The Manchester United Thread

[h=3]manunitedfc[/h]12 minutes ago

This is the start of Manchester United's downfall, turning down the likes of TONI KROOS who is pratically the same age and a world class player who would only be £10 million more expensive than herrera is a joke.

I have watched both players for alteast 2 full seasons now, all I can say is herrera is not a Manchester United player, he is a confident Tom cleverley at best. Face it, all Manchester United fans need to wake up and smell the coffee, we sold Ronaldo who funded the signings of Obertan, Valencia and Owen. We are not going to replace Scholes with a Kroos, Keane with a Vidal to match or better Yaya.

We have just given one of the most predictable one footed wingers with a inability to put in a good cross a new undeserved 3 year contract. If this is the future of Manchester United then lets play Carrick, fletcher, nani, cleverley, valencia and fellaini week in week out. Do our best to clinch the fourth spot as a 'trophy'. Target useless players who are not world class like all the dutch team with the exeption of Robben. A lot like myself would like Hummels instead we will sign Ron Vlaar that is the reality.

Manchester United are no longer a big club, Barca have sanchez on the bench, we have Young if he is not starting, Real have isco/di maria well next season our equivalent will be anderson, Bayern have schweinsteiger/kroos on the bench whilst we have fellaini. Here to finishing 7th again no ambition no backing by the board and owners, players like you said many would not have heard off. At this rate we will not sign shaw but simply sign A.cole on a free. When Real want a player they go all out to get him e.g. Bale with United it is the opposite, fans hopes are raised only to be soon dashed with embarrassment, Herrera is not good enough just like Fellaini isn't either.

Thankyou Glazers.

Anyone fancy a good laugh? Read that post above from someone commented on a youtube video haha.

manunitedfc

12 minutes ago

This is the start of Manchester United's downfall, turning down the likes of TONI KROOS who is pratically the same age and a world class player who would only be £10 million more expensive than herrera is a joke.

I have watched both players for alteast 2 full seasons now, all I can say is herrera is not a Manchester United player, he is a confident Tom cleverley at best. Face it, all Manchester United fans need to wake up and smell the coffee, we sold Ronaldo who funded the signings of Obertan, Valencia and Owen. We are not going to replace Scholes with a Kroos, Keane with a Vidal to match or better Yaya.

We have just given one of the most predictable one footed wingers with a inability to put in a good cross a new undeserved 3 year contract. If this is the future of Manchester United then lets play Carrick, fletcher, nani, cleverley, valencia and fellaini week in week out. Do our best to clinch the fourth spot as a 'trophy'. Target useless players who are not world class like all the dutch team with the exeption of Robben. A lot like myself would like Hummels instead we will sign Ron Vlaar that is the reality.

Manchester United are no longer a big club, Barca have sanchez on the bench, we have Young if he is not starting, Real have isco/di maria well next season our equivalent will be anderson, Bayern have schweinsteiger/kroos on the bench whilst we have fellaini. Here to finishing 7th again no ambition no backing by the board and owners, players like you said many would not have heard off. At this rate we will not sign shaw but simply sign A.cole on a free. When Real want a player they go all out to get him e.g. Bale with United it is the opposite, fans hopes are raised only to be soon dashed with embarrassment, Herrera is not good enough just like Fellaini isn't either.

Thankyou Glazers.

Non sense. Glazers are ready to pay the big money, it's not their fault if Manager is not sure on his targets.

Also the whole article is nonsense IMO.

Anyone fancy a good laugh? Read that post above from someone commented on a youtube video haha.

Until this window is finished, he'll have a point, but i expect it to be dead in the water within a fortnight.

Edit: i presume he countign RVP as a free.

Last edited:
Non sense. Glazers are ready to pay the big money, it's not their fault if Manager is not sure on his targets.

Also the whole article is nonsense IMO.

I find it amusing how he classes RVP as not World-Class in the Holland team but Robben apparently is... he has an agenda against anything United related. Lol.

Ducker and BBC reported that we haven't made 34 Million bid for Shaw.. Mirror is making up the stories.

He's really impressive, I remember the games he played against us in Europa League, so dynamic, great first touch, aggressive.. surprisingly good tackler.

Also watch his videos vs Real Madrid and Barcelona this season (on youtube), just shows how good a player he can be, dominated midfield against some great players.

I think LVG wants a midfielder who has high energy and can move the ball quickly, it appears he may have got his man!

