The Manchester United Thread

No one has a clue about wages. Like we have seen with Rooney's saga same paper reported different wages. They just try to make it big to make it look like a sensational transfer or something like that.

To be fair, papers are only reporting wages between 100k p/w and 150k p/w. It adds up though, it's the reason why United are the only ones being linked with Shaw atm. No one else wants to match the wages they are offering

To be fair, papers are only reporting wages between 100k p/w and 150k p/w. It adds up though, it's the reason why United are the only ones being linked with Shaw atm. No one else wants to match the wages they are offering

Now it's 150K lol. I have seen papers reporting from 70 to 100k.

Now it's 150K lol. I have seen papers reporting from 70 to 100k.

Chelsea are willing to offer him 60k p/w according to guardian. So I highly doubt he will spurn a move to the CL club he loves and supports and one that will challenge for the title next season under one of the best managers in the world to move to united for an extra 10k-20k every week. I am very sure that the contract United are offering him is lucrative enough allowing them to blow competition out of the water

In all honesty, I don't know why United are going after Shaw. Players like Blind, Moreno and Rodriguez are quality options at the fraction of the price Shaw will command

Chelsea are willing to offer him 60k p/w according to guardian. So I highly doubt he will spurn a move to the CL club he loves and supports and one that will challenge for the title next season under one of the best managers in the world to move to united for an extra 10k-20k every week. I am very sure that the contract United are offering him is lucrative enough allowing them to blow competition out of the water

lol whatever. It was great reading your posts from "We need Shaw" "Shaw is already great player" "we can match anything United offers" to "He had only one decent season", "we have other areas to improve" "Shaw is not worth it" "ManUtd offer was too good".

Also not sure if you know this, 20K more per week is around 1 Million per year?

lol whatever. It was great reading your posts from "We need Shaw" "Shaw is already great player" "we can match anything United offers" to "He had only one decent season", "we have other areas to improve" "Shaw is not worth it" "ManUtd offer was too good".

Also not sure if you know this, 20K more per week is around 1 Million per year?

Right so when we have nothing to say, let's just resort to personal attacks? Yes Shaw would be perfect for Chelsea and yes we can match whatever United offers. We just don't want to and I can see why. 100k p/w is too much for a 18 year-old and I am so much happier if we get Filipe Luis instead who is much better atm

I think even LVG realises this which is why the Shaw deal has pretty much stalled. Cheaper options out there Sunil

Edit: Not sure when I ever said Shaw was a great player but he certainly has the potential to be one

Last edited:
******* chuffed about Herrera have always rated him and was gutted when we missed out in the other window. Have watched him lots for the last 3-4 seasons will be great addition and seems fair price. Our window is well and truly now going, lets bring on the next I would like for us to go for Khedira,Shaw,Depay,Indi,Sanchez,Di Maria,Strootman,Mangala.

******* chuffed about Herrera have always rated him and was gutted when we missed out in the other window. Have watched him lots for the last 3-4 seasons will be great addition and seems fair price. Our window is well and truly now going, lets bring on the next I would like for us to go for Khedira,Shaw,Depay,Indi,Sanchez,Di Maria,Strootman,Mangala.

A tad overpriced but he is a quality player imo ... Good signing

Meanwhile you continue to pay a 20-21year old (when you actually signed him) 180k a week in Eden Hazard... yet you continue to go on about United ***apparently**** giving a young player 100k wages? The irony is too much to handle.

Right so when we have nothing to say, let's just resort to personal attacks? Yes Shaw would be perfect for Chelsea and yes we can match whatever United offers. We just don't want to and I can see why. 100k p/w is too much for a 18 year-old and I am so much happier if we get Filipe Luis instead who is much better atm

I think even LVG realises this which is why the Shaw deal has pretty much stalled. Cheaper options out there Sunil

Where have I insulted you? I just posted the pattern of your posts which we all know how it will end up from start to finish.

Yeah, we had this argument that money talks and you said no, he wants to play for Chelsea and for Jose Mourinho.

I don't believe these wages story. I can post Guardian links where 1 says we offered 60K in May and one which says we offered 100K in April.
Same with Mirror instead it's 85K and 100K
Ogden who is very good source said it's around 60K.

If ManUtd sign Shaw it's because they are willing to meet the price set by Southampton.

Meanwhile you continue to pay a 20-21year old (when you actually signed him) 180k a week in Eden Hazard... yet you continue to go on about United ***apparently**** giving a young player 100k wages? The irony is too much to handle.

Actually Hazard is paid 100k p/w. He also had the likes of Madrid, Barcelona and basically every top club interested in him. He was also player of the league in Frace once. Young player of the year twice. Led his team to the title. I am sure you would agree that his pedigree is better than Shaw's is now when we signed him

No offence, but since Shaw's been linked with United I've seen the wages rumoured to be over 100k. Also no offence to Alcaraz, but I did have a little chuckle at the irony of you mentioning in another post that United were just trying to blow the competition out the water with the transfer fee and wages. Isn't that what Chelsea have been doing for the last few seasons?

All in all, this is just rumour and hearsay until a deal for Shaw is done one way or the other. Can't we all just play nice?

Where have I insulted you? I just posted the pattern of your posts which we all know how it will end up from start to finish.

