The Manchester United Thread

From A Newcastle fans point of view you guys need 2/3 new defenders and 1 playmaker in midfield and maybe a winger, someone like cuadrado
No we don't. We need one defender, two max. We don't need playmaker, we need someone who's suits box to box style. Winger yes, but not Cuardado.

I don't think we actually *need* a winger, just think a world class one would be a great addition.

Mata, Januzaj, Rooney, Zaha, Lingard, Valencia, Nani/Young all capable of playing there. We don't even know if LVG wants wingers.

I'd happily take Angel Di Maria and play him in central midfield like Real Madrid did.

Also with talk about Vidal deal faltering, we should push for Carvalho before it's too late.

De Gea
Smalling - Jones - Evans
Rafael -------------------- Shaw
Carvalho
Herrera --- Di Maria
Mata/Rooney
van Persie​

Last edited:
No we don't. We need one defender, two max. We don't need playmaker, we need someone who's suits box to box style. Winger yes, but not Cuardado.

Herrera is more box to box than anything else.. when played at a deeper position... which I've said many times. He's not someone who is static and sprays passes only like a DLP kind of thing.

I don't think we actually *need* a winger, just think a world class one would be a great addition.

Mata, Januzaj, Rooney, Zaha, Lingard, Valencia, Nani/Young all capable of playing there. We don't even know if LVG wants wingers.

I'd happily take Angel Di Maria and play him in central midfield like Real Madrid did.

Also with talk about Vidal deal faltering, we should push for Carvalho before it's too late.

De Gea
Smalling - Jones - Evans
Rafael -------------------- Shaw
Carvalho
Herrera --- Di Maria
Mata/Rooney
van Persie​

Finally, someone with sense. Vidal is very unrealistic and going to cost an absolute fortune... rumours of 50m + Nani is just ludicrous.

Carvalho will be expensive but not as much and we'll have a player who has his whole future ahead of him.

Don't get me wrong, if there's even a sniff that we can get Vidal we should push for him. But we can't flap around waiting for them to respond while other top players are moving clubs freely.

If we wait too long we'll end up like last year with Fabregas/Baines.

That's just insulting to Dortmund and Hummels. He is showing loyalty towards his club and team mates, unlike those other two arseholes who are now in Munch. Dortmund are a quality team, with several star players they will want to keep a hold of.

Logically, I don't see any movement on the front with either of them, until we see Dortmund and Juventus linked with same-position players as potential replacements, then we can start to see a hint of a transfer happening. But for now, Vidal is just an arrogant **** and he'll go for who's paying him the most and Hummels will do whatever his club tell him to do.

Not really insulting, just being realistic... of modern football. Bayern Munich are totally dominant in that league and they will continue to be so because Dortmund sell their best players to their biggest rival....

Herrera is more box to box than anything else.. when played at a deeper position... which I've said many times. He's not someone who is static and sprays passes only like a DLP kind of thing.
He has some characteristic for b2b role, but he lacks offensive presence in the attacking third. He's not goal scoring threat. Can he become one? I would rather not wanting to find and just sign Vidal. Vidal. God ****, imagine Vidal ^^)

He has some characteristic for b2b role, but he lacks offensive presence in the attacking third. He's not goal scoring threat. Can he become one? I would rather not wanting to find and just sign Vidal. Vidal. God ****, imagine Vidal ^^)

We can't drivel over Vidal all summer and then miss out on other signings... we really need another CM option no matter what this summer.

Same goes for CB and a winger would be a bonus. I think we only need 2 more this window, 3 at a push if you count the winger.

We can't drivel over Vidal all summer and then miss out on other signings... we really need another CM option no matter what this summer.

Same goes for CB and a winger would be a bonus. I think we only need 2 more this window, 3 at a push if you count the winger.
Vidal says no. Vidal like United. Vidal ^^)
Seriously, I agree. Go for Vidal, if Juve doesn't want to sell, find someone else. United needs someone defensive in midfield.

Carvalho will be expensive but not as much and we'll have a player who has his whole future ahead of him.

