The Manchester United Thread

Agree would love for us to get Blind if Evra does go, sure we could get for about 8-12m. And like Zzeezzy and Mike have pointed out can fill various rolls. Thought might have heard something this week with the squad flying out on tour, but meh still plenty of time :)

Because they are the right signings, as well as being top of the line.

Yeh but I think it's been well reported Woodward has wanted that marquee signing to kind of brag about... him and Gill don't get on at all and nor did he get on with Fergie. In some ways it wouldn't surprise me if he went back for Pogba just to prove a point.

It would be nice for once to see we have got the icing on the cake for a change rather than the middle layer... that would certainly apply with say Di Maria. Or having a Hummels instead of Vermealen.

Yeh but I think it's been well reported Woodward has wanted that marquee signing to kind of brag about... him and Gill don't get on at all and nor did he get on with Fergie. In some ways it wouldn't surprise me if he went back for Pogba just to prove a point.

It would be nice for once to see we have got the icing on the cake for a change rather than the middle layer... that would certainly apply with say Di Maria. Or having a Hummels instead of Vermealen.

Woody is LVG's *****.

Woody is LVG's *****.

Yeh I'm really intrigued as to whether LVG really wanted Herrera and Shaw or whether they were too far down the line to go back on.. you would imagine surely he was still able to have a say.

Yeh I'm really intrigued as to whether LVG really wanted Herrera and Shaw or whether they were too far down the line to go back on.. you would imagine surely he was still able to have a say.

Obviously LVG had a say ... Even Woody isn't stupid enough to go out and buy players on his own without consulting the manager. That is a recipe for disaster

Obviously LVG had a say ... Even Woody isn't stupid enough to go out and buy players on his own without consulting the manager. That is a recipe for disaster

Shaw had been in the pipeline way before LVG was appointed though, Herrera not sure about because that caught everyone off-guard.

Shaw had been in the pipeline way before LVG was appointed though, Herrera not sure about because that caught everyone off-guard.

Van Gaal was happy for Shaw to be bought, and he was the one who asked for Herrera to re targeted. Herrera has been on clubs radar from before he smashed us for Bilbao

Van Gaal was happy for Shaw to be bought, and he was the one who asked for Herrera to re targeted. Herrera has been on clubs radar from before he smashed us for Bilbao

Oh right, I was just curious because they didn't seem like the obvious targets LVG would go for. I am very happy with them don't get me wrong but I thought they seemed more from the Moyes reign than anything.

[h=1]From Turin: Manchester United can complete Vidal deal for €50m inc Nani[/h]
The major Italian sport newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport have been publishing stories for over a week alluding to Juventus softening on the idea of a Arturo Vidal sale. Turin newspaper Tuttosport have not been so convinced that a transfer is possible, which should be no surprise. Tuttosport concentrate mainly on Juventus and are of course biased in their reporting a lot of the time, the idea that their local team could lose arguably its best player was not one they wanted to take seriously.
Things are changing and even Tuttosport now accept that a move could happen. Their piece on the situation starts by explaining that Juventus are erecting a wall around Vidal and Paul Pogba to try and stop anyone buying them. Not a literal wall, well probably not anyway.
However, they end the piece by explaining that a bid totalling €50m would be sufficient for Juventus because it would allow them to strengthen their team and compensate for the lose of the Chilean midfielder. And Tuttosport say that the €50m doesn't have to be all cash, it can be made up of cash and players.
Juventus have long been reportedly interested in Luis Nani but have never been able to do a deal for the Manchester United player. Antonio Conte's dream for this transfer window was Alexis Sanchez and that now looks unlikely, with Arsenal beating them to it. Nani would be an alternative to add attacking threat from wide positions and the Turin newspaper reckon Manchester United will add him into the deal.
If it adds up to €50m then Manchester United have met what Juventus need for Vidal, according to Tuttosport, and a deal can be completed.
Manchester United would probably want to value Nani at more than Juventus but a figure of around €15m/£12m would seen to be reasonable for the 27 year old Portuguese international. That would bring the cash difference down to €35m which sounds perfectly manageable for the Premier League club. A deal of £28m plus Nani sounds like something of a steal given the winger's past season(s). There is no doubt that Nani is very talented and a move may be the best thing for him.
Swap deals and using players as part payment is more common in Italian football but it's always difficult to pull these things off, getting agreement from all agents and players involved can be tricky to do at the same time. It could be that one deal is done before the other, should Tuttosport's theory turn out to be reality.

As much as I dislike Man United I really hope they do sign Vidal just to see him in the prem every week he will tear it up

LVG is well known for demanding a high level of control. He wouldn't settle for just being given signings.

One thing I do find a bit odd... is that would we really be willing to negotiate at all with Juventus for Evra if they completely blocked us out for Vidal? Something tells me not.

LVG is well known for demanding a high level of control. He wouldn't settle for just being given signings.

Yeh it's just quite funny as they were Moyes targets as well. Saying that Moyes is usually respectable with transfers... but sadly we panicked with Fellaini.

One thing I do find a bit odd... is that would we really be willing to negotiate at all with Juventus for Evra if they completely blocked us out for Vidal? Something tells me not.

Why not? He served club for 8 years and if anything he deserves to go where he wants. I'm sure club won't stand in his way if there is a small issue of transfer fee.

Why not? He served club for 8 years and if anything he deserves to go where he wants. I'm sure club won't stand in his way if there is a small issue of transfer fee.

I don't think it was our intention to let him go though... Shaw brought in admittedly.. but he just had 1 year extension and we need more than 1 LB.

I just think this is a sweetener for Vidal personally... something seems a bit weird about it to me.

Could do with really signing an experienced defender now though. Losing Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra in one go isn't perfect by any means.

Back