The Manchester United Thread

Shaw attracted interest from at least Chelsea, that we know of, but we still got him... so what's the point?

Point is the same as always. United faced very little competition for the players they have signed. That won't be the case with Kroos or Vidal or Pogba as you like to believe with all the groundwork that Moyes apparently laid out making them sure signings

Point is the same as always. United faced very little competition for the players they have signed. That won't be the case with Kroos or Vidal or Pogba as you like to believe with all the groundwork that Moyes apparently laid out making them sure signings

Ok... so if we did face little competition for both signings... the point is being?

Shaw attracted interest from at least Chelsea, that we know of, but we still got him... so what's the point?

If Chelsea actually wanted him, theyd have at least talked to him, asked permission or made a bid, they did none. You won a bidding war of one. Top level players liek Vidal are an entirely different prospect. You'd be up against bigger clubs with CL to offer. As is, you've paid over the odds (due to Englishness, an higher wages than he should be, prob agent **** to tbf, but still 100k a week. jesus).

Point is Sunvlk seems to think Vidal to United will be as drama free or easy for some reason.

If Chelsea actually wanted him, theyd have at least talked to him, asked permission or made a bid, they did none. You won a bidding war of one. Top level players liek Vidal are an entirely different prospect. You'd be up against bigger clubs with CL to offer. As is, you've paid over the odds (due to Englishness, an higher wages than he should be, prob agent **** to tbf, but still 100k a week. jesus).

Point is Sunvlk seems to think Vidal to United will be as drama free or easy for some reason.

Oh god... back to the speculative wages... despite the only reliable people connected to United saying it's 60k.

Moyes was spotted with Pogba and Vidal's agent as well. Put a lot of groundwork into signing them as well. Attended matches and everything. Were they near certainties as well?

Signing Shaw is one thing. Signing a player the calibre of Kroos is completely another. Saying that you had him all signed up but then rejected him is even more stupid

Not saying that you can't have signed Kroos but it would likely be a transfer saga that will play out the whole summer. Literally every club in he world will be after him if he decides to leave

As per German paper Kroos was set to sign for ManUtd for 20 Million, because of LVG we pulled out. Now he is linked with Barca for the same 20 Million.

In the same way you guys say that "we would face competition from other teams for top players", who's to say we wouldn't get them anyway?

We got Mata and he was wanted by PSG/Bayern reportedly.

At the end of the day you don't know until it's happened. Obvs though, impossible to sign world class players when you're not in the CL. Obvs...

View attachment 366215

I will ask very politely, please point out the post where I said we have realistic chance of signing Vidal?

Incase you missed, it was teasing post and it was plain for all to see.

I never said it would, just it wouldnt be as easy as you implied it would based on Herrera and Shaw,

Hey have some respect we paid them bucket (a big **** off holy **** thats a big bucket!) load of cash and free mancini hug.. :)

and we were in Europe that season.. :)

Back to the real question : You expecting a'name' now for CB and BWM or a out of left field transfer as Herrera was (ie rumoured monday, signed friday kinda deal).

Last edited:
Anyway, Januzaj is having a good game. Great composure.

And Fellaini.. he's ****** everywhere. Really impressed with the big fella at this WC, we need to utilise him better... something LVG is capable of doing.

Back to the real question : You expecting a'name' now for CB and BWM or a out of left field transfer as Herrera was (ie rumoured monday, signed friday kinda deal).

Your guess is as good as ours, probably LVG will want Mats Hummels for CB I'm assuming. Few reports for Nigel De Jong as well.

I'm off playing FIFA. I'm pumped now, Januzaj is 87 in my game ^^)

Back