The Manchester United Thread

Sky Sports, Press Association and BBC all confirming now that Luke Shaw is due for a medical with Manchester United after the two clubs agreed a fee.

Kevin Palmer (who has been ahead of everyone on this deal since January) says Luke Shaw medical is tonight!

Kevin Palmer (who has been ahead of everyone on this deal since January) says Luke Shaw medical is tonight!
Can we have some links please mate? You will have to stop all this good news coz im getting serious man crush LOL.

Did y'all sign Messi or something?

Yeah, we tried but he rejected us as we don't CL to offer.

On the other hand Ander Herrera joined us even though he could have played CL with a Basque club and IIRC in the new stadium. So still hanging on to the "CL thing"?

Also on other good news reports saying LVG wants Nicky **** to continue with academy set up. Things just getting better so far this summer.

John Percy (Telegraph): "#MUFC increasingly confident of striking a deal within 24 hours and Shaw could put finishing touches on move before weekend."

**** Woody aint hanging around will be done transfer wise at this rate by next week, defo not taking any prisoners this time :)

Daily Mail saying the medical is tonight, not tomorrow.
Sky Sports say the medical is tomorrow morning.

Yeah, we tried but he rejected us as we don't CL to offer.

On the other hand Ander Herrera joined us even though he could have played CL with a Basque club and IIRC in the new stadium. So still hanging on to the "CL thing"?

I was never operating under a 'ceteris paribus' assumption when it came to CL so stop straw manning. I merely said it will definitely be a factor in any players move which it will be. How big of a factor depends on the player/selling club etc.

Daily Mail saying the medical is tonight, not tomorrow.
Sky Sports say the medical is tomorrow morning.
Tbh I had bad feeling about this one going through due to there asking price and us willing to meet it. So happy its going ahead now though.

Crazy money for an 18 year old full back, fair enough though.

Transfer fee is justifiable if he does well which he should do. His wages a bit of a worry as they are only going to increase from this point onwards and they are probably already at a a exorbitant level. Nonetheless, Shaw is a player with a huge ceiling. Shame Chelsea decided to pull out of the race for him in the end but I can see why

I was never operating under a 'ceteris paribus' assumption when it came to CL so stop straw manning. I merely said it will definitely be a factor in any players move which it will be. How big of a factor depends on the player/selling club etc.

Uniteds brand was always big enough to cover a season out of the CL for any player they went fr. LVG sealed the deal for pretty much any player in the world barring the Top 5.

Even as a City fan i knew this was always the case.

Uniteds brand was always big enough to cover a season out of the CL for any player they went fr. LVG sealed the deal for pretty much any player in the world barring the Top 5.

Even as a City fan i knew this was always the case.

Never said it wasn't mate but you also have to realise that for the two players they have just signed, they barely had any competition. If some of the big CL clubs like Chelsea, City, Madrid or Barcelona start competing with them for players then obviously CL will become a factor. Again how big of a factor it will be depends .... But nobody can claim it won't be one

Crazy money for an 18 year old full back, fair enough though.

It is a lot of money, but if it's a 27m base fee with it rising due to trophies/ x amount of appearences... I genuinely think that's a good bit of business, considering how good this lad can be. Just the wages I'm curious about.

It is a lot of money, but if it's a 27m base fee with it rising due to trophies/ x amount of appearences... I genuinely think that's a good bit of business, considering how good this lad can be. Just the wages I'm curious about.

20-24 base would have been better but I can hardly complain when it's not the club I support. Bit of a gamble but one that's fairly safe, his wages like you said though could be the big thing. If he's on a pretty large amount now it's not ideal.

Back