The Manchester United Thread

Luke Shaw: "I believe that English players should only have one target and that's to play for Manchester United. This is the biggest club."

What. A. Signing.

Just once id like a soundbite to be dead on truth, "I'm fooking rich, and I look awesome in.... colours the kit again?" Everyone knows hes a Chelsea fan, why make out his dream was ONLY to sign for United? Dont get me wrong, great player great signing and all that, just the throw away lines we get from every player on a transfer suck! :)

****** generic media lines.. :D

Luke Shaw: "I believe that English players should only have one target and that's to play for Manchester United. This is the biggest club."

What. A. Signing.

It's a lot of money obviously, but United can afford it and you only need to look to Rio and Rooney as prime examples of how it will be great business for us in the end.

Just once id like a soundbite to be dead on truth, "I'm fooking rich, and I look awesome in.... colours the kit again?" Everyone knows hes a Chelsea fan, why make out his dream was ONLY to sign for United? Dont get me wrong, great player great signing and all that, just the throw away lines we get from every player on a transfer suck! :)

Joe Cole spoke of these generic lines, say Liverpool briefed him on stuff to say, i suspect all clubs do the same. Quite embarrassing really.

This whole fan thing is taken way out of proportion, Aaron Ramsey is a Man United fan... honestly it has no bearing, Manchester United is the top club still in England for young players to come and develop. Absolute mile ahead of Chelsea (only because people keep mentioning) in that regard.

Can we just leave Chelsea out of this thread now though because it's ultimately boring, we have one of the futures finest LB's and that's all that needs to be said.

Apart from who's next? :D

This whole fan thing is taken way out of proportion, Aaron Ramsey is a Man United fan... honestly it has no bearing, Manchester United is the top club still in England for young players to come and develop. Absolute mile ahead of Chelsea (only because people keep mentioning) in that regard.

Can we just leave Chelsea out of this thread now though because it's ultimately boring, we have one of the futures finest LB's and that's all that needs to be said.

Apart from who's next? :D

Its was honesty, i was looking for in the statement, not chelsea.

Its was honesty, i was looking for in the statement, not chelsea.

How do you know what he wanted? Pretty sure even if he is a fan of Chelsea he realises United is the best place to come for him to develop, so all what he said is true IMO.

How do you know what he wanted? Pretty sure even if he is a fan of Chelsea he realises United is the best place to come for him to develop, so all what he said is true IMO.

Yep, every young kid who dreams of playing football, wants to grow up and signing for another club?

When the offers are on the table, he might think carreer over money and pick United, (rightly so). but ONE dream ?? Nah Liar.

But **** it, liar in a red shirt with a season in front of the lad! geat buy :)

Some Chelsea fans are so bitter about this move. Been just as bad as when mata joined haha who cares if he grew up supporting Chelsea John Terry grew up a utd fan so if what some Chelsea fans are to go by John Terry should be playing for utd!!

Some Chelsea fans are so bitter about this move. Been just as bad as when mata joined haha who cares if he grew up supporting Chelsea John Terry grew up a utd fan so if what some Chelsea fans are to go by John Terry should be playing for utd!!

A voice of reason in the middle of a debate? Who'da thunk it?

United & Feyenoord have reached an agreement for the transfer of Stefan De Vrij, who is in the Dutch squad with Van Gaal right now. [men]

Just out of curiousity why do you think so? At Chelsea he will play under Mourinho who is practically a god at player development

Agreed mate. We used to use finance as a weapon all the time to blow competition out of the water for a signature so can't complain when the same is done to us. Another great signing for United. Shaw is a high ceiling player

I'd imagine he wants De Vrij for two reasons.. firstly we need another CB but secondly he can play RB and he may not want to trust Rafael there. Looks a real talent this lad.

I'd imagine he wants De Vrij for two reasons.. firstly we need another CB but secondly he can play RB and he may not want to trust Rafael there. Looks a real talent this lad.

If LvG's penchant for attacking wingbacks is anything to go by, there's no way de Vrij will get the nod ahead of Rafael at RB.. Just look at the season before last for an example..

But If de Vrij is the only CB we're buying, then that means LvG has pretty much decided to give Jones, Smalling and Evans a chance at CB..

If LvG's penchant for attacking wingbacks is anything to go by, there's no way de Vrij will get the nod ahead of Rafael at RB.. Just look at the season before last for an example..

Yeh I should of re-phrased it to... might not want to rely on Rafael there the whole season. De Vrij will cover better at RB than Smalling/Jones so it's a wise move.

Yeh I should of re-phrased it to... might not want to rely on Rafael there the whole season. De Vrij will cover better at RB than Smalling/Jones so it's a wise move.

I dunno, still doesn't make much sense to me. De Vrij would only be useful as an RB who can head the ball well. Otherwise, he's more a fullback (defensive), when played on the right. Rafael is a wingback more or less (attacking). I would be very leery if de Vrij were used there, especially since it looks like Number 10s are going to be used in the formation.. Rafael just needs someone to place their trust in him, and give him confidence for him to get back to the player he was..

I dunno, still doesn't make much sense to me. De Vrij would only be useful as an RB who can head the ball well. Otherwise, he's more a fullback (defensive), when played on the right. Rafael is a wingback more or less (attacking). I would be very leery if de Vrij were used there, especially since it looks like Number 10s are going to be used in the formation.. Rafael just needs someone to place their trust in him, and give him confidence for him to get back to the player he was..

No what I'm trying to say is Rafael will be the priority as RB (Wingback/Fullback whatever the system LVG plays), De Vrij will be bought for a CB which he is... but what I'm saying is we currently have no cover there apart from Smalling/Jones who can play RB but are pretty rubbish. De Vrij is competent there, so he would be useful for 2 reasons, if we need a player to fill there due to Rafael being injured/whatever, but he'd mainly be used as a CB of course.

Last edited:
I hope not Rafa should be a RB and should not be playing a CB there, if we sign De Vrij he should be playing CB. If LVG does not trust Rafa he should sell him and buy a genuine RB, hope not still rate him and he can still improve.

Back