The Manchester United Thread

And yet. United could reasonably had 2 of them. What you think anyone isnt is going to have to pay £60m for Pogba?

United took themselves out of the running, then Arsenal rejected contact (thats when Wenger spoke to him)

No it's an absurd amount of money to pay. I am pretty sure if Chelsea decided to bid £80m for Suarez tomorrow, they can have him too. It gets even more baffling when you consider that Pogba will only have one year left on his contract next summer. So yes, if you decide to bid extreme amounts for players then you probably can get them regardless of other factors

That just sounds ureliable to me. Considering that Arsenal had first option on him, I am pretty sure Barcelona would have contacted them first. You make it sound like you could easily have gotten Fabregaa/Pogba/Kroos/Vidal and a whole host of other players easily but rejected them all for the world-beater Ander Herrera

BrFFxQyCEAE5j0d.jpg

Utd's target should be getting back in that top 4 next season, anything else is a bonus. With your current back 4 its not good enough to win a league title.

A lot of people seem to think this but:

1. I think that our roster in general is MUCH better than the 7th position we finished last season (imho only ****** and Chelsea have better ROSTERS).
2. Its almost certain we ll reinforce generally incl the back four anyway.
3. We wont be in Europe so we will have less matches and can concentrate on E

Except it does. United are constantly near the top of the 5 leagues in Europe when comes to young players. Only a fool picks out an exception and uses it as the rule. Awful point to make

Wasn't even comparing Chelsea and United in that regard because it makes no sense in the case of Shaw. Shaw will immediately step into Chelsea first-team and won't have to wait. If we were having the discussion of a young player who is not quite ready for the first-team then I'll readily admit that United would be a better option than Chelsea in the sense that they will likely give him more opportunities to shine

Yeah but with Hazard being a forgeigner surely the traditional/historical clubs to him would be the clubs from his childhood, not another country? For families and people the 'big team' at the time is always a rotating influence, was liverpool, was united, with the age Hazard is when he started paying attention to the prem could have been 04/05 05/06 when he was 16/17 so the big club was Chelsea, back to back winners?

not that i dont think hes a money grabbing git, using chelsea and a madrid stepping stone, just playing devils advocate, :)

Maybe. Maybe not. Don't really care either way tbh. Just saying that there are a multitude of factors involved in any move and discounting any if them (CL included) just isn't fair

And yet. United could reasonably had 2 of them. What you think anyone isnt is going to have to pay £60m for Pogba?

United took themselves out of the running, then Arsenal rejected contact (thats when Wenger spoke to him)

Huh? So United took themselves out of a race that didnt exist? He was contractual obligated to be offered back to Arsenal first, what United said before Arsenal made no difference to anything. At that point they had 0% choice of picking him up, only when arsenal refused to take up the option did other offers come into play.

We dont want to sign a player we know we cant, and even if he does we still dont. but we used too..

How is he a money grabbing git? He chose Chelsea because we could give him the most playing time. If he was truly a money grabber, he would have gone to City and accepted more competition.

As for the stepping stone aspect, who cares? I remember saying at the time, it's a win win situation for us.

Apparently Chelsea paid his agent the most although I struggle to see the logic behind him choosing a club because it best suits his agent ...

No it's an absurd amount of money to pay. I am pretty sure if Chelsea decided to bid £80m for Suarez tomorrow, they can have him too. It gets even more baffling when you consider that Pogba will only have one year left on his contract next summer. So yes, if you decide to bid extreme amounts for players then you probably can get them regardless of other factors

That just sounds ureliable to me. Considering that Arsenal had first option on him, I am pretty sure Barcelona would have contacted them first. You make it sound like you could easily have gotten Fabregaa/Pogba/Kroos/Vidal and a whole host of other players easily but rejected them all for the world-beater Ander Herrera

Unreliable except for the journalists and then (Fabregas confirming it) Barcelona contacted all 4 clubs at one. It makes no difference for Arsenal because a first option means that they are given the chance to match anyone's bid anyway. So there was no rush.

No I didn't, I pointed out the current states. How you decide to hear it is on you.

Huh? So United took themselves out of a race that didnt exist? He was contractual obligated to be offered back to Arsenal first, what United said before Arsenal made no difference to anything. At that point they had 0% choice of picking him up, only when arsenal refused to take up the option did other offers come into play.

We dont want to sign a player we know we cant, and even if he does we still dont. but we used too..

United didnt want him. He was open to a move to United if he didnt move to Arsenal. Its not rocket science.

Did Matic want to leave or did manager sell him?

Oh, btw, this is Manchester United. Globally most followed club on almost every continent. It has biggest value on the market, biggest brand in sports world, even more than NYY or LAL. United's 100% stock value is expected to be worth more than 5 billions. 5.000.000.000 in numbers. You can buy my whole country for that money. Funny, that's only 1% and 3.33% how much America and Russia spends on weapons on yearly base. That has nothing to do with United, but it's a cool fact.
So imagine how much money can United offer for wages? It's not just pure money from the club, it's the sponsors and all other ****.
And even even without money factor, it's still Manchester ******* United, one of the biggest and most successful clubs in history. If United seriously want a player, there's a big chance he'll get him. Only way United lost Lucas and Hazard is because SAF didn't want to pay hefty agent fee. He was right and wrong. Agents are getting to much money, but that's the time we're living at. United needs to adopt, just like it did 20 years ago.
People forget that United was 'first' in England to spend enormous money to get players. You can argue it's Uniteds money, but still, spending big was never the problem. That's why I don't get United fans who slate Chelsea and City for their money. I like how both of those clubs are projects, they are not play toys, they never were. However, they will almost certain always be second choice to United when comes to players, if the given money is around the same. Accept that, just like I accept that what Real wants, Real gets. It's simple as that, lifestyle in Spain is amazing, only blind love for United would stop someone from moving there. Especially when you get older and want to start a family.

