The Manchester United Thread

Could do with really signing an experienced defender now though. Losing Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra in one go isn't perfect by any means.

I know man.. it just doesn't make sense... worst possible time to lose Evra after the former two have left as well.

He would of been the perfect tutor for Shaw and his experience is valuable.

Could do with really signing an experienced defender now though. Losing Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra in one go isn't perfect by any means.

Could use experienced somebody. Those 3 and Giggs, basically losing entire leadership in one window.

One thing I do find a bit odd... is that would we really be willing to negotiate at all with Juventus for Evra if they completely blocked us out for Vidal? Something tells me not.

We had a one way ability to activate his contraxt (ie he couldnt stop us ) we did so to make sure we didnt lose him immediately on a free). The club do want to keep him, but I think he wants to go.

We had a one way ability to activate his contraxt (ie he couldnt stop us ) we did so to make sure we didnt lose him immediately on a free). The club do want to keep him, but I think he wants to go.

Yeah lot of positives to be gained especially by selling to Juve. Sell him bit cheaper and build relationship so getting Vidal easier next summer as I believe he wont move this summer and at same time replace Evra with Blind.

Yeah lot of positives to be gained especially by selling to Juve. Sell him bit cheaper and build relationship so getting Vidal easier next summer as I believe he wont move this summer and at same time replace Evra with Blind.

We dont want him next summer.. This is the one we have to rebuild. If we don't get him now I'll imagine it will be strootman in January.

We dont want him next summer.. This is the one we have to rebuild. If we don't get him now I'll imagine it will be strootman in January.

Doesn't really matter for them. Vidal if available will get lots of interest from about all the top clubs. Doesn't really make sense for Juve to sell now as there arent really any top players they could sign after and they will look to push on in CL.

Doesn't really matter for them. Vidal if available will get lots of interest from about all the top clubs. Doesn't really make sense for Juve to sell now as there arent really any top players they could sign after and they will look to push on in CL.

Not really as many top clubs are well stocked in midfield and are looking elsewhere even if they want a CM. (Real - Kroos)

Juve have long been open to selling one or the other, for the right price. They would rather not, but they are open to it.

I hope to **** Louie doesn't bring that complete wank Robben here with him. They would have won tonight if he actually ******* passed the ball, instead of taking people on, knowing full on ******* well that he would lose it, losing his team possession and eventually the ******* match. What a ****** arsehole. Bauld, self wank *******.

/Rant.

Juve have long been open to selling one or the other, for the right price. They would rather not, but they are open to it.

According to James Ducker were not happy with 36'm valuation.. Ludicrous if true that's great price.

Once again De Vrij was very impressive. He is also good on the ball for a CB. Not sure why we aren't linked with him. THere were few rumors but those were without any substance.

Once again De Vrij was very impressive. He is also good on the ball for a CB. Not sure why we aren't linked with him. THere were few rumors but those were without any substance.

We weren't linked with Herrera too, but we did manage to get him xD De Vrij would be a really good addition, no doubt, but the one place where experience can't go amiss is defence. Our defence has Jones and Smalling who have been played out of position and are still young. Evans is experienced, but injury-prone, and does make silly errors at times. Micheal Keane is young too. Some experience in our defense wouldn't go amiss, especially considering the fact that Evra may leave too. Which is probably why de Vrij is more a backup option atm, incase other targets don't work out..

We weren't linked with Herrera too, but we did manage to get him xD De Vrij would be a really good addition, no doubt, but the one place where experience can't go amiss is defence. Our defence has Jones and Smalling who have been played out of position and are still young. Evans is experienced, but injury-prone, and does make silly errors at times. Micheal Keane is young too. Some experience in our defense wouldn't go amiss, especially considering the fact that Evra may leave too. Which is probably why de Vrij is more a backup option atm, incase other targets don't work out..

Yeah, experienced player would be good for defense as all our defenders are young including GK.

Saying that in terms of age they are young but they are at United for many seasons so you would expect them to step up and take responsibility isn't it?

De Gea has around 5 years of experience playing at top level.
Rafael was regular since 2008-09 season, so he has already spent 6 years at club.
Jones and Smalling has 3-4 years of experience playing at top level.
Evans 6+.
Shaw is the only inexperienced player.

I wouldn't mind experienced player as CB but if not I would expect players like Jones, Evans, Smalling and especially Rafael to step up. In a way it's good as it might make them even better players.

Back