The Manchester United Thread

Herrera is extremely overrated. And the problem is he seems to be extremely overrated only by ourselves (Utd). Nobody else has seriously expressed any intention to buy him and the fact of the matter is he had 1 (ONE) great season two seasons ago. He's nowhere near the Spain National Team as well ffs. I hope Im wrong and he turns out great if we get him.

We should be pushing to get KOKE instead.

Herrera is extremely overrated. And the problem is he seems to be extremely overrated only by ourselves (Utd). Nobody else has seriously expressed any intention to buy him and the fact of the matter is he had 1 (ONE) great season two seasons ago. He's nowhere near the Spain National Team as well ffs. I hope Im wrong and he turns out great if we get him.

We should be pushing to get KOKE instead.

There is no way Atletico will sell him after (apparently) losing Costa, Luis and also Chelsea GK returning from loan. He also said he won't be leaving this season and anyone who wants to buy should be paying his release clause which is around 60 Million.

There is no way Atletico will sell him after (apparently) losing Costa, Luis and also Chelsea GK returning from loan. He also said he won't be leaving this season and anyone who wants to buy should be paying his release clause which is around 60 Million.

Not to even mention Koke doesn't play the deeper lying CM position.... sigh.

Not to even mention Koke doesn't play the deeper lying CM position.... sigh.

From what I read he can play that role.

Anyways who cares about whom we could sign when we are about to sign a proper CM.

If we can sign a proper holding midfielder then we are in very good position.

De Gea

Rafael Evans/Jones Smalling Shaw/Evra

Herrera Fellaini/NewCM

Januzaj Rooney Mata

RVP

That's a very good team and the one where most of the players will only improve.

Then we have Welbeck, Hernandez, Kagawa, Nani, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley for squad role. Saying that I believe Nani will be a starter if not sold.

True, he's had a strong second half to this season.

Athletic was poor the season before anyway, so you can't judge him on that too much.

David @davidjaca · 1h
Ander heading to Manchester now. Has just been saying his goodbyes to Athletic players.
Ander, on Monday evening, personally called Athletic's President to inform him of his desire to leave.
Indeed. Man United did this one differently, already called Athletic of their intention to pay money to. Handled correctly.
United offered to pay €40m, what his clause rises to upon July 1. Thus, they avoid having to do the Bayern-Javi route.
He's always wanted to go since interest emerged. That night at OT in the Europa League had a pretty huge impact on...
many of Athletic's players. It's common knowledge amongst Basque journalists, this. Ander will be overjoyed it happens.
I think he's an outstanding player, really one of La Liga's last remaining underrated Spanish gems. Adaptation should be...
.pretty regular for him. His most underrated feature is tenacity, and aggression. Imagine this under LvG, very exciting.

From what I read he can play that role.

Anyways who cares about whom we could sign when we are about to sign a proper CM.

If we can sign a proper holding midfielder then we are in very good position.

De Gea

Rafael Evans/Jones Smalling Shaw/Evra

Herrera Fellaini/NewCM

Januzaj Rooney Mata

RVP

That's a very good team and the one where most of the players will only improve.

Then we have Welbeck, Hernandez, Kagawa, Nani, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley for squad role. Saying that I believe Nani will be a starter if not sold.

God i hope you end up with a better back four than that.

It all depends on whether you rate the players you already have.

I for one believe Smalling, Jones and Evans are good CBs.

Not good enough to carry us through a season on their own, we need a more experienced or proven quality of some kind CB... we can't just not replace Rio with Vidic with no-one.

Evans is but squad man u CB, Jones could be but they keep ******* him about and shoud have started his CB education under Vidic and Ferd, not when they left.

Smalling, nope. Not a top 4 cb for me in any game ive ever seen him, how hes in the England squad i;ll never know.

A guy who had one decent season in the EPL is suddenly worth 100k p/w .. He isn't worth that much by any stretch of imagination. Putting it into context, you are going to make him the most expensive full-back signing in history and pay him wages that is on par with genuine superstars. ****, Azpilicueta is probably a better LB than him and still earns less despite signing a new contract.

What happens if he flops? It will be impossible to move him on. Same situation Chelsea are in with Torres. What happens if he succeeds? Everytime he signs a new contract, his wages will continue increasing from the already exorbitant number

It isn't about whether the club can afford it but the message it sends out. Going by your logic, United should just offer £30m + 100k p/w whenever they come across a player blowing competition out of the water simply because 'they can afford it so who the **** cares right?'

We employ accountants for a reason. Let them worry about the finances, I'm just happy he'll be playing for us.

I said it ages ago and I'll say it again, I really, really fail to see why people sit at home worrying about transfer fees and wages. I can guarantee you that the money men in charge are in a far better position than you and I to adjudge the transfer fees and wages they are offering.

And seriously, a Chelsea fan lecturing on wages - come off it.

Evans is but squad man u CB, Jones could be but they keep ******* him about and shoud have started his CB education under Vidic and Ferd, not when they left.

Smalling, nope. Not a top 4 cb for me in any game ive ever seen him, how hes in the England squad i;ll never know.

Smalling is a better CB than Jones... honestly any real United fan knows Chris is a real good CB who can be great... at RB he is rubbish though.. most people have judged him on this because he has played that position a lot unfortunately.

We employ accountants for a reason. Let them worry about the finances, I'm just happy he'll be playing for us.

I said it ages ago and I'll say it again, I really, really fail to see why people sit at home worrying about transfer fees and wages. I can guarantee you that the money men in charge are in a far better position than you and I to adjudge the transfer fees and wages they are offering.

And seriously, a Chelsea fan lecturing on wages - come off it.

Where did Mike go these days and what does he think about the Herrera deal? :P

Not good enough to carry us through a season on their own, we need a more experienced or proven quality of some kind CB... we can't just not replace Rio with Vidic with no-one.

They will never grow if we end up ******* thier positions all the time. Just address LB, CM issues this time and see how they cope with the roles.

Lets agree to disagree then.. :)

They will never grow if we end up ******* thier positions all the time. Just address LB, CM issues this time and see how they cope with the roles.

Lets agree to disagree then.. :)

3 CB's to get us through a season? O....K.........

With our injury record with centre backs, we should definitely be signing another.

3 CB's to get us through a season? O....K.........

Ok. You were worried about numbers? Fine I was about the quality..

we hardly play any midweek games so we should be fine with 3 CBs. Or maybe someone like Blind who can play in multiple positions. Or maybe Carrick is 2 CBs get injured..

Also it's about time to promote Michael Keane for back up role IMO.

Edit: Yeah injury records are not great for our CBs, something I ignored but quality wise I for one trust them to grown into the role.

Mike. probably barricaded himself in a bunker with truck of beer and popcorn and watches World Cup coverage 24/7.

Back