The Manchester United Thread

Times reported that we will make bid for Ricardo Rodriguez if Evra leaves. Not sure that he will be happy with back up role or even Shaw would be.

Only way to make it work is play them both on the left side of the pitch with Rodriguez as LW.

Times reported that we will make bid for Ricardo Rodriguez if Evra leaves. Not sure that he will be happy with back up role or even Shaw would be.

Only way to make it work is play them both on the left side of the pitch with Rodriguez as LW.

Wonder if we go for Rodriguez why so and not Blind? I'd prefer Blind, gives us options in multiple positions.

Once again De Vrij was very impressive. He is also good on the ball for a CB. Not sure why we aren't linked with him. THere were few rumors but those were without any substance.

Yeh De Vrij is awesome, already captained Holland at such a young age.. so they obviously highly-rate him. I'd take him, but I imagine he'd cost a fair bit.

He must of reported it somewhere.. I just can't find it directly. It's insane though if it's true, I'd literally run to Turin and give them if they only wanted 36m for Vidal.

Wonder if we go for Rodriguez why so and not Blind? I'd prefer Blind, gives us options in multiple positions.

Yeah, only reason I can think of is playing both on left flank.

Yeh De Vrij is awesome, already captained Holland at such a young age.. so they obviously highly-rate him. I'd take him, but I imagine he'd cost a fair bit.

He was very impressive. Very calm on the ball too.

Btw did anyone notice how good Netherlands were so good defensively with such an average defenders?

Only 3 goals conceded in Groups stages against teams like Spain and Chile. Out of 3, 2 were controversial penalties.
Conceded only 1 goal in 3 KO games. They also played 120 mins against Costa Rica and Argentina.

That's a great defensive record but shame though as they weren't that good attacking in KO rounds.

He must of reported it somewhere.. I just can't find it directly. It's insane though if it's true, I'd literally run to Turin and give them if they only wanted 36m for Vidal.
Juventus have basically bought Juan Iturbe for 25m€ and Morata for 20m€.. And Juventus ain't the richest club around, even not the richest in Serie A (Napoli..) So they need to offload one of their magic 3 on midfield. Specially if they want to buy another winger for 4-3-3.

Juventus have basically bought Juan Iturbe for 25m€ and Morata for 20m€.. And Juventus ain't the richest club around, even not the richest in Serie A (Napoli..) So they need to offload one of their magic 3 on midfield. Specially if they want to buy another winger for 4-3-3.

Yeah, they spent around 50 Million and not sure how good they are financially. Almost all Italian teams are in **** state financially but Juve might be the exception as they own their stadium and are ahead of other teams.

Yeah, they spent around 50 Million and not sure how good they are financially. Almost all Italian teams are in **** state financially but Juve might be the exception as they own their stadium and are ahead of other teams.
They are not. They might be stable, but they cannot spend that much without earning nearly as much. So if they spend over 10 millions, chances are they are going to sell someone to cover that.

Btw did anyone notice how good Netherlands were so good defensively with such an average defenders?

Only 3 goals conceded in Groups stages against teams like Spain and Chile. Out of 3, 2 were controversial penalties.
Conceded only 1 goal in 3 KO games. They also played 120 mins against Costa Rica and Argentina.

That's a great defensive record but shame though as they weren't that good attacking in KO rounds.

What do you expect? 3 center backs and 2 wing backs, they're practically playing 5 at the back. And the central midfield isn't very adventurous either.

Semi-Final's was definitely a huge-over achievement with that Holland squad.. on paper at least, don't care what anyone says. One of the worst I've seen in a long long long while.

Semi-Final's was definitely a huge-over achievement with that Holland squad.. on paper at least, don't care what anyone says. One of the worst I've seen in a long long long while.

There were not really expected to do more than compete with Chile for second spot. RE Vidal, for as long as ive looked, thats the price i keep seeing ( well 45m euros, so whatever you conversion rate is at the time.)

What do you expect? 3 center backs and 2 wing backs, they're practically playing 5 at the back. And the central midfield isn't very adventurous either.

Then how did they score 2nd highest number of goals in the WC.

Then how did they score 2nd highest number of goals in the WC.

Because statistics can be misleading.

2014%2f7%2fStalemate-Top-imagev2.jpg

Because statistics can be misleading.

It's not a misleading stat. It's a factual statement. Even in group stages they played 5-3-2 and scored lot of goals.

In KO they were very cautious, all teams were. Still that doesn't change the fact that Netherlands playing 5-3-2 scored 2nd most goals and arguable the best defensive performance.

Back