The Manchester United Thread

We weren't even in for Sanchez as far as I'm aware. There was certainly no concrete offer there for him.

I think we need a marquee signing, Di Maria would fit that....

I dont like the idea/name of "marquee" signing tho I know what you mean/Im not blaming you.

Yes we need real world class signings (and Ander and Shaw are not that - yet?) who are potential game changers. So I agree - if we snag Di Maria (and OH GOD PLEASE GOD! VIDAL) then we will be ****** awesome, and only one player short of having a fearsome squad (a decent cb - and having bought the 4 others in for big money) I wouldnt mind if we dont bring in a Hummels/Mangala ...

Would be tight if we have to get a new CB,CM,LB coz if Di Maria does come for bout 45-50m that will take spending to 100m+

We cud sell Young, Nani, Ando, Bebe, Fellaini and Chicharito (tho I dont want to see the last one leave) to get at least 30m ...

Few reports started popping up that we are in advanced talks for a double deal for 75m Hummels and Di Maria.:)

what he tweeting hes coming to us or just not tweeting in german?

No he usually always tweets in German but last night done it in English.. I have no idea why... but that's optimistic that he's coming right? :P

No he usually always tweets in German but last night done it in English.. I have no idea why... but that's optimistic that he's coming right? :P
wow thats a bit weak would love to have in but just cant see it may be wrong

I dont like the idea/name of "marquee" signing tho I know what you mean/Im not blaming you.

Yes we need real world class signings (and Ander and Shaw are not that - yet?) who are potential game changers. So I agree - if we snag Di Maria (and OH GOD PLEASE GOD! VIDAL) then we will be ****** awesome, and only one player short of having a fearsome squad (a decent cb - and having bought the 4 others in for big money) I wouldnt mind if we dont bring in a Hummels/Mangala ...

We need the right players who can perform. I dont care if they cost £30m of £3m. What matters is they get the job done.

Mangala? No thanks. I'd genuinely rather have Vermaelen. This idea that they must be world class is well over used. We've done pretty well in the last 25 years, with World Class players being bought in the minority.

Last edited:
Don't let our Ed here you with all this negativeness he will beat you down with his war chest:P Maybe Rodriguez or Blind to replace Evra.

I'd choose Blind because he can play multiple positions well.

I'm eagerly anticipating how some of the players like him do tonight against a tricky Argentina.

No we dont. We need the right players who can perform. I dont care if they cost £30m of £3m. What matters is they get the job done.

Mangala? No thanks. I'd genuinely rather have Vermaelen

Can't argue that Hummels and Di Maria wouldn't be super signings for us though.

Back