The Manchester United Thread

No, just saying that your story sounds very unreliable. Firstly you have no proper source. Secondly you claim that United beat literally every major club in the world to the signing of Kroos and somehow did it before the transfer window even began. Your justification for this was the Moyes was seen with Kroos agent despite the fact that managers are seen with agents all the time and it hardly ever means much. Then you go on to claim that after all this hard work, you rejected one of the best if not the best young player in the world because a manager didn't want him despite the fact that 99% of managers would love to have a player of Kroos talent in their team

He's hardly best young player in the world... he's a good player but honestly nothing more yet.

LVG doesn't care about names or reputations, he wants players who can work with and who fit into his system. Ander Herrera offers things Kroos doesn't, high-energy, aggression and surpisingly good at tackling. Just to name a few.

I didn't quote a source, I quoted Moyes who had them quotes put over a variety of sources so we can say they are accurate. A lot of the ground-work was done before anyone else probably realised he was unhappy with his contract situation.

Lets move on now, Kroos is gone and past, so we believe.

Not saying that you can't have signed Kroos but it would likely be a transfer saga that will play out the whole summer. Literally every club in he world will be after him if he decides to leave

Telegraph reported at the time that LVG decided against the transfer as he'd managed him previously and wanted someone more dynamic. Same reason he decided against going back in for Fabregas.

Jim White (Sky Sports) says Luke Shaw deal will be announced tomorrow.

EDIT: Link to Telegraph story about us deciding against Kroos, proving he didn't reject us. Manchester United end their interest in Toni Kroos - Telegraph

Last edited:
Telegraph reported at the time that LVG decided against the transfer as he'd managed him previously and wanted someone more dynamic. Same reason he decided against going back in for Fabregas.

Finally, someone backing me up, which would explain Herrera over Kroos.

He's hardly best young player in the world... he's a good player but honestly nothing more yet.

LVG doesn't care about names or reputations, he wants players who can work with and who fit into his system. Ander Herrera offers things Kroos doesn't, high-energy, aggression and surpisingly good at tackling. Just to name a few.

I didn't quote a source, I quoted Moyes who had them quotes put over a variety of sources so we can say they are accurate. A lot of the ground-work was done before anyone else probably realised he was unhappy with his contract situation.

Lets move on now, Kroos is gone and past, so we believe.

That first statement betrays your ignorance. Kroos is a world-class player. Calling him 'good' is a huge insult to his ability. Yes you quoted Moyes but as I already pointed out, he probably was busy laying the groundwork for a lot of other deals. Doesn't mean they were near certainties to sign. As I already pointed out, if Kroos was really available then a host of major clubs would have been after him and it would be the transfer saga of the summer

Even if descended into hypotheticals where LVG 'apparently' rejected Kroos, yes I am pretty sure LVG doesn't care for names or reputation. But he does care for ability. Kroos has bucket loads of it and a player like him doesn't come down everyday. Hard to believe a manager would reject the chance to have someone like him in the team if he could afford it

EDIT: Link to Telegraph story about us deciding against Kroos, proving he didn't reject us. Manchester United end their interest in Toni Kroos - Telegraph

That article merely says you ended your interest in Kroos. Not that you had him all signed up and then rejected him as zzeezy claims

That article merely says you ended your interest in Kroos. Not that you had him all signed up and then rejected him as zzeezy claims

Didn't say we had him all signed up, I said Moyes had it pretty much done and put a lot of groundwork into it.

That first statement betrays your ignorance. Kroos is a world-class player. Calling him 'good' is a huge insult to his ability. Yes you quoted Moyes but as I already pointed out, he probably was busy laying the groundwork for a lot of other deals. Doesn't mean they were near certainties to sign. As I already pointed out, if Kroos was really available then a host of major clubs would have been after him and it would be the transfer saga of the summer

Even if descended into hypotheticals where LVG 'apparently' rejected Kroos, yes I am pretty sure LVG doesn't care for names or reputation. But he does care for ability. Kroos has bucket loads of it and a player like him doesn't come down everyday. Hard to believe a manager would reject the chance to have someone like him in the team if he could afford it

Loads of top clubs are after him and it is a saga that will probably last the summer?

Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Monaco, Juventus all after him and Bayern still trying to offer him a new deal. If he doesn't fit a system though, there's no point going after him.

I thought all this was common knowledge anyway. Seems to me you're just looking for an argument tbh.

Loads of top clubs are after him and it is a saga that will probably last the summer?

Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Monaco, Juventus all after him and Bayern still trying to offer him a new deal. If he doesn't fit a system though, there's no point going after him.

I thought all this was common knowledge anyway. Seems to me you're just looking for an argument tbh.

No I am not. I just find it very arrogant of zzeezy to claim that Kroos would definitely have been a United player already but isnt because LVG rejected him for whatever reason

No I am not. I just find it very arrogant of zzeezy to claim that Kroos would definitely have been a United player already but isnt because LVG rejected him for whatever reason

Not being arrogant, just stating from stuff I've read... honestly did you not read them Moyes quotes? He was pretty much certain Kroos would of been a United player... how can I give anything more then that?

I was never operating under a 'ceteris paribus' assumption when it came to CL so stop straw manning. I merely said it will definitely be a factor in any players move which it will be. How big of a factor depends on the player/selling club etc.

QPR%20moving%20the%20goalposts.png

ManUtd won't sign Mata for sure... Signed Mata
ManUtd can't attract quality players because of lack of CL... signed player who could have played in CL with Basque club.
ManUtd can't sign Shaw as he is Chelsea fan and they have Jose... He is having medical at ManUtd.

Please tell us we can't sign Vidal..

Adam Crafton says Luke Shaw is already in Manchester and will be given a tour of Old Trafford/Carrington ahead of medical and announcement tomorrow. Defender will go on holiday after that.

Expecting the announcement tomorrow then... Excellent.

Adam Crafton says Luke Shaw is already in Manchester and will be given a tour of Old Trafford/Carrington ahead of medical and announcement tomorrow. Defender will go on holiday after that.

Expecting the announcement tomorrow then... Excellent.
Keep it coming mate! :)

BBC Breaking News: Hurricane Butthurt detected around Stamford Bridge.

ManUtd can't attract quality players because of lack of CL... signed player who could have played in CL with Basque club.
ManUtd can't sign Shaw as he is Chelsea fan and they have Jose... He is having medical at ManUtd.

Please tell us we can't sign Vidal..

Vidal is a massivly different prospect to signing 3 players no one else bid for.

Well you're making it sound like it was a done deal regardless of whether Moyes was still the manager or if LVG was here.

To be fair, you made it sound like that. Not me. Read your previous quotes

Please tell us we can't sign Vidal..[/QUOTE

Lovely straw manning ... Keep it coming. Not even going to bother to debate with you

Back