The Manchester United Thread

According to twitter, something popped up late regarding his release clause and the Spanish authorities got involved... Perhaps United believed the release clause was lower than it was?

United had 28.8m rejected, i cant see the clause being anymore than 32m

His release clause is 36 Million and will be 40 Million from July 1st and it is confirmed by Bilbao.

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]Real Zaragoza SAD and Athletic Club have formalized their agreement concerning the transfer of the player Ander Herrera’s federation right from first to second division, to come into effect as of 1 July 2011.

With regards to the player himself the contract with Athletic Club has been formalized and will be in force from the 2011-2012 season to the 2015-2016 season both inclusive, as a professional footballer, he has a rescission clause of 36 million euros for the first three seasons and 40 million euros for the last two.

The three parties have expressed their satisfaction with the agreement reached.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

.: Athletic Club - Web Ofiziala / Web Oficial / Official Site :.

Expected to be announced this evening. Daily Mail's Ian Ladyman (very well connected) says he's already been given a tour of Carrington and had the official photographs taken. Deal is done.

Statement just released on SKy sports from Althletico - An Athletic statement read: "Athletic want to announce that they have this week rejected an offer from Manchester United, of around 36m euros (£28.85million), for the transfer of the economic and federative rights of the player Ander Herrera."

Athletic club is just playing games...

juanma velasco @ juanmavelascom 41m View translation
Athletic has today rejected the offer by Herrera. He did Tuesday. Herrera will pay part of your pass to United. And he will soon

For this they replied..

Athletic Club Verified account
@ AthleticClub
@ juanmavelascom The @ AthleticClub not say "today" anywhere in your information.

Google translated..

So they mentioned they didn't say today, just this week and we heard news that Herrera was at Carrington yesterday. It's almost done..

Lol, after this debacle, I'm not sure if we'll be going in for Iker Muniain.. That is, if we ever were interested in him// Sanchez/Shaqiri/Lucas Moura(farfetched, but crikey, I'd like to see him here) + Herrera + CB + LB should ideally finish up our transfer roundup this year.. Give Micheal Keane a proper chance, and maybe see what Ben Pearson can do in CM too (apparently he also trained with the first team last season). Powell coming back from loan would be perfect if he can be converted to a CM role.. For RB backup, we have Varela who can be given the chance//

If Woody ***** up Herrera deal again, he needs to go pronto. Its the simpliest thing in the world with them - pay the clause or GTFO.

he's paid the clause. It's Bilbao that are making the club jump through legal hoops. They did the same to Martinez and Bayern.

he's paid the clause. It's Bilbao that are making the club jump through legal hoops. They did the same to Martinez and Bayern.

What are your thoughts on getting (hopefully) Herrera? Do you see us needing a De Jong or William Carvalho this window as well to suit LVG's style?

What are your thoughts on getting (hopefully) Herrera? Do you see us needing a De Jong or William Carvalho this window as well to suit LVG's style?

Good start. Must sign a DM though. personally I would get Blind as the DM.

Good start. Must sign a DM though. personally I would get Blind as the DM.

Is he physical enough? I mean don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of what I've seen so far in Blind, which isn't that much.

But don't we need someone with that real aggressive and hard-tackling kind of nature? Blind doesn't appear to be that.

If Shaw does not go through whats peoples thoughts on Marcos Rojo? Looks a real talent and has looked good for the Argies and is available apparently.

If Shaw does not go through whats peoples thoughts on Marcos Rojo? Looks a real talent and has looked good for the Argies and is available apparently.

There is plenty of good LB's we can target, honestly we shouldn't be held to ransom for Shaw by Southampton.

Rojo as you mentioned, Blind (albeit some say he is slow, but very intelligent to make up for it), Ricardo Rodriguez, Ashley Cole... on a free as a short-term solution wouldn't be bad either... but I'd prefer much a long-term solution obviously.

There are so many good LB's that we could go after instead, the only reason he is rated at the value he is because he is good and he is English. We should have opened the bidding a lot lower than we did as it was only ever going to go up.

I would rather get a foreign player of the same ability for a lower price if Southampton are going to be hard to deal with. 32m for a left back is outrageous.

Is he physical enough? I mean don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of what I've seen so far in Blind, which isn't that much.

But don't we need someone with that real aggressive and hard-tackling kind of nature? Blind doesn't appear to be that.

Ask Sanchez. Blinded fouled him 7 times.

Think more Hardgreaves, than De Jong, but is decent there.. more snappy yorkshire terrier than bulldog.

There is plenty of good LB's we can target, honestly we shouldn't be held to ransom for Shaw by Southampton.

Rojo as you mentioned, Blind (albeit some say he is slow, but very intelligent to make up for it), Ricardo Rodriguez, Ashley Cole... on a free as a short-term solution wouldn't be bad either... but I'd prefer much a long-term solution obviously.
Yep wold be happy with Rojo or Rodriguez, still not convinced on Blind he is a DM converted to a LB by LVG an still makes silly mistakes and lacks recovery pace when forward. No thanks to Cole we already have an aging Evra plus Cole would want stupid wages.

Back