The Manchester United Thread

It proves Buffon is not among the best goal keepers.

I don't see how.

That proves that most people haven't got a clue what they talk about .

Nope. But it proves that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about beyond some You Tube compilations.

No body gave rats *** about that team till Simeone took charge. Not Courtois.

Wrong. Clearly a lot of people gave a lot of rat ***** about Courtois, which is why Chelsea bought him and loaned him to Atletico to begin with.

Last edited:
Wrong. Clearly a lot of people gave a lot of rat ***** about Courtois, which is why Chelsea bought him and loaned him to Atletico to begin with.

Chelsea buying youngsters shouldn't really be used as a comparision point in this, Chelsea like to buy every slightly promising youngster easily available..

Chelsea buying youngsters shouldn't really be used as a comparision point in this, Chelsea like to buy every slightly promising youngster easily available..

Quite a few clubs were interested in Courtois when we signed him though

lol, no matter how many mistakes Buffon makes, he is always top 3 GK..

Anyways anymore news on Herrera?

Expected to be announced this evening. Daily Mail's Ian Ladyman (very well connected) says he's already been given a tour of Carrington and had the official photographs taken. Deal is done.

Rumours doing the rounds that he'll be given the #9 shirt... Please be wrong.

I'm a squad number freak. Never give #9 to a central midfielder. It's the ultimate striker number. Hopefully either RVP or Welbeck take it this summer.

Oh right lol, would be odd to give him #9, but I'm just over the moon with finally signing him... such a talented player and a CM which is even better.

Stuart Mathieson from MEN:

"Possibly no announcement from #mufc re Herrera. But you never know probably just as I sit down to watch France."

Stuart Mathieson from MEN:

"Possibly no announcement from #mufc re Herrera. But you never know probably just as I sit down to watch France."
Can wait a bit longer LOL. Koke just signed new deal, I was sure someone would sign him!

Iñigo Markinez @imarkinez
Google translated.

In brief three related news Ander Herrera and his signing with Manchester @ ManUtd

News 1: Ander Herrera deposited on Monday LFP document with 36 million euros to disengage from the Athletic

News 2: There are problems. The LFP is studying the document because there seems to be "a technical problem". Are studying.

News 3: If everything can be solved could be presented Friday at Manchester.

So? The point is he wasn't found out in a dumpster by Simeone like half of Atletico's squad. He was spotted by a big club very early in his career. That, and 9 milion for 18-year old goalkeeper is not exactly ordinary transfer.

De Gea for me is #1 in terms of pure shot stopping and one-on-one ability. But there's a lot more to goalkeeping, and he's not up there yet. Buffon ages very gracefully because his positioning and the way he commands the backline has always been off the charts. Compare that to Casillas who was always relying on his inhuman reflexes. Once he lost it, his days on top of the world seem gone, and he's only 32.

Last edited:
"There are problems"..... jesus should of known..... Athetic Bilbao are obviously trying to string this out until Tuesday so we have to pay more.

I don't think it will be delayed till then.

Worrying bit is ManUtd offered 40 Million to Bilbao to escape all this tax thing but they rejected it apparently.

Anyways I'm sure we will sign him this time and by friday.

Back