34m is just too much... if they want anything over 30 they can honestly do one IMO. Honestly I don't care too much but it would make more sense if that was the case to go for Ricardo Rodriguez or Daley Blind.

You can probably get Rojo and Carvalho from Sporting for 34mil.

He's really impressive, I remember the games he played against us in Europa League, so dynamic, great first touch, aggressive.. surprisingly good tackler.

Also watch his videos vs Real Madrid and Barcelona this season (on youtube), just shows how good a player he can be, dominated midfield against some great players.

I think LVG wants a midfielder who has high energy and can move the ball quickly, it appears he may have got his man!
Agree he looked good in the youtube clip. Now just to dress up the rest of the midfield and defence.

Would love to see Martins Indi in the back 4. Young, but mature and can cover on the left if need be, granted that he is not the best in Left Back.

Agree he looked good in the youtube clip. Now just to dress up the rest of the midfield and defence.

Would love to see Martins Indi in the back 4. Young, but mature and can cover on the left if need be, granted that he is not the best in Left Back.

I actually prefer De Vrij over Martins Indi... from what I've seen... but honestly LVG has made a lot of average players look really good so it's hard to tell who we should go for.

One thing is for sure... we should swoop for Memphis Depay... great young talent.

I actually prefer De Vrij over Martins Indi... from what I've seen... but honestly LVG has made a lot of average players look really good so it's hard to tell who we should go for.

One thing is for sure... we should swoop for Memphis Depay... great young talent.
That is why I am so excited about next season, because lets be honest...last season we where average and LVG is doing great with a good, but not great Dutch Team, so he should be able to get the most of the under performing player in our team.

Not a bad idea to get Depay (he is a bit dodgy keeping hold of the ball) and then get rid of Young. And his market value is only 5m Euros.

That is why I am so excited about next season, because lets be honest...last season we where average and LVG is doing great with a good, but not great Dutch Team, so he should be able to get the most of the under performing player in our team.

Not a bad idea to get Depay (he is a bit dodgy keeping hold of the ball) and then get rid of Young. And his market value is only 5m Euros.

Indeed, the longer Holland stay in the World Cup, the more players will become interested in joining us and our project under LVG.

That's why I'm supporting Holland now :D

Indeed, the longer Holland stay in the World Cup, the more players will become interested in joining us and our project under LVG.

That's why I'm supporting Holland now :D
Edgar Davids got me to support Holland, a few years back.

He averaged over two shots a game last season for Bilbao, more than most midfielders in La Liga.

He ended the season with five goals and five assists.
The midfielder boasts an 80% pass completion rate.

With four red cards to his name in his young career, Herrera has proved that he can turn into a tough-tackling rock in the centre of the park.

The English game is traditionally far more physical than the Spanish one, so this may stand the Basque-star in good stead.

He picks up a yellow card on average in one in every three and a half games.

Who cares about his wages. The club can afford it, he's worth it.

A guy who had one decent season in the EPL is suddenly worth 100k p/w .. He isn't worth that much by any stretch of imagination. Putting it into context, you are going to make him the most expensive full-back signing in history and pay him wages that is on par with genuine superstars. ****, Azpilicueta is probably a better LB than him and still earns less despite signing a new contract.

What happens if he flops? It will be impossible to move him on. Same situation Chelsea are in with Torres. What happens if he succeeds? Everytime he signs a new contract, his wages will continue increasing from the already exorbitant number

It isn't about whether the club can afford it but the message it sends out. Going by your logic, United should just offer £30m + 100k p/w whenever they come across a player blowing competition out of the water simply because 'they can afford it so who the **** cares right?'

It's worth pointing out the wages are pure speculation... I can't for one minute believe we're going to put a youngster on 100k wages unless it's on a very very long-term contract.

Sorry but then what reason would he have for choosing United?

- He is a Chelsea fan so it's definitely not the 'glory' of playing for United that is luring him

- United are not in the Champions League so it's not the attraction of CL either

- He is a Chelsea fan so I am sure he would rather play under a Chelsea legend in Mourinho than LVG. Either way he was willing to come even when Moyes was in charge so definitely not the attraction of the manager

Unfortunately money talks. I am willing to bet my right ball that he would have agreed to come to Chelsea if United didn't completely blow us out of the water with their proposed contract + transfer fee. Chelsea have been tracking him for ages and everyone at the club thought he was the perfect replacement for Ashley Cole

The main reason United don't have competition for him is because no other club thinks he is worth the £30m price tag and the huge wages United are offering is simply unmatchable

Last edited:
Back