The Manchester United Thread

A destroyer is what we need more than anything though? Herrera is very dynamic/energetic and operates more like a box to box rather than someone who just stays in his position and sprays passes anyway.

You would be surprised to see how good Vidal is in pure destroyer role which he was at Leverkusen, then played as advanced midfielder and score around 15 goals. Then he started playing box to box and bossing it.

In short, he is a complete midfielder with excellent performance in any role in midfield

You would be surprised to see how good Vidal is in pure destroyer role which he was at Leverkusen, then played as advanced midfielder and score around 15 goals. Then he started playing box to box and bossing it.

In short, he is a complete midfielder with excellent performance in any role in midfield

Vidal is obviously great, but something about getting Carvalho, building him into a colossal midfield player ourselves, would satisfy me more. Don't get me wrong, Carvalho would bring a lot of things to our midfield straight away we don't have, but building him into something great would be more satisfying IMO.

It's like Shaw, we could easily of gone the Filipe Luis type of route, gone for an experienced LB who will do very well there, but there is something much more satisfying about getting someone younger who has the potential to be something special and building them into it. Well for me there is anyway!

Vidal is obviously great, but something about getting Carvalho, building him into a colossal midfield player ourselves, would satisfy me more. Don't get me wrong, Carvalho would bring a lot of things to our midfield straight away we don't have, but building him into something great would be more satisfying IMO.

It's like Shaw, we could easily of gone the Filipe Luis type of route, gone for an experienced LB who will do very well there, but there is something much more satisfying about getting someone younger who has the potential to be something special and building them into it. Well for me there is anyway!
That is good making players great from young age but that is a huge risk with the prices be banded around, Luke Shaw not so much a big risk because he grew up with English football and has already proved himself in the Prem. I like Khedira very much tho.

That is good making players great from young age but that is a huge risk with the prices be banded around, Luke Shaw not so much a big risk because he grew up with English football and has already proved himself in the Prem. I like Khedira very much tho.

Yeh...... lets just see what happens, any of them three would be a great signing for us I think.

Carvalho Herrera in midfield, Rooney dropping deep as third midfielder, with Mata, Januzaj, RVP in the attack would be awesome.

Carvalho Herrera in midfield, Rooney dropping deep as third midfielder, with Mata, Januzaj, RVP in the attack would be awesome.
Yes it would but lacks pace and width would be easy to play against, like Chelsea,City,Liverpool teams will just sit narrow and nullify our attack play.

Yes it would but lacks pace and width would be easy to play against, like Chelsea,City,Liverpool teams will just sit narrow and nullify our attack play.

I agree but I also believe quick decision making is equally as important, something that Valencia lacks. So when he is in so much space he slows down to pick up his options.

Just out of interest, would you take Sami Khedira? I know his ligament injury recently has apparently "effected him" somewhat, but surely he's still a good player for the price being reported.

Think people are judging him too early after him coming back from injury, I honestly didn't think he was bad, he's not one of them players that stands out anyway.

Not at 40m, no.

Sami is more of a runner than a holder as well.

Do you think we are looking at wingers mate, or do you think LVG will stick with what hes got and use AMCs as wide players?

I don't think wingers is a main concern for LVG atm and believe he is looking to secure the spine of the team. I wouldn't expect any signings of wingers before the centres are stable. Thus, I think for this season we will more than likely play our 10s as wide players.

I don't think wingers is a main concern for LVG atm and believe he is looking to secure the spine of the team. I wouldn't expect any signings of wingers before the centres are stable. Thus, I think for this season we will more than likely play our 10s as wide players.
Then I don't expect us to be that great attacking wise playing a 433 with Mata and Kagawa up top with RVP. Personally I think we will sign a wide player we have plenty of money to do so we have already strengthened 2 out the 3 weakest areas and only spent 60m and not even sold anyone yet either. All we need is a CB,CM,WINGER and were good imo. We can get them 3 players for around 100-120m.

If we don't buy any new wingers I would like us to line up like this

De Gea
Smalling Jones Evans
Rafael Evra
Herrera Carrick
Mata
RVP Rooney

Just gone with players we have atm

If we don't buy any new wingers I would like us to line up like this

De Gea
Smalling Jones Evans
Rafael Evra
Herrera Carrick
Mata
RVP Rooney

Just gone with players we have atm

Yeah, he may even play a 352 like he has at the world cup for the mexico game. Tbh I think that does put a lot of pressure on the wing backs however. I would like a new winger signed but think there is more important positions to strengthen first. We can only wait and see.

Yeah, he may even play a 352 like he has at the world cup for the mexico game. Tbh I think that does put a lot of pressure on the wing backs however. I would like a new winger signed but think there is more important positions to strengthen first. We can only wait and see.
Agree would like a new winger, but will have to wait and see maybe LVG will want to give the current crop a chance. Been no talk of players leaving really apart from Hernandez, maybe LVG thinks he can do something with Young,Anderson,Cleverley.

ESPN reporting that Vidal is open to ManUtd move and Juve wouldn't sell for anything less than 45 Million. IIRC Alex Shaw, Miguel Delaney are reporting it. Not sure we can really sign him but I'm sure money won't be a problem.

Woodward is not bothered about spending as proved by his 4 signings, so if we can get Vidal to agree terms then we can easily pay 50 Million for him.

ESPN reporting that Vidal is open to ManUtd move and Juve wouldn't sell for anything less than 45 Million. IIRC Alex Shaw, Miguel Delaney are reporting it. Not sure we can really sign him but I'm sure money won't be a problem.

Woodward is not bothered about spending as proved by his 4 signings, so if we can get Vidal to agree terms then we can easily pay 50 Million for him.
I hope this comes to something:)

Back