The Manchester United Thread

The only way I can see Fellaini fitting in is as a holding CM, LVG wont play him as a #10

Nah, Mata, Rooney, Kagwa, Herrera & Janazi are all better in the #10 role. Just go the whole hog and retrain him as Target Man or CB.

Does anyone know if Ander Herrera speaks English already? Random question I know.

Rio Ferdinand ✔ @rioferdy5
Follow
Congratulations to @anderherrera8 on joining a great club. It's where dreams are made into reality if you work hard. You will @ManUtd

He really loves ManUtd, isn't it..

Point is the same as always. United faced very little competition for the players they have signed. That won't be the case with Kroos or Vidal or Pogba as you like to believe with all the groundwork that Moyes apparently laid out making them sure signings

United could have Pogba if they were willing to pay the £60m that Juve wanted. Both Ogden and Taylor said that LVG specifically pulled from the Kroos deal, and reignited the Herrera one. And we were the first club to reject moving for Fabregas, who was open to a move to United.

United have had an awful year, but people who think the pull has suddenly died, think again.

My conviction that we ll win the EPL is not based on the fact that we signed Ander. Far from it actually when it comes to him ...

Utd's target should be getting back in that top 4 next season, anything else is a bonus. With your current back 4 its not good enough to win a league title.

Shaw attracted interest from at least Chelsea, that we know of, but we still got him... so what's the point?

Chelsea didn't want to pay that sort of money for someone who is more a risk than Luis who is in his prime.

In the same way you guys say that "we would face competition from other teams for top players", who's to say we wouldn't get them anyway?

We got Mata and he was wanted by PSG/Bayern reportedly.

At the end of the day you don't know until it's happened. Obvs though, impossible to sign world class players when you're not in the CL. Obvs...

View attachment 621508

Man Utd were the only side who were willing to pay that crazy sort of money for him, same for Luiz and PSG other sides wanted him but they were willing to pay over the top. And at that time Mata really wanted to stay in the country so that helped Utd.

The only way I can see Fellaini fitting in is as a holding CM, LVG wont play him as a #10

The amount of times i have said he is a #10 or just off the front man! If you cannot fit him in there then cash in on him.

United could have Pogba if they were willing to pay the £60m that Juve wanted. Both Ogden and Taylor said that LVG specifically pulled from the Kroos deal, and reignited the Herrera one. And we were the first club to reject moving for Fabregas, who was open to a move to United.

United have had an awful year, but people who think the pull has suddenly died, think again.

I'd take issue with the Fabregas thing as its all talk but Arsenal had first option which they turned down but his heart is in London so Chelsea were always second choice for him which is what i heard. I wholeheartedly agree on your last point. I am in a few Chelsea groups on Facebook and even some of my mates were saying last season "Utd are finished, who will want to join them" and i said just wait and see, Utd will sign some top players this summer.

Its good Utd have actually struck early this window although i do believe they have over paid for both players at least they are spending the money unlike Spreadsheet F.C (work that one out yourself). Not seen too much of Herrera but from what i hear he's playing style is a tad like Mata but is far more versatile than him. If that is the case i'd say cash in on Mata get the money back for one of the lads you just signed. On Shaw obviously for a sentimental point it would have been nice to see him play for Chelsea but as soon as i head Saints wanted up of 30million for him i was put off. There is no doubt he has potential but potential doesn't always guarantee a top player. Even so Chelsea right now need someone who is in their prime who can come in and be less of a risk than a 19 year old. Taking 0 away from Shaw and Utd though, its an excellent deal for both parties. Before todays events in Utd's signing and Suarez's ban i said i believed Liverpool would fall back out the top 4 next season to Utd anyway and today's events just cements my views.

I'd take issue with the Fabregas thing as its all talk but Arsenal had first option which they turned down but his heart is in London so Chelsea were always second choice for him which is what i heard.

Absolutely. My sources say Fabregas would spend his nights dreaming to work with manager who poked his previous manager in the eye.

Absolutely. My sources say Fabregas would spend his nights dreaming to work with manager who poked his previous manager in the eye.

Or as someone else might put it "a winner". You really think Fabregas lost sleep over than incident?

Yeah well of course, £60m is. Pretty crazy price to pay for Pogba so I am not surprised Juventus are willing to sell if such an offer comes in. I also never every disputed the fact that United had an interest in Kroos but zzeezy gave me the impression that he believed United had Kroos all signed up and then LVG rejected him. In short, Kroos would have been a United player already if not for LVG. Jumping the gun a little bit

First club to reject moving for Fabregas? I am 100% sure that would have been Arsenal instead

Never said the pull has died mate. But fact is fact. Getting someone like Vidal, Pogba or Kroos is a completely different proposition to getting someone like Shaw so I just find it annoying when people claim that they would have signed already if not for so and so

Ok... so if we did face little competition for both signings... the point is being?

That your whole deluded idea that Kroos/Vidal/Pogba would already have been at United if beloved LVG wanted it is mistaken

Oh god... back to the speculative wages... despite the only reliable people connected to United saying it's 60k.

We can go at this all day if you want mate. You just refuse to listen to logic and want to keep believing what you want by appealing to authority (these supposed reliable people connected to United). I have mentioned it a million times ... One of the main reasons you didn't have any competition for Shaw is because of the lucrative contract package you offered him which scared off everyone else. Stop getting so defensive about it because their is nothing wrong with using finance as a weapon

Its good Utd have actually struck early this window although i do believe they have over paid for both players at least they are spending the money unlike Spreadsheet F.C (work that one out yourself). Not seen too much of Herrera but from what i hear he's playing style is a tad like Mata but is far more versatile than him. If that is the case i'd say cash in on Mata get the money back for one of the lads you just signed. On Shaw obviously for a sentimental point it would have been nice to see him play for Chelsea but as soon as i head Saints wanted up of 30million for him i was put off. There is no doubt he has potential but potential doesn't always guarantee a top player. Even so Chelsea right now need someone who is in their prime who can come in and be less of a risk than a 19 year old. Taking 0 away from Shaw and Utd though, its an excellent deal for both parties. Before todays events in Utd's signing and Suarez's ban i said i believed Liverpool would fall back out the top 4 next season to Utd anyway and today's events just cements my views.

United will probably be back at the top next season, but I believe Arsenal will be the one that's left out. For a while now they have become a club that just likes to brag about the cash they have to spend with each transfer window, and they always end up getting out of contract players or bargains. IMO if Arsenal really want to be back in business when it comes to the title, they need a break like Liverpool had. That should wake them up.

Next season we will have 7 top teams (including Tottenham and Everton) fighting for the top 4. Can't wait.

One last thing: great signings by Utd so far. It just shows the ambition at this club, they won't be the laughing stock of the Premier League one more season.

We can go at this all day if you want mate. You just refuse to listen to logic and want to keep believing what you want by appealing to authority (these supposed reliable people connected to United). I have mentioned it a million times ... One of the main reasons you didn't have any competition for Shaw is because of the lucrative contract package you offered him which scared off everyone else. Stop getting so defensive about it because their is nothing wrong with using finance as a weapon

You asked Zzzzeeezzzyyy to back up his point that we could have signed Kroos with valid source and then you come up with point like "think logically" when I have already given you all the links about how media works on wages part and how you failed to provide any links for Chelsea's interest and whether they were ready to meet Southampton's valuation.

Back