The Manchester United Thread

I hope not Rafa should be a RB and should not be playing a CB there, if we sign De Vrij he should be playing CB. If LVG does not trust Rafa he should sell him and buy a genuine RB, hope not still rate him and he can still improve.

Micahs going for about 7mil i think? :)

We have Vermijl,Varela and Janko as cover for Rafa all of which were amazing last season.

De Vrij is still going to be a quality CB though, which is his main position, just making the point he's good at covering for RB only IF necessary.

De Vrij is still going to be a quality CB though, which is his main position, just making the point he's good at covering for RB only IF necessary.

It'll be interesting to see who becomes rotation, and who becomes a starter;; My guess would be Evans and Jones, with Smalling and de Vrij rotated very frequently. All four will get plenty of games either ways, since our CBs are injury-prone.. Hope Keane gets games though..

It'll be interesting to see who becomes rotation, and who becomes a starter;; My guess would be Evans and Jones, with Smalling and de Vrij rotated very frequently. All four will get plenty of games either ways, since our CBs are injury-prone.. Hope Keane gets games though..

Apparently the De Vrij and MEN quotes were fake... whoever posted about it on this thread originally.

Apparently the De Vrij and MEN quotes were fake... whoever posted about it on this thread originally.

Oh lol;; If Jones and Evans weren't injury-prone, we could still have gotten by w/o a CB signing.. Keane would be moved to a lesser rotational role then.. Alas!

Everytime Hummels has come out with quotes it has always sounded like a come and get me plea, never rules anything out, I personally think it'sdoable.

A few sites saying LVG next signing will be Vidal 44m including including Adam Crafton who was one of the ones who broke Shaw and Herrera deals. Most probs bull but in full muppet mode now :)

A few sites saying LVG next signing will be Vidal 44m including including Adam Crafton who was one of the ones who broke Shaw and Herrera deals. Most probs bull but in full muppet mode now :)

Vidal would be outrageous, can't see how anything would of developed while he is still at WC though.

Just about confirms that you will resort to anything to back up a flimsy point

What? Andy Mitten is well connected with ManUtd inside stories. If anyone is making up stories we all who is here..

I don't need to provide links because it's already been reported a million times that firstly, Chelsea were interested in Shaw. Secondly, they have been scouting him for a long time and believed 100% him. From that, it's very logical and fair to draw the assumption that they would have been ready to meet Southamptons valuation because they have a lot of cash to spend and need a LB which they believe Shaw is perfect for. Many media outlets reported that it's the wages that deterred Chelsea who were only willing to offer 60k p/w while United were willing offer 100k p/w. Only Jesus knows why you get so defensive about it because it's completely okay to use finance as a weapon to overtake the competition. Chelsea and City did the same after all

Which reliable media outlet reported news that Chelsea were willing to meet valuation after we made 27 Million bid?

You are really trying to squirrel me by saying that Shaw is going to United over Chelsea because only United met Southamptons exaggerated valuation and it has nothing to do with wages at all despite the fact that nearly every media outlet has him agreeing to a very lucrative contract with United. Nonetheless, I will make it very clear to you why my assumption is fair-

Link for Chelsea meeting Southampton's valuation?

1) Chelsea have cash to spend especially after Luiz sale. Around £150m

2) Chelsea need a LB

3) Chelsea have long been admirers of Luke Shaw

Change LB to CM and Chelsea to ManUtd, Luke Shaw to any midfielder. Doesn't always end up making bids.

So it's pretty logical to draw from this that they would have been willing to spend £30m on a player they greatly admire despite him being only 18 years old because they know he can give them 10+ years of service. The problem is the wages. Why is wages the problem? Because once you give someone a lucrative contract, it becomes impossible to move him on. Even if you pay £30m for someone and still offer him an average contract, at least you can move him on even if you have to take a loss. In the earlier scenario, you can't and he becomes a drain on your resources.

You think it's logical because it's your assumption. I assume that once we were ready pay anything for Shaw, clubs who don't worried about FFP couldn't match it.

After the Torres debacle, their has been a noticeable shift in Chelsea policy where they refuse to offer exorbitant wages any more because of the huge FFP hit they have to suffer year after year if the transfer fails. At least if they don't offer exorbitant wages, they can move the player on, take the hit for one season and move on instead of having to suffer it year after year. That was the main sticking point I believe which led Chelsea to apparently go for a more short-term measure in Filipe Luis

But since you love links so much - Manchester United transfer news: Luke Shaw offered £160,000 per week to snub Chelsea | Metro News

******* Metro and you were going on about Zezzy to provide link for Kroos story.

Here it is..

Manchester United seal £20m deal for Toni Kroos as Louis van Gaal sets sights on Arjen Robben | Mail Online

Thats something I found after a literally 5 second search on Google. I am pretty sure I can find more. But nonethless, if you are just going to ignore everything I say until I give you an article that explicitly states that 'Chelsea were ready to met Shaw's valuation but wages deterred them' then their is no point continuing. I have based my argument from what I can interpret from several different articles that is based on a solid foundation

Post the articles then.

And again, I really don't know why you are so defensive about it

I'm not defensive, just asking for the links to back up your point. Shaw is a Chelsea fan is the most BS logic ever used as I have already posted many players who moved to rival clubs even when the clubs they supported were interested. They see what's best for their career.

Just about confirms that you will resort to anything to back up a flimsy point

What happened to Hummels? We still in for him?

Everytime Hummels has come out with quotes it has always sounded like a come and get me plea, never rules anything out, I personally think it'sdoable.

Now you have ruined it again. Wait for other club fans to come out and say we can't sign Hummels and it's not logical.

What? Andy Mitten is well connected with ManUtd inside stories. If anyone is making up stories we all who is here..

Which reliable media outlet reported news that Chelsea were willing to meet valuation after we made 27 Million bid?

Link for Chelsea meeting Southampton's valuation?

Change LB to CM and Chelsea to ManUtd, Luke Shaw to any midfielder. Doesn't always end up making bids.

You think it's logical because it's your assumption. I assume that once we were ready pay anything for Shaw, clubs who don't worried about FFP couldn't match it.

******* Metro and you were going on about Zezzy to provide link for Kroos story.

Here it is..

Manchester United seal £20m deal for Toni Kroos as Louis van Gaal sets sights on Arjen Robben | Mail Online

Post the articles then.

I'm not defensive, just asking for the links to back up your point. Shaw is a Chelsea fan is the most BS logic ever used as I have already posted many players who moved to rival clubs even when the clubs they supported were interested. They see what's best for their career.

Forget it mate. You obviously will ignore everything until you see an article that explicitly states so and so. Might as well leave it at that and agree to disagree instead of cluttering up the thread

Now you have ruined it again. Wait for other club fans to come out and say we can't sign Hummels and it's not logical.

If you don't agree with me that's fine. You don't need to keep making your stupid sarcastic posts

If you don't agree with me that's fine. You don't need to keep making your stupid sarcastic posts

I quoted you by mistake in that post but the point still is valid though.

All you have done from past 6 months is "ManUtd can't sign so and so player for XYZ reason".

Back