The Manchester United Thread

I am pretty sure Chelsea realise that paying 30m is not a lot when he can give you 10 years of service. If you and me can realise that, pretty sure the people who actually run football clubs can

Never said blowing competition out of the water is a bad thing. The whole argument was centred around whether United are really offering shaw a bumper contract. Just saying that there are cheaper options out there who are just as good as Shaw imo so it's a big stupid to chase after him which I think LVG realises

You are sure? Just like I'm sure Chelsea wants experienced player. You are assuming and arguing, I don't see point here.

Good lord, I'll be glad if we get him just so I know it will annoy Chelsea fans so much that they haven't got their way with a transfer for once.

Jose is going for Filipe Luis because he can't take any gambles because he knows one bad season again and Roman shall chop him mercilessly.

Trust me I am not annoyed. I am happy we are going for Luis instead. As I mentioned, people at Chelsea always believed Shaw would be the perfect replacement for Cole so they would have signed Shaw if they could. Even if I was to concede to your whole idea about Jose not going for him because Roman will sack him, what about City? They were linked with him earlier in the summer but suddenly everything went quiet on that front as well

Because United blew everyone out of the water with their lucrative contract offer and transfer fee

You are sure? Just like I'm sure Chelsea wants experienced player. You are assuming and arguing, I don't see point here.

Its a pretty reasonable assumption to make. One that United fans have been happy to make as well to justify Shaw's transfer fee. As I said from the start, it's the wages that have deterred Chelsea ...

Its a pretty reasonable assumption to make. One that United fans have been happy to make as well to justify Shaw's transfer fee. As I said from the start, it's the wages that have deterred Chelsea ...

What assumptions have we made? ManUtd made 27 Million bid which many are not happy with but somewhat good deal as he is only 18.

You are assuming Chelsea didn't match bid because of ManUtd wages.

You are just making up stories now.

What assumptions have we made? ManUtd made 27 Million bid which many are not happy with but somewhat good deal as he is only 18.

You are assuming Chelsea didn't match bid because of ManUtd wages.

You are just making up stories now.

And as I mentioned, it's a fair assumption to make because £30m as you said is somewhat justifiable for a player who can give you 10+ years of service. Especially for a player Chelsea have tracked intensively and believed him to be the ideal replacement for Cole. Something which I have repeatedly stated on this forum in the past few months

Anyways I am off ... You guys can believe what you want. I am pretty sure everyone agrees that their is better and cheaper options to Shaw atm

11 pages in 7 hours and no transfer is even officially confirmed.

0QpiKCi.gif

And as I mentioned, it's a fair assumption to make because £30m as you said is somewhat justifiable for a player who can give you 10+ years of service. Especially for a player Chelsea have tracked intensively and believed him to be the ideal replacement for Cole. Something which I have repeatedly stated on this forum in the past few months

Still an assumption with nothing to back it up.

What you think is completely different from what Chelsea management thinks.

I said Vidal was the perfect player for us when he was at Leverkusen, shame ManUtd didn't think so.
I said Martinez would be brilliant for us, again we were never linked with him.
I said Sanchez was amazing but we ended up paying 16 Million for Young.
I thought Dembele was good option but we didn't even try for him when was sold for just 15 Million.
I always said Kovacic is going to become excellent player, but ManUtd are not trying to test Inter's resistance.
I always said Smalling shouldn't play as RB but Fergie and Moyes played him there a lot.
I said we should have signed Robben and Sneijder as part of Ronaldo deal but Fergie didn't think Robben was brave enough.
Many ManUtd fans wanted Mccarthy when he was at Wigan but we never tried to sign him.
I wanted us to sign Barkley before last season but for reasons there weren't any rumors of him and ManUtd.
I wanted us to sign Moutinho when he moved from Sporting to Porto but shame we never tried.

I could go on and on. What soneone on some forum thinks and what management who are responsible for their decision making think are very different.

You think Shaw is good enough deal for 30 Million as he offers 10 years of service but maybe Chelsea management though short term and said Luis is good option for 3-5 years for 15 Million.

So don't think your assumptions are some what real and logical.

I really like both Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera but it seems very steep how much United will end up paying

Ander - 29million, roughly 50-120k wages
Shaw - 34million, roughly 70-150k wages

Just seems a bit exterminate, however you will be getting two very good young players

Are we paying every signing over 100K?

Glad we didn't sign Buttner and Bebe this year.

Only wages rumors I have seen is from Marca who said it's 3 Million euros which is around which is around 50 K pounds per week. Not sure about net or gross though.

Are we paying every signing over 100K?

Glad we didn't sign Buttner and Bebe this year.

Most big signings will be on 100k+ and United, even though they are still a major club, may have to pay slightly more if other teams in better positions are interested in the same player

Btw it's good to see us signing player before pre season starts.

As per Twitter he has traveled to Manchester and will be done today.

Finally a CM who is good on the ball and has good mobility.

Shaw deal we will know either way as England games will be done today and Southampton have new manager. Either get it done or move on to next targets like Ricardo Rodriguez.

Most big signings will be on 100k+ and United, even though they are still a major club, may have to pay slightly more if other teams in better positions are interested in the same player

Many papers reported that he was willing to take pay cut last summer to join ManUtd.

Maynot be the case this year but the only report from a paper was 3 Million Euros.

Also I don't see any team trying to sign Ander Herrera, so we are not competing with any teams for his signature.

Many papers reported that he was willing to take pay cut last summer to join ManUtd.

Maynot be the case this year but the only report from a paper was 3 Million Euros.

Also I don't see any team trying to sign Ander Herrera, so we are not competing with any teams for his signature.

Herrera will be relatively cheap in terms of wages. He has stated his desire to come to OT and i dont think any other team would pay the 30mil release clause

I really like both Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera but it seems very steep how much United will end up paying

Ander - 29million, roughly 50-120k wages
Shaw - 34million, roughly 70-150k wages

Just seems a bit exterminate, however you will be getting two very good young players

Just the way of modern transfers unfortunately... I can't think of many others available for cheaper than Herrera... if we had of gone for Kroos wages would of been extortinate but transfer fee may of been cheaper.

Back