The Manchester United Thread

Sky Italia have just confirmed Juventus have no intention to sell Vidal, think that should end it all.

New reports coming out Juve will settle for 40m + Nani for Vidal :) Also Leverkusen not interested in selling there star player Bender, they are looking to strengthen team to go higher in Bundesliga by signing HSV star Hakan Cahogulou( not sure bout spelling) also looking at Ginter.

Juventus have briefed them off Di Marzio's reports. They've simply confirmed they said "No" to Manchester United. Talks were weeks ago.

Juventus have briefed them off Di Marzio's reports. They've simply confirmed they said "No" to Manchester United. Talks were weeks ago.

Yeh United haven't gone back with anything, probably because the only encouragement they are getting is from agents.

I suspect we've moved on and are not going to make the same mistake as last summer, chasing one player the whole window and then ruining our chance of getting anyone.

Yeh United haven't gone back with anything, probably because the only encouragement they are getting is from agents.

I suspect we've moved on and are not going to make the same mistake as last summer, chasing one player the whole window and then ruining our chance of getting anyone.

I think we'll still stay updated with him, but won't focus solely on him. I thnk we're looking at the possibility of other options now just incase Vidal really in ungettable.

Agree should defo not let this one go, but should also be looking elsewhere. Also read today LVG has told Woody to go all out and get Hummels and also read we gonna bid 25m euros in next few days.

Can't believe how much over-hype Vidal gets though.. it's just ridiculous. When he touches the ball, OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD WOW WOW WOW WOW.

How is he a proven great player? Is there any stats that justifies this over the seasons with Juventus? Or are we just saying the "he's got everything a midfielder should have" reason again.

Vidal is a proven great player. he is the best Box to Box mid in the world. It's not overhype when he delivers time and again.

all the praise Yaya get? Vidal gets almost the same number of goals. Except Vidal can defend with the best. And he does it for club and country.

If you are all really asking for stats on Vidal, I have to question how much you've watched him, and how much you know about him.

It's got nothing to do with rep. His rep came from the fact he is an outstanding player, not the other way round. While England lauded Yaya, Vidal quietly went to Juve and began to dominate midfields in a way Yaya can only dream ( because Yaya cant actually defend well).

I actually cant believe i just had to defend Vidal. Might as well ask me to defend Iniesta next.,

Last edited:
Sky Italia have just confirmed Juventus have no intention to sell Vidal, think that should end it all.

Unless he wants to leave. They also want Evra and Nani, so United are keeping tabs.

I'll die laughing if Juventus exchange Vidal for the world-class pair of Evra and Nani

I'll die laughing if Juventus exchange Vidal for the world-class pair of Evra and Nani

You laugh, but some of the logic floating around this summer has been insane. Real Madrid ready to offload Di Maria, Barca to offload Sanchez.

Vidal is a proven great player. he is the best Box to Box mid in the world. It's not overhype when he delivers time and again.

all the praise Yaya get? Vidal gets almost the same number of goals. Except Vidal can defend with the best. And he does it for club and country.

If you are all really asking for stats on Vidal, I have to question how much you've watched him, and how much you know about him.

It's got nothing to do with rep. His rep came from the fact he is an outstanding player, not the other way round. While England lauded Yaya, Vidal quietly went to Juve and began to dominate midfields in a way Yaya can only dream ( because Yaya cant actually defend well).

I actually cant believe i just had to defend Vidal. Might as well ask me to defend Iniesta next.,

I don't know much about Vidal and I have only seen few games here and there of him, honestly never saw anything that made me really think... wow he's something special. That's why I was asking the question.

Last thing I want is for us to focus on him all summer and miss out on plenty of other good players who shall be available this summer.

Reports in Germay saying we have put in offer for Ricardo Rodrigeuz for competition for Shaw, as Woody looks set to offer Evra in the deal with Nani + cash offer to help push the deal through.

I don't know much about Vidal and I have only seen few games here and there of him, honestly never saw anything that made me really think... wow he's something special. That's why I was asking the question.

Last thing I want is for us to focus on him all summer and miss out on plenty of other good players who shall be available this summer.
I watched Vidal lots when he played in the bundesliga. If he's as good as he was then, he is not overhyped

Fair enough. Put it this way: he can defend better than Carvalho and just as well as Bender ( more tackles, but less interceptions)

BUT he can also get forward and score 18 goals in 45 games. Has a strong passing game, creates a good amount of chances.
The only arguable weakness is that he gives away fouls because he is so **** aggressive. Holding mid, Box to Box, Centre mid focused on breaking into the box, he can do it all.

I watched Vidal lots when he played in the bundesliga. If he's as good as he was then, he is not overhyped

he's only got better since he left Leverkusen, his game has become much more rounded

Rodrigeuz rumours picking up with Mirror,Metro,Mail Online and Express all reporting it now.

Now this is an odd one.... we've just bought Shaw... Rodriguez is a great LB as well... but I just don't get it. They can't both start unless LVG plans to use one further forward.

Now this is an odd one.... we've just bought Shaw... Rodriguez is a great LB as well... but I just don't get it. They can't both start unless LVG plans to use one further forward.
Bit strange yes, but if Evra does go to Juve we will defo need a new LB and there will be very few about as Moreno,Bernat already leaving and we signed Shaw already and Coentrao staying at Madrid.

Back