The Manchester United Thread

Januzaj, Lingard, Evans, M Keane, Wilson, Amos, Welbeck, Lawrence, Rothwell, Pearson all from the academy. Not to mention Paul Pogba and Ravel Morrison are from our academy (despite not being at the club anymore)

We're still producing talent, just they're all starting to reach the breakthrough age now (bar Evans).

Callum Evans? or..

Januzaj, Lingard, Evans, M Keane, Wilson, Amos, Welbeck, Lawrence, Rothwell, Pearson all from the academy. Not to mention Paul Pogba and Ravel Morrison are from our academy (despite not being at the club anymore)

We're still producing talent, just they're all starting to reach the breakthrough age now (bar Evans).

Yeh... but only Rothwell and Pearson you have mentioned there are CM's, whilst they have potential to be somewhat good... not sure they are special like Scholes was.

Obviously we'll see, Ben Pearson in particular is quite interesting, I'd really like to see these given a go in the first team at some point because that's when a player really delivers his best and you see them for what they are potentially. Obviously LVG is fond of youth so who knows, they may be in with a shout at some point.

Yeh... but only Rothwell and Pearson you have mentioned there are CM's, whilst they have potential to be somewhat good... not sure they are special like Scholes was.

Obviously we'll see, Ben Pearson in particular is quite interesting, I'd really like to see these given a go in the first team at some point because that's when a player really delivers his best and you see them for what they are potentially. Obviously LVG is fond of youth so who knows, they may be in with a shout at some point.

The original post said we don't produce enough top class talent from our academy, nothing mentioned specifically about CM's. Pogba and Ravel are also CM's btw.

Portuguese press saying we're preparing a bid for Carvalho. Sporting have lowered their asking price to €30M from release clause price of €45M.

Record, O Jogo and Zero Zero all reporting it within 30 hours.

On an *unrelated* note, Sporting's president has announced the club currently has an outstanding loan of €442M.

Portuguese press saying we're preparing a bid for Carvalho. Sporting have lowered their asking price to €30M from release clause price of €45M.

On an *unrelated* note, Sporting's president has announced the club currently has an outstanding loan of €442M.

That's 24 Million pounds, not a bad deal at all.

That's 24 Million pounds, not a bad deal at all.

Record aren't the most reliable. I wouldn't believe that asking price tbh. I'd say it's closer to £30M, but the interesting bit is everyone reporting that we are preparing a bid.

You said we haven't produced any players from our academy.

No I didn't mean it like that... I mean that we haven't produce another Scholes-esque type player. It was a post relating to Scholes. Obviously we have produced players in the academy generally.. one being our star player this year pretty much in Januzaj.

It was nothing more, nothing less then that.

Yeh the reports seem to be building, Portugese reporters I've seen on twitter compare him to Matic... which is something we DESPERATELY need in our midfield.

Really hope it goes through.

You said we haven't produced any players from our academy.

Currently 4 by my count... Evans, Fletch, Welbeck and Cleverly. Fully produced by Man United, signed at 11 most of em, nice work.

I personally wouldnt consider bought at 16 a product of the academy btw.

Last edited:
Currently 4 by my count... Evans, Fletch, Welbeck and Cleverly.

Evans, Fletcher, Welbeck, Cleverley, Januzaj, Wilson, Lingard, Lawrence and Amos all from our academy and all played a part last season.

Currently 4 by my count... Evans, Fletch, Welbeck and Cleverly. Fully produced by Man United, signed at 11 most of em, nice work.

I personally wouldnt consider bought at 16 a product of the academy btw.

Januzaj and you can also add Wilson and Lawrence who made their debut. At least Wilson should be involved more next season.

Evans, Fletcher, Welbeck, Cleverley, Januzaj, Wilson, Lingard, Lawrence and Amos all from our academy and all played a part last season.

Those are the only regular 4 1st team, The size of squads these days, most kids have a shirt number.. but yeah i would expect them to play more next year at least.

and you bought Janzaj at 16, hardly a product of your youth system, that starts at 10.

Last edited:
Those are the only regular 4 1st team, The size of squads these days, most kids have a shirt number.. but yeah i would expect them to play more next year at least.

and you bought Janzaj at 16, hardly a product of your youth system, that starts at 10.

Going by that Biscuits, Puyol, Pedro are not La Masia products..

Players age when they joined Barca (as per Wiki).. Not sure if anyone says they are not La Masia products.

Valdes - 13
Puyol - 17
Xavi - 11
Iniesta - 12
Biscuits - 17
Pedtro - 17
Messi - 13
Tello - 11

Going by that Biscuits, Puyol, Pedro are not La Masia products..

Fair enough. Dont get me wrong im not knocking the Man U academy its clearly one of the best in the country if not Europe, I personally just wouldnt call a player signed at 16 a product of that academy when most players are scouted and signed and educated from 10+ or there abouts.

EDIT - The Barca list, yeah i defo wouldnt consider a player at 17, to be a La Masia product.

Back