The Manchester United Thread

I quoted you by mistake in that post but the point still is valid though.

All you have done from past 6 months is "ManUtd can't sign so and so player for XYZ reason".

I haven't. You have completely straw-manned me repeatedly even after I have clarified myself several times. So forget it, I can go at this with you all day but I really don't want to. You have your view and I have my own. Agree to disagree and let's move on

James Ducker reporting the deal for Shaw was 27m potentially rising to 29m through other related add-ons.

Really think that's a good buy, any idea what his wages actually are? (Alcaraz this is not time for you to speculate).

James Ducker reporting the deal for Shaw was 27m potentially rising to 29m through other related add-ons.

Really think that's a good buy, any idea what his wages actually are? (Alcaraz this is not time for you to speculate).

I dont thnk well know, call it 65k and play it safe.

Jesus how many more pages of Chelsea Butthurt will you people produce? As long clubs are willing to sell and United are willing to pay the asked price, they can sign just about anybody. Just ******* deal with it already and move on with your life.

Yep, every young kid who dreams of playing football, wants to grow up and signing for another club?

When the offers are on the table, he might think carreer over money and pick United, (rightly so). but ONE dream ?? Nah Liar.

But **** it, liar in a red shirt with a season in front of the lad! geat buy :)

Wilshire grew up a West Ham fan, but only wanted to play for Arsenal. Ridiculous to call him a liar when you dont actually know what he was thinking.

Rooney and Carragher were originally Everton fans, went to United and Liverpool.

Any 18 year old with his head screwed on and feet on the ground knows United are the only logical choice to ensure his potential is fulfilled. I don't expect fireworks, but in the years to come, he will be world class. Had he chose Chel$ea or City, he would be average and playing second fiddle to a foreign import.

Any 18 year old with his head screwed on and feet on the ground knows United are the only logical choice to ensure his potential is fulfilled. I don't expect fireworks, but in the years to come, he will be world class. Had he chose Chel$ea or City, he would be average and playing second fiddle to a foreign import.

That's pretty much bs ... He would have turned out fine wherever he went because he is a very good player who would have been playing under great managers at all 3 clubs

Wilshire grew up a West Ham fan, but only wanted to play for Arsenal. Ridiculous to call him a liar when you dont actually know what he was thinking.

A bit of a ridiculous comparison. Obviously he would rather player for Arsenal who are a far bigger and better club than West Ham. Same thing can't be said for Chelsea and United. And no I am not butthurt about anything before someone accuses me of it, just saying that your comparison is really really poor

Rooney and Carragher were originally Everton fans, went to United and Liverpool.

No one denies that players often end up playing for clubs that they never supported. But it's pretty fair to claim that 'love for a club' is still a factor in any players decision making calculus. How big of a factor it is depends on the player involved and other factors obviously

Being a Chelsea fan or not is irrelevant in this case though as we didn't even make a move for him. He's not exactly going to reject a massive move to United when they desperately want him.

And on the butthurt thing, the general reaction I'm seeing is an acceptance that United were willing to cough up the money for him so fair play. Strangely, opposing fans are the ones who keep bringing up Chelsea here.

The one player I'd LOVE to see at United is Mats Hummels.. Although I doubt it is going to be possible this year, but if Dortmund don't win anything this year, then next summer, we should seriously move and get Hummels here.. He would be fantastic..!

Find it amusing how Chelsea fans now say they never went in for him, quite clearly did but couldn't match United's offer (they didn't have enough faith to do so and would rather turn to a foreign option, clearly not because of Roman's finances) which is probably the exact reason why his parents wanted him to join us in the first place.

Last edited:
It's as if Alcaraz doesn't recognise John "Mr Chelsea" Terry is a Manchester United fan.....

Good to see Ander has been learning/already knew English. Will help the settling in period

A bit of a ridiculous comparison. Obviously he would rather player for Arsenal who are a far bigger and better club than West Ham. Same thing can't be said for Chelsea and United. And no I am not butthurt about anything before someone accuses me of it, just saying that your comparison is really really poor

No one denies that players often end up playing for clubs that they never supported. But it's pretty fair to claim that 'love for a club' is still a factor in any players decision making calculus. How big of a factor it is depends on the player involved and other factors obviously

How is it ridiculous? wkdsouls point is that by logic he should have signed for chelsea, he didnt.

Ramsey United fan, gone to Arsenal.

Being a Chelsea fan or not is irrelevant in this case though as we didn't even make a move for him. He's not exactly going to reject a massive move to United when they desperately want him.

And on the butthurt thing, the general reaction I'm seeing is an acceptance that United were willing to cough up the money for him so fair play. Strangely, opposing fans are the ones who keep bringing up Chelsea here.

Tbf, by butthurt, I'm pretty sure they are referring to ALcaraz (shouldnt really be saying Chelsea fans as a whole). Who has been revising his stance on what United could do in the market for months now.

Chelsea had a standing interest until a month agao when Saints said they would only take £30m for him, and Shaw said he preferred a move to United.

In end he's gone for £27m rising to £29m

Last edited:
It's as if Alcaraz doesn't recognise John "Mr Chelsea" Terry is a Manchester United fan.....

You wouldn't know it with the sheer dedication he has shown Chelsea. Shows how it can really not matter at all.

Find it amusing how Chelsea fans now say they never went in for him, quite clearly did but couldn't match United's offer (they didn't have enough faith to do so and would rather turn to a foreign option, clearly not because of Roman's finances) which is probably the exact reason why his parents wanted him to join us in the first place.

Not sure who here said Chelsea never went in for him. Been saying it all along that wages and maybe transfer fee deterred Chelsea. You really don't know anything do you?

Chelsea have been scouting him for a long time. They always believed him to be the perfect replacement for Cole. But they don't have the massive revenue streams of United so they can't just go around spending huge sums on every teenager because then they will be in deep **** in regards to FFP. It had nothing to do with lack of faith in him, rather it was just that they really couldn't afford to commit a shitload of money to one player

Whats your point? Because I do know that FYI

Back