The Manchester United Thread

Meanwhile, who do we think will be sold soon? Three players at least.

Young, Büttner (although he may not count because he already said he was leaving), and Cleverley?

I'd keep Cleverley for one more season. Already have Vidic and Ferdinand leaving. So maybe sell Young, Hernandez and Valencia/Nani. Although, Valencia just signed a new contract, so I'm guessing Nani maybe on his way out?

Hernandez will probably leave (although I like him a lot), because we already have RvP, Rooney and Welbeck for that lone striker spot, not to mention James Wilson in reserves.

Neither of them are interested, nor are their clubs willing to negotiate. It's full stop right there.

Right.... of course... that's how it works when you don't even try. I can hardly believe Lars wouldn't be tempted to move from Leverkusen, what's he going to win there?

Right.... of course... that's how it works when you don't even try. I can hardly believe Lars wouldn't be tempted to move from Leverkusen, what's he going to win there?

Arsenal did try, they were waved away and he signed a new contract

What is everyone's opinion on Fletcher and Carrick? From the fantasy line-ups people create, to the number of midfielders we're rumoured to be interested in, I've seen no mentioned of them, only Cleverly and how he should leave. I'm just curious. Both players aren't exactly too old either. Kept as back-ups? or sold?

What is everyone's opinion on Fletcher and Carrick? From the fantasy line-ups people create, to the number of midfielders we're rumoured to be interested in, I've seen no mentioned of them, only Cleverly and how he should leave. I'm just curious. Both players aren't exactly too old either. Kept as back-ups? or sold?

Carrick will defo be kept probably playing a quite big role, fletcher will be kept on the fact he will be hard to sell due to chronic injuries. I think Fletcher will play a bit part due to this. But tbh if we are to sign another midfielder it would still be handy to have them around as otherwise the team will change too quickly.

Wouldn't mind seeing Luiz Gustavo come in as our defensive ball winning midfielder, he's been very impressive so far in this World Cup although i must admit I'm unsure as to his availability from Wolfsburg atm.

I'm sure someone can come in and inform me that no way will a player leave Europa league football for a club in Manchester though.

Lots of clubs have tried in the past and failed. I bet it's tiresome for them to keep having to reassure those involved that they are staying, because the rumours are never-ending.

I'm pretty sure I posted a quote from Lars sometime back about his intentions, and - yet again - squashed any chances of leaving Leverkusen.

Meh, if he's actually staying there for loyalty, fair play.

Talking about Lars he's staying because he feels like he hasn't performed well enough and doesnt feel ready for jump to bigger club at this moment.

James Rodriguez would be a real pointless signing for us... we have so many no.10's already. Plus he'd be expensive.

That money should be spent on:
Another CM like Carvalho, Vidal, De Jong (even though I'd prefer someone younger than him).
Another CB... preferably experienced like Hummels.
Another natural winger.

If we get offered 14m for Nani by Juventus, take it all day long.

LVG seems the perfect manager for utd after that holland victory snatching a late win even after not performing at their best :p

Back