The Manchester United Thread

He was in preliminary and didn't get in because of the experienced heads in squad e.g. Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso etc.

He had a good season but all those in midfield had better seasons. Simple as that I believe. Isco & Illaramendi aren't in the squad either but you named them?

Isco and Illaramendi are at Madrid, much more likely to be picked, and younger than Herrera (koke/isco) Iller is the same age i think, but has the Barca/Madrid thing going for him as well. Big Club favourtism exists in National teams, they will all be looked at before Ander, IMO.

Isco and Illaramendi are at Madrid, much more likely to be picked, and younger than Herrera (koke/isco) Iller is the same age i think, but has the Barca/Madrid thing going for him as well. Big Club favourtism exists in National teams, they will all be looked at before Ander, IMO.

Koke and Isco are different type of players IMO they can't play the deep-lying CM role which he would be used for Man U... I'm assuming.

Their is a difference between spending an extra few million and spending 34m on an 18 year-old making him the most expensive full-back signing in history. Either way I don't think the transfer fee is the problem as he can go on to give you 10+ years of service although it will be impossible to make a profit/break even if he flops. For me, his wages will be the big issue ...

Who cares about his wages. The club can afford it, he's worth it.

It's worth pointing out the wages are pure speculation... I can't for one minute believe we're going to put a youngster on 100k wages unless it's on a very very long-term contract.

Herrera was left out because those in midfield had a better year than him.

Koke, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Alonso, Busquets all play in that midfield 3 and had a better year than him. Don't forget that he wasn't in Champions League last season either. I'm not saying he is the future of Spanish football, just that Balague says he's thought of that highly in Spain.

Obviously we'll see but it's a very good signing regardless.

Seems Bilbao fans dont even care...

Pogba_6: “€36m? Ander seems like a decent player but before spending €36m on him, I would buy Toni Kroos.”

Manolo:”He’s good, but it’s not normal that Fabregas is worth €33m and Herrera €36m. Man United are fools for not going after Rakitic for €20m.”

Bat: “What great business for Athletic, we have at least two players better than him in his position.”

Cristian93: “What I don’t understand is how Herrera is more expensive than Cesc. If it’s true we should laugh in the face of Bartomeu.”

He’s a good player, but not worth €36 million. He’s not even involved in the World Cup.”
Metalico1905: “€36m for him? What barbarity, what a way to throw your money away. He’s not even worth half of what they’re saying they are going to pay. Football has become crazy.”

Juakoybea: “Good player, but not worth €36 million.”

Kolarov16: “With all my respect for Ander, who is brilliant, but to pay €36m for him yet nobody is paying Marco Reus’ €35m release clause is a scandal.”

Elio: “€36m for five goals and five assists - who is complaining?”

Pablo Alvarez: “So Alexis Sanchez, what is he worth

I'm curious, who is their 2 other better CM's supposedly?

Koke and Isco are different type of players IMO they can't play the deep-lying CM role which he would be used for Man U... I'm assuming.

Koke can as long as he has an anchor (Busquets) type player to help but no Isco wont be... :)

I hope United still get an out and out ball winning in the mix though. there were rumours of De Jong last week for 5mil, you could do worse for 5mil.

Koke can as long as he has an anchor (Busquets) type player to help but no Isco wont be... :)

I hope United still get an out and out ball winning in the mix though. there were rumours of De Jong last week for 5mil, you could do worse for 5mil.

Would prefer a long-term solution but De Jong is a good buy at that price.

It's worth pointing out the wages are pure speculation... I can't for one minute believe we're going to put a youngster on 100k wages unless it's on a very very long-term contract.

I just have more important things to worry about than whether he's on 60k or 100k.

I'm curious, who is their 2 other better CM's supposedly?

Marcos, Moreno, Benat? i have no idea.

Trying to understand football rumour tweets is like looking for the meaning of life in alphabetty Spaggeti most of the time..

No one has a clue about wages. Like we have seen with Rooney's saga same paper reported different wages. They just try to make it big to make it look like a sensational transfer or something like that.

Would prefer a long-term solution but De Jong is a good buy at that price.

Never liked him. Hopefully we go for some other player than paying singly penny for De Jong.

Never liked him. Hopefully we go for some other player than paying singly penny for De Jong.

He's a good player in a system that suits him though... he's a nasty ******* but that's kind of part of what he does for the team! :P

Marcos, Moreno, Benat? i have no idea.

Trying to understand football rumour tweets is like looking for the meaning of life in alphabetty Spaggeti most of the time..

Ahhhh, well, honestly they could be right... but I kind of take any credibility away from them with their stupid comments on Rakitic and Reus and then mentioning Sanchez... like it has any relevance.

Rakitic was only ever going to go to Barcelona if they were interested.

Ander Herrera the first signing of Louis van Gaal's era at #MUFC.

Four-year deal worth €3M per year (according to Marca).

Very happy with that.

Claims in a Spain newspaper "Mundo Deportivo" say we are trying to do a "Top Secret" deal to sign Xavi this summer. A bit far fetch?

A lot of credible people are saying it's a really good signing for us and a perfect fit for what United needs. Can't wait to see this lad in action.

Back