The Manchester United Thread

Good start. Must sign a DM though. personally I would get Blind as the DM.

I know he's not a typical DM but we should be going for the best and the best is obviously ARTURO VIDAL. Especially bearing in mind that ANDER is two steps below other supposed targets of ours such as KROOS.

Rather than throwing all that money at a 19 yo lb we could get somebody equally as good if not better (Rodriguez springs to mind) for less and make a huge offer for VIDAL.

still not convinced on Blind he is a DM converted to a LB by LVG

Not really... In the youth he played at centre midfield or defense, once he got to the senior squads he'd play right back at Groningen and Left back at Ajax. When Vertonghen left Ajax Blind was seen as his replacement for centre back but he wasn't ready for that yet, so he was put back to left back. This season Blind was put DM around half season and his second match as DM was against Barcelona which he did pretty decent. So I'd rather say he's converted to a DM rather than the opposite.

Sorry for the double post but the forum is not allowing me to edit as per usual.

We also need a class cb pronto. Yes Michael Keane has potential but we need someone with class cos Im not yet convinced by Smalling/Jones. Mike likes BENATIA and hes quite good so we should be pressing for him, esp since for some reason we are not after MANGALA - and please dont tell me that MANGALA has potential and is similar to KEANE as somebody in this thread has alluded to; he's young but development wise he's miles ahead KEANE being a starter at PORTO and in the FRANCE squad already.

You could do a lot worse then De Jong to be fair. Think some may be underrating his passing, he has the ability to knock some cracking long balls around the park which does seem to go unnoticed as he is seen by some as a pure tackling player.

Anyway, I'm a Milan fan so I'd rather keep him ;)

One down, a lot more to go.

I am very, very happy with this signing.

Onto the next:) Will be interesting really coz before Herrera was announced I had no clue we were still after him. Wonder who else LVG and Woody will supprise us with :)

Back