The Manchester United Thread

Manchester United have made official bid of over €40m for Colombian star - Juan Cuadrado

Manchester United have submitted a formal bid to Fiorentina of just over €40m for Juan Cuadrado, so say TMW in Italy. The Colombian has been a star of the World Cup in Brazil and along with teammate James Rodriguez has been getting a lot of attention in the transfer market.

TMW got their info from Gazzetta dello Sport and we've checked the original report and it does claim what is said, which is usually where most of these reports fall down!

Cuadrado can play anywhere on the right hand side of the pitch and would be a much more exciting attacking option than Antonio Valencia and probably more consistent than Luis Nani. It's possible he could play with Valencia, with both players able to slot in at right back, Cuadrado the more experienced of the two in that position.
Fiorentina want more than the €40m, they want an 'indecent offer' and it's reckoned that's around €50m. Cuadrado is 26 years old and he has a contract with Fiorentina until 2017, they hold a bit of power on this one.
However, it's still hard to believe Fiorentina would turn down a €40m bid. That's a huge amount and unless an auction situation develops then they're unlikely to get more than that. Gazzetta explain that an auction situation is exactly what Fiorentina want.
The newspaper also claim that Cuadrado has a 30% chance of being at Manchester United next season, 30% chance of being at Barcelona, 30% chance of being at Fiorentina and 10% chance of Bayern Munich. It's almost like they're plucking figures from thin air.

This pre-season isn't complete without a few more sightings of Wesley Sneijder at Manchester Airport.

Manchester United have made official bid of over €40m for Colombian star - Juan Cuadrado

Manchester United have submitted a formal bid to Fiorentina of just over €40m for Juan Cuadrado, so say TMW in Italy. The Colombian has been a star of the World Cup in Brazil and along with teammate James Rodriguez has been getting a lot of attention in the transfer market.

TMW got their info from Gazzetta dello Sport and we've checked the original report and it does claim what is said, which is usually where most of these reports fall down!

Cuadrado can play anywhere on the right hand side of the pitch and would be a much more exciting attacking option than Antonio Valencia and probably more consistent than Luis Nani. It's possible he could play with Valencia, with both players able to slot in at right back, Cuadrado the more experienced of the two in that position.
Fiorentina want more than the €40m, they want an 'indecent offer' and it's reckoned that's around €50m. Cuadrado is 26 years old and he has a contract with Fiorentina until 2017, they hold a bit of power on this one.
However, it's still hard to believe Fiorentina would turn down a €40m bid. That's a huge amount and unless an auction situation develops then they're unlikely to get more than that. Gazzetta explain that an auction situation is exactly what Fiorentina want.
The newspaper also claim that Cuadrado has a 30% chance of being at Manchester United next season, 30% chance of being at Barcelona, 30% chance of being at Fiorentina and 10% chance of Bayern Munich. It's almost like they're plucking figures from thin air.

I'd be furious if we paid that much for Cuadrado. If for some strange reason it was decided that we needed reinforcements on the attacking side on the right, there are lots of rumours that Angel di Maria would become available for around the same price. Not to mention, Alexis-******-Sanchez. Xherdan Shaqiri. ****, James Rodriguez? There's no way we should even be trying for this deal// Admittedly, he has the benefit of being able to play anywhere on the right, but for RB/RWB, we've got Rafael and Saidy Janko waiting to take on too.

Cuadrodo is a player I don't mind at all. He impressed me every time I watched him especially in the World Cup, notching up 4 assists already. And he sure runs like a rocket.

I'd be furious if we paid that much for Cuadrado. If for some strange reason it was decided that we needed reinforcements on the attacking side on the right, there are lots of rumours that Angel di Maria would become available for around the same price. Not to mention, Alexis-******-Sanchez. Xherdan Shaqiri. ****, James Rodriguez? There's no way we should even be trying for this deal// Admittedly, he has the benefit of being able to play anywhere on the right, but for RB/RWB, we've got Rafael and Saidy Janko waiting to take on too.

Well roughly 40m euros is roughly £31m... Di Maria and Sanchez will probably be slightly more then that. Di Maria is more a left-sided player anyway.

Cuadrado has looked really good when I've saw him, I think it would be a good signing.. lets face it Nani won't be around much longer and he's most likely going to Juventus.