Yeah, we had this argument that money talks and you said no, he wants to play for Chelsea and for Jose Mourinho.

I don't believe these wages story. I can post Guardian links where 1 says we offered 60K in May and one which says we offered 100K in April.
Same with Mirror instead it's 85K and 100K
Ogden who is very good source said it's around 60K.

If ManUtd sign Shaw it's because they are willing to meet the price set by Southampton.

If you don't believe the wages story when why does he want to sign for United and not Chelsea? Money talks as you yourself agree. Logic states that he would sign for Chelsea over united if both offered the same wages since he is a Chelsea fan and Chelsea are looking the better team at the moment although it might not last for long

The issue isn't about the transfer fee. £30m is justifiable considering he can go on to give you 10 years of service. The reason why Chelsea and no other club has been linked with him recently is because no one wants to match the wages United are offering which most reliable news outlets are claiming is near the 100k p/w mark which sounds about right

Actually Hazard is paid 100k p/w. He also had the likes of Madrid, Barcelona and basically every top club interested in him. He was also player of the league in Frace once. Young player of the year twice. Led his team to the title. I am sure you would agree that his pedigree is better than Shaw's is now when we signed him

Hazard is paid 8.8 Million pounds. That was for a 21 year old player and you also paid 7 Million agent fee.

For Shaw to get them awards in England is a lot lot lot tougher... mainly because the league is 10x stronger etc. and he's not in one of the teams in contention for the title.

Point of the matter is, you're believing hearsay and reports about wages when the only reliable person I truely believe is Mark Ogden with United and he says the wages are 60k... so until something is concrete lets leave the speculation at the door.

These reporters you're believing are probably the same ones that didn't have a clue about Herrera until this morning.. so they are just following a pack majority of the time.

No offence, but since Shaw's been linked with United I've seen the wages rumoured to be over 100k. Also no offence to Alcaraz, but I did have a little chuckle at the irony of you mentioning in another post that United were just trying to blow the competition out the water with the transfer fee and wages. Isn't that what Chelsea have been doing for the last few seasons?

All in all, this is just rumour and hearsay until a deal for Shaw is done one way or the other. Can't we all just play nice?

Eh yeah Chelsea have been doing it. I dont think United are wrong for employing this approach either ... Simply stating the situation that's all. Cheaper options out there other than Shaw which I am sure everyone would agree

For Shaw to get them awards in England is a lot lot lot tougher... mainly because the league is 10x stronger etc. and he's not in one of the teams in contention for the title.

Point of the matter is, you're believing hearsay and reports about wages when the only reliable person I truely believe is Mark Ogden with United and he says the wages are 60k... so until something is concrete lets leave the speculation at the door.

These reporters you're believing are probably the same ones that didn't have a clue about Herrera until this morning.. so they are just following a pack majority of the time.

And you are just appealing to authority (Mark Ogden) and refusing to counter the logic of my arguments. The reason why no other club has been linked with him is because United have blown everyone out of the water with their transfer fee and contract offer. Otherwise I can't speak for other clubs but Chelsea would have been in for him as we have been tracking him for a long time

If you don't believe the wages story when why does he want to sign for United and not Chelsea? Money talks as you yourself agree. Logic states that he would sign for Chelsea over united if both offered the same wages since he is a Chelsea fan and Chelsea are looking the better team at the moment although it might not last for long

The issue isn't about the transfer fee. £30m is justifiable considering he can go on to give you 10 years of service. The reason why Chelsea and no other club has been linked with him recently is because no one wants to match the wages United are offering which most reliable news outlets are claiming is near the 100k p/w mark which sounds about right

You have any reliable links to prove that Chelsea were ready to pay 30 million for him?

Re why he wants to sign for ManUtd and not Chelsea? I have already said money talks. Just that you posting ridiculous number is just making you look desperate to prove something.

Hazard signed for Chelsea because you blew out everyone out of the race with huge wages and agent fee, just like you did for Ballack and all the players you signed.

Not sure where is the problem here

You have any reliable links to prove that Chelsea were ready to pay 30 million for him?

Re why he wants to sign for ManUtd and not Chelsea? I have already said money talks. Just that you posting ridiculous number is just making you look desperate to prove something.

Hazard signed for Chelsea because you blew out everyone out of the race with huge wages and agent fee, just like you did for Ballack and all the players you signed.

Not sure where is the problem here

I am pretty sure Chelsea realise that paying 30m is not a lot when he can give you 10 years of service. If you and me can realise that, pretty sure the people who actually run football clubs can

Never said blowing competition out of the water is a bad thing. The whole argument was centred around whether United are really offering shaw a bumper contract. Just saying that there are cheaper options out there who are just as good as Shaw imo so it's a big stupid to chase after him which I think LVG realises

And you are just appealing to authority (Mark Ogden) and refusing to counter the logic of my arguments. The reason why no other club has been linked with him is because United have blown everyone out of the water with their transfer fee and contract offer. Otherwise I can't speak for other clubs but Chelsea would have been in for him as we have been tracking him for a long time

Good lord, I'll be glad if we get him just so I know it will annoy Chelsea fans so much that they haven't got their way with a transfer for once.

Jose is going for Filipe Luis because he can't take any gambles because he knows one bad season again and Roman shall chop him mercilessly.

Back