Ah, this again. Id much rather pay the premium and buy the proven great player (VIDAL) than pay less (but still a fortune) and buy the rawer talent.

Vidal says no. Vidal like United. Vidal ^^)
Seriously, I agree. Go for Vidal, if Juve doesn't want to sell, find someone else. United needs someone defensive in midfield.

Aaaaaaannnnnnnddddddddd I said Lars Bender about a week ago.. seems he may well move this summer to Arsenal.

Ah, this again. Id much rather pay the premium and buy the proven great player (VIDAL) than pay less (but still a fortune) and buy the rawer talent.

Can't believe how much over-hype Vidal gets though.. it's just ridiculous. When he touches the ball, OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD WOW WOW WOW WOW.

How is he a proven great player? Is there any stats that justifies this over the seasons with Juventus? Or are we just saying the "he's got everything a midfielder should have" reason again.

Can't believe how much over-hype Vidal gets though.. it's just ridiculous. When he touches the ball, OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD WOW WOW WOW WOW.

How is he a proven great player? Is there any stats that justifies this over the seasons with Juventus? Or are we just saying the "he's got everything a midfielder should have" reason again.

Every **** person in the whole world who have seen Vidal play in Serie A or Champions League, know that he is one of the absolute beasts out there atm. He can tackle, stop play and be a scoring threat machine all in one player.

I don't think anyone knows the truth. I'm a logical person and even I felt bad when I heard about it. Having everyone else's, as well as your own fans publicly slander you, the media, everyone. Life for Moyes must have been ridiculously difficult and on top of it, heard everyone post on social networking sites that this young player of his undermined him into ******** his daughter. Even the rumours were embarrassing enough.

So imagine it did actually happen, would you want a guy like that at your club? Disrespecting you, personally?

If you're willing to sell a talented player like Zaha because the tabloids and Twitter trolls suggested he was ******** the ex boss' daughter, then something is seriously wrong.

Every **** person in the whole world who have seen Vidal play in Serie A or Champions League, know that he is one of the absolute beasts out there atm. He can tackle, stop play and be a scoring threat machine all in one player.

Judging a player on reputation isn't always good though, it doesn't automatically mean he'll fit in and for the price we'd be paying you have to consider everything.

I've watched him a fair few times and I've never been impressed so much so that I my jaw drops and think he's a truly great player who is worth breaking the bank for because he is a mile ahead of anyone else who we need.

I still think Lars Bender or William Carvalho are the 2 we really need, Herrera can do the Box to Box.

Just saw this on twitter and it made me laugh...

Markovic = 5 goals/26 games Bebe = 12 goals/27 games in the same league

LFC sign Markovic £20m, I think Ed can sell Bebe for £35m.

Last edited:
Finally, someone with sense. Vidal is very unrealistic and going to cost an absolute fortune... rumours of 50m + Nani is just ludicrous.

50mil + Nani for what people consider to be the best CM in the world right now? Yes pls.
Bale was £90mil and he's not even the best winger in the world.

50mil + Nani for what people consider to be the best CM in the world right now? Yes pls.
Bale was £90mil and he's not even the best winger in the world.

Bale is 24... Vidal is 27....

I don't get this whole "he's the best CM"..... What defines the best CM in the world? Someone help me out on this one because I'm just confused, he's not exactly been some outstanding force for Juventus. He's been good, nothing more, in my opinion.

We need someone who can break up play and be aggressive whilst providing solid protection to the back four, he's not the be all and end all, there is plenty of good alternatives who will be more suited to the role and give us more money to get a top class CB or winger.

I don't get this whole "he's the best CM"..... What defines the best CM in the world? Someone help me out on this one because I'm just confused, he's not exactly been some outstanding force for Juventus. He's been good, nothing more, in my opinion.

We need someone who can break up play and be aggressive whilst providing solid protection to the back four, he's not the be all and end all, there is plenty of good alternatives who will be more suited to the role and give us more money to get a top class CB or winger.

He is very, very good.

That's exactly what he's been. He wins the ball back for them, he scores about 10-15 goals per season, he dictates play between the boxes for them. He's the most complete central midfielder in the world.

Back