The Manchester United Thread

Btw did anyone see what Di Marzio (?) posted? That Vidal want to join ManUtd but Juve are holding on to him. Few journos said he wants to leave..
Will help if he does want to leave for us. Also few reports saying LVG wants Zaha gone same as Fellaini.

Don't know how to feel about Zaha if true. Signed by Fergie had good pre season and shoved out on loan by Moyes. Showed glimpses what he could do at Cardiff when played, hope we keep hold of him tbh at least for a season see how he does.

Don't know how to feel about Zaha if true. Signed by Fergie had good pre season and shoved out on loan by Moyes. Showed glimpses what he could do at Cardiff when played, hope we keep hold of him tbh at least for a season see how he does.

He's genuinely talented and with the right tutoring could be as a great player in the future. Only, he was signed 2 managers ago and is on £30,000 p/w, so Louie would see him the same as he does every other person in our squad incapable of commanding a starting position.

I wonder if he heard about the rumours between him and Moyes' daughter, if he knows the truth and has played a part in his reasoning to let him go.

News papers reporting that we're ready to make a 63 million pound bid in for James Rodriguez.

Anyone heard anything about this?

It seems pointless, if true. But I'd take him over Mata any day of the week.

He's genuinely talented and with the right tutoring could be as a great player in the future. Only, he was signed 2 managers ago and is on £30,000 p/w, so Louie would see him the same as he does every other person in our squad incapable of commanding a starting position.

I wonder if he heard about the rumours between him and Moyes' daughter, if he knows the truth and has played a part in his reasoning to let him go.
God knows mate. Will have to trust LVG maybe he dont think hes right tactically or mentally.

Rofl, are people still talking about this?

News papers reporting that we're ready to make a 63 million pound bid in for James Rodriguez.

Anyone heard anything about this?

It seems pointless, if true. But I'd take him over Mata any day of the week.
Really hope not we have to many players like that and would be to much! I would rather have Mata anyday!

Seen few rumours today about possible 19 euro bid for Marcos Rojo which would mean Evra going. Liverpool also interested.

How I'd like United to line up come August:

Starting line-up every week. Di Maria/Mata/Rooney will rotate if there is fitness and injury issues. Vidal and Hamsik are back to front. Vidal should be behind Hamsik. Also, Carrick will still play a part, but not a bit one.

View attachment 362313

Back-up team:

View attachment 362310

Last edited:

Starting line-up every week. Di Maria/Mata/Rooney will rotate if there is fitness and injury issues. Vidal and Hamsik are back to front. Vidal should be behind Hamsik. Also, Carrick will still play a part, but not a bit one.

View attachment 630456

Back-up team:

View attachment 630462

Glad you've kept your expectations low and realistic....

Rofl, are people still talking about this?

I don't think anyone knows the truth. I'm a logical person and even I felt bad when I heard about it. Having everyone else's, as well as your own fans publicly slander you, the media, everyone. Life for Moyes must have been ridiculously difficult and on top of it, heard everyone post on social networking sites that this young player of his undermined him into ******** his daughter. Even the rumours were embarrassing enough.

So imagine it did actually happen, would you want a guy like that at your club? Disrespecting you, personally?

Elko Born @Elko_B · 14h
Until now, Albert Stuivenberg was active as a (opposition) scout for Louis van Gaal during the World Cup.

Stuivenberg will start work in Manchester immediately. Until LVG arrives, he and Ryan Giggs will be in charge of United's training sessions

According to United's website, Stuivenberg will be 'assistant coach'. I can see him in a role similar to Meulensteen under Ferguson

It's also possible Stuivenberg will act as a bridge between the academy and the first team. Van Gaal puts a lot of emphasis on youth players

Van Gaal will keep up to date with every detail of the academy. He'll want to know everything there is to know about United's prospects

A lot of managers ignore youth teams and just wait until they're told about a player who could be good for the first team. Not Van Gaal.

During the 2001 WC Van Gaal took charge of Holland u20 while he was in function as national (first) team manager. Why? Just because

As @Chriswin4 points out: gone will be the days of scattergun approach regarding loans. Van Gaal will map out a plan for Zaha, Powell, etc.

Just can't wait for the start of next season. Also for some reasons Nick Powell is out of everyone's radar. Hopefully with LVG he will develop into a beast of a CM..

View attachment 630456

Back-up team:

View attachment 630462

We are not talking about FM mate! This is real life ...

From A Newcastle fans point of view you guys need 2/3 new defenders and 1 playmaker in midfield and maybe a winger, someone like cuadrado

Back