/pointless self-discussion over

Just on the basis of this post mate I would have asked you to marry me if I were a woman or gay. Alas I am not but ...

Unreliable except for the journalists and then (Fabregas confirming it) Barcelona contacted all 4 clubs at one. It makes no difference for Arsenal because a first option means that they are given the chance to match anyone's bid anyway. So there was no rush.

No I didn't, I pointed out the current states. How you decide to hear it is on you.

No you said that Barcelona contacted United then United pulled out. Kinda implying that he is only at Chelsea because LVG rejected him or otherwise he would have been a United player now. Same way zzeezy was saying that Moyes had Kroos all wrapped up and he would have been a United player now except LVG rejected him

A lot of people seem to think this but:

1. I think that our roster in general is MUCH better than the 7th position we finished last season (imho only ****** and Chelsea have better ROSTERS).
2. Its almost certain we ll reinforce generally incl the back four anyway.
3. We wont be in Europe so we will have less matches and can concentrate on E

You lose 2 cool points for using roster :)

I dont get the European thing as a bonus, not yourself, but most fans are calling for new players 2 CM, 1 CB and a LB (on average) as well as the possibility of Powell, Keane, Lawrence, Thorpe all being given playing time this year, surely the Europa would have come in handy with team gelling and playing time, any manager knows players, youth or otherwise, get better faster in match situations? What better to give them in the Europa, if the team is focused on Top 4 in the EPL, better to, risk is the wrong word, but you know what I mean in the still competative but less important competiton that Europa league would give?

Only 2-3 fixtures (depending on the draw) would be against prem teams in the FA or league? I'd prefer to be in for the new blooding aspect of the signings and youth myself. Did us great in the 2 seasons or so before we made Top4.

No you said that Barcelona contacted United then United pulled out. Kinda implying that he is only at Chelsea because LVG rejected him or otherwise he would have been a United player now. Same way zzeezy was saying that Moyes had Kroos all wrapped up and he would have been a United player now except LVG rejected him

No No I didnt. I said United pulled out first. Those were my words. I didnt imply anything. You pulling something when it isnt there isnt my problem

United didnt want him. He was open to a move to United if he didnt move to Arsenal. Its not rocket science.

Yes, just sounds daft, we coudnt have him, but didnt anyway lol. United should have though, depending what Chelsea are paying per week of course.

No No I didnt. I said United pulled out first. Those were my words. I didnt imply anything. You pulling something when it isnt there isnt my problem

What's your point then? I only entered the debate because zzeezy said something along the lines of 'Kroos would have been a United player if LVG had not rejected him' which just struck me as slightly absurd

Yes, just sounds daft, we coudnt have him, but didnt anyway lol. United should have though, depending what Chelsea are paying per week of course.

Except they could have him. Herrera might not be a better player, but he'd a better fit.

You guys are fighting over something utterly ridiculous. Stop it, it's annoying, you are not kids for god sake!

What's your point then? I only entered the debate because zzeezy said something along the lines of 'Kroos would have been a United player if LVG had not rejected him' which just struck me as slightly absurd

But he's roughly right though. You deciding its absurd, doesn't make it so. by all account it wasn't all wrapped up but very advanced and well ahead of anyone else. Which is why it raised some eyebrows when he said no.

You lose 2 cool points for using roster :)

I dont get the European thing as a bonus, not yourself, but most fans are calling for new players 2 CM, 1 CB and a LB (on average) as well as the possibility of Powell, Keane, Lawrence, Thorpe all being given playing time this year, surely the Europa would have come in handy with team gelling and playing time, any manager knows players, youth or otherwise, get better faster in match situations? What better to give them in the Europa, if the team is focused on Top 4 in the EPL, better to, risk is the wrong word, but you know what I mean in the still competative but less important competiton that Europa league would give?

Only 2-3 fixtures (depending on the draw) would be against prem teams in the FA or league? I'd prefer to be in for the new blooding aspect of the signings and youth myself. Did us great in the 2 seasons or so before we made Top4.

1. Ahahaha. You re right about roster. Too American. My bad. Ok squad.
2. We got LB (overpriced and overrated but English and young so kinda evens stuff out- id have gone for more proven/ready players who are cheaper but still).
3. Id live with our squad as it is now with another (ready) cb and a proper dm. Everybody will strengthen and so should we. I was actually thinking also of last season's squad. Im also bothered with having to rely on Ashley Young for even one second but it looks like LVG will play 433/352 so inside forwards (kagawa/mata/even ander) are the name of the game.
4. Still happy we re not in EUROPA.

Except they could have him. Herrera might not be a better player, but he'd a better fit.

Yeah, i like Herrera, much more like to mould in a box to box which United need, hes more used to being the playmaker in a middle 3 but has all the atributes to make an easy transistion, which i dont think Fab has, hes what Uniteds midfield would need with the ball, but not so much without it. Just need a Destroyer now, you've got your tempo & runner (Herrera) and your forward playmaker (#10, whichever Rooney/Mata etc)

Back