The Manchester United Thread

But he's roughly right though. You deciding its absurd, doesn't make it so. by all account it wasn't all wrapped up but very advanced and well ahead of anyone else. Which is why it raised some eyebrows when he said no.

Sounds weird mate that's all I am saying. Look at it from all perspectives ...

What incentive does Kroos have to commit himself to a new club so early? If he is truly available then every major club will probably make a play for him including the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona. He can choose to wait out, make his decision carefully and even get higher wages as a result

Its also in Bayern's incentive to get the highest possible price for him. To this end, they would probably try and start a bidding war among the major clubs instead of letting him go so quickly

The sale of Kroos would likely be a long drawn-out transfer saga that will likely involve most major clubs in the world. It's in both Kroos' and Bayern's incentive to make it so ensuring they get the highest wages and transfer fee respectively. Why on earth would they commit to United so early? Even if they did, why on earth would LVG reject a player of his calibre?

Sounds weird mate that's all I am saying. Look at it from all perspectives ...

What incentive does Kroos have to commit himself to a new club so early? If he is truly available then every major club will probably make a play for him including the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona. He can choose to wait out, make his decision carefully and even get higher wages as a result

Its also in Bayern's incentive to get the highest possible price for him. To this end, they would probably try and start a bidding war among the major clubs instead of letting him go so quickly

The sale of Kroos would likely be a long drawn-out transfer saga that will likely involve most major clubs in the world. It's in both Kroos' and Bayern's incentive to make it so ensuring they get the highest wages and transfer fee respectively. Why on earth would they commit to United so early? Even if they did, why on earth would LVG reject a player of his calibre?

You made similar arguments about Mata. Then he joined us. It's less about looking at it from other perspectives, and looking at it from what actually went down. Now it seems he could end up at Barca for roughly the same.

Luke Shaw just became the 3rd most expensive defender in history. Congrats lad. :)

Man U, buying 7th and ruining football etc etc :)

OOOhh and Moyes off to Galatasary is doing the rounds.

Luke Shaw just became the 3rd most expensive defender in history. Congrats lad. :)

Luiz and Silva 1 and 2?

You made similar arguments about Mata. Then he joined us. It's less about looking at it from other perspectives, and looking at it from what actually went down. Now it seems he could end up at Barca for roughly the same.

And I am going to have to sit here and believe everything people say about what went down when the best source zzeezy gave me was one where Moyes said that he had 'laid a lot of groundwork for the deal to happen' but stopped short of saying it was wrapped up. **** I am even willing to believe that it may have been at an advanced stage, I just have the issue when zzeezy said everything was wrapped up. I am pretty sure that even if it was at an advanced stage, Kroos wouldn't have committed so early

And I am going to have to sit here and believe everything people say about what went down when the best source zzeezy gave me was one where Moyes said that he had 'laid a lot of groundwork for the deal to happen' but stopped short of saying it was wrapped up. **** I am even willing to believe that it may have been at an advanced stage, I just have the issue when zzeezy said everything was wrapped up. I am pretty sure that even if it was at an advanced stage, Kroos wouldn't have committed so early

Jeez I said Moyes laid a lot of the groundwork and it was pretty much done. Is there really anything to dispute here?

End of story, Shaw & his family saw that Chelsea act like **** to young players and preferred United. ./closed.

Not really true as Shaw isn't a Chelsea academy player. We have signed many young lads and they have came straight in. We have a problem with bringing in players from our academy. In fact i wouldn't even call it a problem with Chelsea myself i'd call it a problem with the mentality of the players and lack of ability.

You guys are fighting over something utterly ridiculous. Stop it, it's annoying, you are not kids for god sake!

Mentally on this website we all are kids!!!!!

I remember hearing Moyes wanted to work abroad one day and i actually applaud him for doing it if he gets the job. Massive respect for him, not enough go abroad.

Anyone see Ander Herrera 1st interview on MUTV? Was very good and seems his English has inproved no end. So pleased for him was so desperate to join us, also very happy Mata and De Gea at the club.

I really like Ander Herrera as a player. Calm on the ball. Good vision. Good passing. Puts in a shift defensively. Only 25. I think United have gotten themselves a very good player

I really like Ander Herrera as a player. Calm on the ball. Good vision. Good passing. Puts in a shift defensively. Only 25. I think United have gotten themselves a very good player
Agree mate could of defo done with him last year!

Congrats on your new signing Utd, a lad who probably cried with pain and hatred towards you in 2008 (tongue in cheek before i get pelters)

Luke Shaw: "I believe that English players should only have one target and that's to play for Manchester United. This is the biggest club."

What. A. Signing.

Back