The Manchester United Thread

Still not convinced by Smalling either. He goes from looking like a world beater one game, to a Doncaster reject the next. Has potential though.

People forgetting about Michele Keane and Tom Thorpe hear both have great potential! But I think we should sign at least 1 CB does not have to be WC and experienced for me I would be just as happy with a Indi,De Vrij,Mangala type young with great potential and has already had 1st team footy.

We need one excellent and experienced CB compulsorily. Evans and Jones both tend to get injured.. a lot! Micheal Keane should ideally be promoted as a backup, and should get games. But one experienced CB will do us a lot of good.

Especially since 2 of our current 3 main CBs haven't played at CB for a year completely till date..

Last edited:
Can we all stop suggesting better alternatives to Herrara, shaw or anyone that Man Utd are interested in.

LVG knows what he wants. If he thinks Herrara and Shaw will fit in the team, they will.

Dinamo Moscow have agreed a deal for Alex Buttner fee o be between 4-7m

Hopefully this means Shaw is coming since we'd only have Evra as LB.

Buttner sold for 4-7 Million? That's fantastic business from our side.

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness · 1h

El Correo say Herrera could be financing part of the deal himself with money owed on his contract, apparently makes enforcing clause easier.

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness · 1h

Manchester United have been working for some time to make sure there are no tax issues in the purchase of Herrera.

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness · 59m

El Correo say Herrera contributing €4m from future Manchester United salary to help deal go through.

If that's true ^^^^ What a top guy, I mean.... everyone who's spoken about him says he is a big lover of football and to move to Manchester United is like a dream for him.... but to do something like that to get his move is just class I think.

Really hope he does well, he certainly has the ability and attitude to do so.

Oh and I can see why LVG wants Herrera and not Fabregas or Kroos. He obviously wants his high-energy, tackling and aggressive attributes as part of the role he sees for him.

Kroos and Fabregas just couldn't offer some of the things he can. Obviously they have other strengths which may be better than some areas of his game at the moment, but LVG obviously sees them characteristics Ander Herrera has and wants them more.

Oh and I can see why LVG wants Herrera and not Fabregas or Kroos. He obviously wants his high-energy, tackling and aggressive attributes as part of the role he sees for him.

Kroos and Fabregas just couldn't offer some of the things he can. Obviously they have other strengths which may be better than some areas of his game at the moment, but LVG obviously sees them characteristics Ander Herrera has and wants them more.

Also it would be good to see us playing 3 in the midfield even if that means Rooney dropping very deep. At least our CMs won't get outnumbered in the center.

I hope and believe it would be 4-3-3 so, Herrera, Rooney and either Carrick/Fellaini in the midfield with Rooney playing higher up.

Also it would be good to see us playing 3 in the midfield even if that means Rooney dropping very deep. At least our CMs won't get outnumbered in the center.

I hope and believe it would be 4-3-3 so, Herrera, Rooney and either Carrick/Fellaini in the midfield with Rooney playing higher up.

Yeh... would still love a Carvalho or Vidal though.. am I asking for too much? Probably.

Yeh... would still love a Carvalho or Vidal though.. am I asking for too much? Probably.

2 CMs in 1 window is overkill for us United fans isn't it? It's been so long sine we saw what a proper dynamic CM looks like.

Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 42s
Ander Herrera, agent and friends arrived into Stockport at 1:35pm BST. Clearly happy things are moving along. All en route to Carrington.

Courtois? Manuel Neur? Buffon? Perhaps Cech?

No. Not really again..

Still can't believe people rate Buffon as top 3, it's like Casillas getting voted as second or third best keeper in the world when he hardly played.

He is better than all bar Neur.

No. Not really again..

Still can't believe people rate Buffon as top 3, it's like Casillas getting voted as second or third best keeper in the world when he hardly played.

He is better than all bar Neur.

Not better than Courtois. The lad was colossal in Atletico Madrids run to the CL finals and the title win. It's the main reason why Mourinho is going to replace Cech with him despite the fact that Cech is 31 and was golden gloves winner last season. I honestly struggle to think of a GK who was better than Courtois last season bar Neur

I believe Courtois was also winner of the Zamora trophy which is given to the best GK in La Liga once or twice

Last edited:
Back