's current squad. CM who is actually a legitimate goal threat is a must if they want to compete for CL spot, but having Fellaini run into the box to distract defenders with his hair doesn't sound like any LVG team that I've seen.

Both Fabregas and Kroos would work great . ****, last season even 80-year old Giggs would rip teams apart they were stupid enough not to pressure him. Schweinsteiger would also work great of course but it sounds completely unrealistic.
Nobody is expecting Strootman to be the superhero here. It's just like Javi Martinez was for Klopp's Bayern or as Busquets is for Barcelona. Strootman is same kind of playing who has the ability to fix the holes in defensive area and with also being wise when he rushes to box for scoring.

Strootman, Carrick/Fellaini, Mata/Kagawa midfield would be epic. Then on strike force Rvp/Rooney, Welbeck/Januzaj, Nani/Valencia.
Load off the Young, Cleverly and we can go from that.

Also we should need a Center back and Shaw.

It's not hard to work out what LVG wants. He needs an intelligent box to box player who is effective his on pitch general, which is why he wants Bastian, who is one, or eventually Strootman, who is his Dutch general. He also gets most of his goals front his front three.

What United need most is a new identity and style, and then 4 players.

It's not hard to work out what LVG wants. He needs an intelligent box to box player who is effective his on pitch general, which is why he wants Bastian, who is one, or eventually Strootman, who is his Dutch general. He also gets most of his goals front his front three.

What United need most is a new identity and style, and then 4 players.

50m for Vidal and would be worth every single penny.

Just when you thought the rumours couldn't get any more unrealistic.... Pogba... for 60m...... fairly sure he's made it perfectly clear he hated his time in Manchester and wouldn't come back anytime soon. Not only that... we'd never pay such money for 1 player.

Just when you thought the rumours couldn't get any more unrealistic.... Pogba... for 60m...... fairly sure he's made it perfectly clear he hated his time in Manchester and wouldn't come back anytime soon. Not only that... we'd never pay such money for 1 player.

I dont think it is unrealistic. I think that's actually a genuine story (Burt is good on United). I dont like the way its come to all the papers at once though, suggests a briefing. What's unrealistic is us buying him at that price, and rightly so.

I dont think it is unrealistic. I think that's actually a genuine story (Burt is good on United). I dont like the way its come to all the papers at once though, suggests a briefing. What's unrealistic is us buying him at that price, and rightly so.

We don't need Pogba, Kroos or Fabregas when we can get Jordy Clasie! ;) ;)

I really doubt we are trying to sign him, i think bridge is burnt long back and no way he is coming back IMO.

I really doubt we are trying to sign him, i think bridge is burnt long back and no way he is coming back IMO.

United have briefed that to the press because we're obviously struggling with transfers again... only logical reason.

We don't need Pogba, Kroos or Fabregas when we can get Jordy Clasie! ;) ;)

Kroos is the one I would like, but questions over his ability to lead, and whether he is actually interested. I would rather have Bastian over Kroos but its lets see.

United have briefed that to the press because we're obviously struggling with transfers again... only logical reason.

Not sure how that benefits the club as more rejections means more negative press.

It's not a player rejection, it's a club quoting a very high price for a player.

Yeah still unable to land the target is not a good press isn't it?

Even West Ham can say that they are interested in Pogba but don't want to pay the money asked, doesn't make sense at all.

For the price thats quoted for Pogba, United could Get Shaquiri, Alex Song, Van Dijk, and Fabregas, **** and Gareth Barry. and still have change.

For the price thats quoted for Pogba, United could Get Shaquiri, Alex Song, Van Dijk, and Fabregas, **** and Gareth Barry. and still have change.

>_> That would actually be a ****** decent transfer window

He's going to have to play 4-2-3-1, though, so that means front 4.

Nobody is expecting Strootman to be the superhero here. It's just like Javi Martinez was for Klopp's Bayern or as Busquets is for Barcelona. Strootman is same kind of playing who has the ability to fix the holes in defensive area and with also being wise when he rushes to box for scoring.

Strootman, Carrick/Fellaini, Mata/Kagawa midfield would be epic.

I don't see how that's epic midfield at all. Strootman is pretty similar to (pre-injury) Fletcher, he will keep you from being dominated, but that's all. Going forward it would still be very one-dimensional squad, passing the ball in the pivot for 20 minutes until it inevitably goes to wing where outnumbered wide players are going to try desperate crosses. You know, same **** as last year.

Back