James Rodriguez is a no.10 at his best.

I'd honestly love this to happen, we need more creativity down that right hand-side... Ashley Young and Nani should go.

Well roughly 40m euros is roughly £31m... Di Maria and Sanchez will probably be slightly more then that. Di Maria is more a left-sided player anyway.

Cuadrado has looked really good when I've saw him, I think it would be a good signing.. lets face it Nani won't be around much longer and he's most likely going to Juventus.

James Rodriguez is a no.10 at his best.

I'd honestly love this to happen, we need more creativity down that right hand-side... Ashley Young and Nani should go.

Sanchez is a better buy than Cuadrado. I'd Di Maria over him too. He can play down the right excellently.

Sanchez is a better buy than Cuadrado. I'd Di Maria over him too. He can play down the right excellently.

Di Maria and Sanchez are both great players but we have to be realistic and know that everyone will want them. I honestly like this Cuadrado lad and if he's willing to come I don't see why wait and rely on players who most likely won't?

Di Maria and Sanchez are both great players but we have to be realistic and know that everyone will want them. I honestly like this Cuadrado lad and if he's willing to come I don't see why wait and rely on players who most likely won't?

Barcelona also want Cuadrado.

They are selling Sanchez so they can get Cuadrado instead? Wtf

Dont get me started on the logic of this. It's nuts. Although they might sell Sanchez for Suarez and Cuadrado come in for Dani Alves.

Dont get me started on the logic of this. It's nuts. Although they might sell Sanchez for Suarez and Cuadrado come in for Dani Alves.

I don't think Sanchez for Suarez will happen, making him leave is one thing... then telling him to be part of a deal and join Liverpool is another.

I think Arsenal suit him down to the ground, think he'll most likely end up there, if Wenger has any sense. Or Barcelona do a Barcelona and end up keeping him which is very possible.

This is why we mayswell just get Cuadrado whilst those two clubs play with each other over Jaws and Sanchez.

Yes Cuadrado is not a star player like Sanchez, Di Maria etc but I think we have more than enough stars in our squad already... And I doubt he would cost that much, papers nowadays like to publish prices much higher than they actually are to gain more viewership. And the one thing Cuadrado is much better than the other 2 is his versatility. He had played in every position on the pitch last season except for CB and LB. He is a pacy RB/RWB/RM/RW, which might be exactly what LVG needs.

Of course it's all speculation right now, but I'm sure that Cuadrado is not as terrible as people here would like to think.

Yes Cuadrado is not a star player like Sanchez, Di Maria etc but I think we have more than enough stars in our squad already... And I doubt he would cost that much, papers nowadays like to publish prices much higher than they actually are to gain more viewership. And the one thing Cuadrado is much better than the other 2 is his versatility. He had played in every position on the pitch last season except for CB and LB. He is a pacy RB/RWB/RM/RW, which might be exactly what LVG needs.

Of course it's all speculation right now, but I'm sure that Cuadrado is not as terrible as people here would like to think.

Noone said he's terrible, I've seen Cuadrado, and he's pretty good. What I said was that, at the prices bandied about in that article, Cuadrado shouldn't be our primary target. di Maria/Sanchez would cost roughly the same, and I'd pick either over Cuadrado. I'd rather have a player who'd go ****-crazy at attacking right, than a player who'd be very good across a variety of areas.

Noone said he's terrible, I've seen Cuadrado, and he's pretty good. What I said was that, at the prices bandied about in that article, Cuadrado shouldn't be our primary target. di Maria/Sanchez would cost roughly the same, and I'd pick either over Cuadrado. I'd rather have a player who'd go ****-crazy at attacking right, than a player who'd be very good across a variety of areas.

There the type of targets we chase all summer and don't get then wish we had of gone for someone like Cuadrado. Lets not forget, he's a great attacking player as well, but he is versatile... which is a great bonus to have.

Apparently Sanchez' relationship with Messi broke down ... That seems plausible. Can't see why they would be looking to sell him otherwise

If given the choice I would pick in this order.

Di Maria
Sanchez
Cuardado
Shaqiri.

Di Maria is stupidly good player and not to forget he is excellent on both wings and also as advanced midfielder in 3.

Back