The Manchester United Thread

Be shocked if we didn't get Depay at least to strengthen out wide this summer, lad has a big future.

50 million? What's happened to our club that we have to spend that much money? At this rate, we're spending more than those clubs we slag off every other week for buying success. We better win the league at least if this is the route we're going down now. **** that.

50 million? What's happened to our club that we have to spend that much money? At this rate, we're spending more than those clubs we slag off every other week for buying success. We better win the league at least if this is the route we're going down now. **** that.
Not quite mate, this is a one off them other teams you are talking about have been doing this for years. Our average spend to the other teams you are talking about is crumbs! If we don't spend and strengthen team and get back in the CL the club will be in big big trouble

we have to spend it cos what we have is just not that good it show how much voodoo saf had to get so much out of some really not very good players

I think its one off and was bound to happen. We needed to freshen up the squad and also needed 2-3 players in the important positions. Looks like this time we are not holding back and just getting our targets before pre season starts so that it won't interfere with the preparation.

Spend huge money in one window and sign all important players and then we can add good players every year that we previously used to do. At that time we didn't need to spend huge as we had many quality players from academy.

I think its one off and was bound to happen. We needed to freshen up the squad and also needed 2-3 players in the important positions. Looks like this time we are not holding back and just getting our targets before pre season starts so that it won't interfere with the preparation.

Spend huge money in one window and sign all important players and then we can add good players every year that we previously used to do. At that time we didn't need to spend huge as we had many quality players from academy.
This! Sign the key players we need now then go back to buying young stars and using from academy.

The difference is we're using money WE make, not from an Arab or Russian pumping the money in to the club. That's why this point is always a stupid one to bring up.

The question should perhaps be why we're not producing the talent in the academy, where's the next Paul Scholes coming from?

The difference is we're using money WE make, not from an Arab or Russian pumping the money in to the club. That's why this point is always a stupid one to bring up.

The question should perhaps be why we're not producing the talent in the academy, where's the next Paul Scholes coming from?
Our academy has a lot of top players atm Rothwell reminds me totally of Scholes :) I have high hopes for this lot!

Our academy has a lot of top players atm Rothwell reminds me totally of Scholes :) I have high hopes for this lot!

Yeh but we need one now and have done for like last 3 seasons or perhaps more. When we need them there should be someone there ready, fact is there hasn't been sadly.

Yeh but we need one now and have done for like last 3 seasons or perhaps more. When we need them there should be someone there ready, fact is there hasn't been sadly.
We cant just produce WC players from the academy year in year out lol.

we know that bt we have not done it since the class of 92

Even a squad player would save lot of money.

Players like Brown, O'shea, Evans, Fletcher saved lot of money as they played well when called upon and saved spending few millions to fill squad roles.

we know that bt we have not done it since the class of 92

We relied on them at that time, they had exceptional talent, but were given the game time to develop it. Now a days, with the club at the height it is, it would appear reckless to rely on a crop of 17 year old's at the heart of the squad, something I don't think our current academy players would be up for either. We would end up going backwards.

He's the next Paul Scholes ? More like the next Ryan Giggs if anyone!

Could you imagine the air to Scholes throne coming through the ranks just as the real man himself's career was coming to a close? Two Scholes in the same team. Brb, masturbating.

For me, CM order is as follows (preference not likelihood)

1. Vidal
2. Strootman/Schweinsteiger
3. Carvalho
4. Khedira
5. De Jong

Vidal is the best CM in the world. If he's available and wants us we HAVE to get him.
Strootman/Schweinsteiger are world class players who love LVG and LVG loves. Would fit the system perfectly. (whatever it is)
Carvalho comes after those 3 simply because he isn't world class yet. If we got one of the above and Carvalho I'd be absolutely ecstatic.

He will be world class. IMO he'll be regarded as the best DM in Europe in 2 seasons time. We have to go for him now to stand any real chance of signing him.

Really hope we do it.

Januzaj, Lingard, Evans, M Keane, Wilson, Amos, Welbeck, Lawrence, Rothwell, Pearson all from the academy. Not to mention Paul Pogba and Ravel Morrison are from our academy (despite not being at the club anymore)

We're still producing talent, just they're all starting to reach the breakthrough age now (bar Evans).

Last edited:
Back