The Manchester United Thread

I don't think it will be delayed till then.

Worrying bit is ManUtd offered 40 Million to Bilbao to escape all this tax thing but they rejected it apparently.

Anyways I'm sure we will sign him this time and by friday.

Bilbao are a **** of a club to get players from... honestly... it could get messy.

Bilbao are a **** of a club to get players from... honestly... it could get messy.

They have simple policy. Dont negotiate, just pay the buy out clause. They have small pool to pick players from though. Not sure if still it is the case.

They have simple policy. Dont negotiate, just pay the buy out clause. They have small pool to pick players from though. Not sure if still it is the case.

It is indeed still the case. They cannot - or at least they refuse to - purchase any player that does not hold Basque citizenship. I think that this is waived if the player is under the age of 16, as it can be acquired within two or so years in Spain. But they do have a small pool of players to choose from and an even smaller reach for players that would improve them season-on-season.

If Woody ***** up Herrera deal again, he needs to go pronto. Its the simpliest thing in the world with them - pay the clause or GTFO.

Herrera is a good buy, yet I still feel we will be missing that defensive player in our arsenal with carrick aging. :/ not sure on this, think we need another midfield signing if we want to compete for the title this season.

Yeh but the process to active the release clause and get the player is still very technical, Athletic won't be helping the matters on their side knowing that his release clause goes up after Monday.

Hopefully the technicality can be sorted and it just goes through.

United bid of 28.8million rejected by Athletic. Seems it wasn't his release clause after all

Like zzeezzy said, Athletic one of the hardest clubs to buy players from due to the lack of replacements and general resentment of the fans towards players that leave

Lol, this is weird now. He is in Carrington and deal was supposed to be done and now we have bid rejected.

What is the release clause.. I thought it was near that? Wtf has Woody done... Oh my god... Herrera you poor guy.

United bid of 28.8million rejected by Athletic. Seems it wasn't his release clause after all

Like zzeezzy said, Athletic one of the hardest clubs to buy players from due to the lack of replacements and general resentment of the fans towards players that leave

What I genuinely don't get is... why has Herrera travelled over here if there is no set deal in place... very odd and to be honest a monumental **** up from someone if this is the case.

What I genuinely don't get is... why has Herrera travelled over here if there is no set deal in place... very odd and to be honest a monumental **** up from someone if this is the case.

According to twitter, something popped up late regarding his release clause and the Spanish authorities got involved... Perhaps United believed the release clause was lower than it was?

United had 28.8m rejected, i cant see the clause being anymore than 32m

It was his RC, however club can reject it. Then player has to buy out his contract for the same amount + taxes ( if I'm not mistaken, around 40% is the tax).

If Woody ***** up Herrera deal again, he needs to go pronto. Its the simpliest thing in the world with them - pay the clause or GTFO.
It's never simple with them. United did match his release clause, they have rejected it. United even offered 40 million just for deal to go smoother, they didn't want to hear about it. They simply want to send message, if you want our player, you have to play full price, RC + tax. So it will be 36m + tax if United wants Herrera.

It was his RC, however club can reject it. Then player has to buy out his contract for the same amount + taxes ( if I'm not mistaken, around 40% is the tax).

It's never simple with them. United did match his release clause, they have rejected it. United even offered 40 million just for deal to go smoother, they didn't want to hear about it. They simply want to send message, if you want our player, you have to play full price, RC + tax. So it will be 36m + tax if United wants Herrera.

So basically, a release clause is not a release clause now then? Im guessing the same thing happened with Suarez last year when John Henry said the RC was met but he decided to reject it?

I thought Herrera was paying the tax to make it go through? God this is ******* confusing and Athletic Bilbao... true **** of a club. They would rather have less money with tax than more money just for them.

So basically, a release clause is not a release clause now then? Im guessing the same thing happened with Suarez last year when John Henry said the RC was met but he decided to reject it?

Release clause is a release clause but the selling club can reject it. In that case player should deposit money (release clause) to LFP to buy out his contract. This was posted year back and this applies for foreign clubs I guess.

This explains the tweets I posted here yesterday.

Maybe to avoid taxes MU negotiated with Athletic but they rejected it, so we are going release clause route.

Iñigo Markinez @imarkinez

Quote:
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]Google translated.

In brief three related news Ander Herrera and his signing with Manchester @ ManUtd

News 1: Ander Herrera deposited on Monday LFP document with 36 million euros to disengage from the Athletic

News 2: There are problems. The LFP is studying the document because there seems to be "a technical problem". Are studying.

News 3: If everything can be solved could be presented Friday at Manchester.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Don't know how it works in England, but I suppose Liverpool didn't technically rejected the clause, Suarez rejected Arsenal. But that's pure speculation, because I know nothing about your laws. However, in Spain clubs can reject RC offers. Teams usually offer more so selling club accept it and buying club doesn't have to pay hefty tax, but that's not the case with Bilbao. They don't want to sell their players, no matter how much you offer them. Pay the clause and taxes if you want player. Javi Martinez's RC was around 40m + taxes. So it was more than 50m, taking in euros.

What is the release clause.. I thought it was near that? Wtf has Woody done... Oh my god... Herrera you poor guy.

I wouldn't hang your hopes up too much on finding any solid release clause, probably just have to keep firing off bids until they're willing to accept one.

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness · 4m
Would assume that Athletic rejecting the offer means they're forcing it down clause way. So they can say it was against their wishes. (1/2)

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness · 3m
With clause at €36m wouldn't be odd for Manchester United to bid €36m first rather than enforce clause. Would have been quicker. (2/2)

@Sport_Witness That's spot on. They also want to keep all of the money and avoid paying the 4% to Zaragoza, so man utd might need to pay it.

I'm sure this transfer will happen.

Back