The Manchester United Thread

Fellaini_zpsaa823b23.jpg

Don't get me wrong, he did well but hardly a huge huge over-achievement. A lot of the supposed 'big teams' have average squads as well. Good job by LVG nonetheless

Actually it is. They were not expected to get out of the group stage. And he did it after being forced to rip up his original plan 2 games before they went because he lost his key man.

1. Fellaini has platted his hair, pretty sure he hasn't shaved it off.

2. Red Issue are reporting that Louis van Gaal has decided to make Wayne Rooney captain for next season.

Spain were winners and Holland beat them 5-1 in this tournament.. I guess that must be classed as a hand of god piece of work.

It would be classed as a god piece of work if they actually played this good for the rest of the tournament. Unfortunately after the first game they were pisspoor. Struggled vs. Australia, had problems vs. Chile, barely made it past Mexico, took to pens to beat Costarica and they were completely shut down by Argentina.

Like I already said, some of you people have started widly masturbating about Van Gaal's as soon as he signed for United. Guy farts in the wind and its immediately hailed as genius tactics. I happen to think he's a great manager, but the truth is, the Dutch haven't been that impressive at the World Cup. At all. They were one-man team that got cockblocked as soon as Robben got cockblocked. Their offensive record is hilariously bad and their defensive record may be great, but that's because they kept 8 people behind the ball at all times.

It would be classed as a god piece of work if they actually played this good for the rest of the tournament. Unfortunately after the first game they were pisspoor. Struggled vs. Australia, had problems vs. Chile, barely made it past Mexico, took to pens to beat Costarica and they were completely shut down by Argentina.

Like I already said, some of you people have started widly masturbating about Van Gaal's as soon as he signed for United. Guy farts in the wind and its immediately hailed as genius tactics. I happen to think he's a great manager, but the truth is, the Dutch haven't been that impressive at the World Cup. At all. They were one-man team that got cockblocked as soon as Robben got cockblocked. Their offensive record is hilariously bad and their defensive record may be great, but that's because they kept 8 people behind the ball at all times.

Ridiculous post, even by your standards. Actually planned on giving it a proper answer, but it frankly doesnt deserve it.

Ridiculous post, even by your standards. Actually planned on giving it a proper answer, but it frankly doesnt deserve it.

Nope, its happens to be very accurate description for his WC campaign.

Apparently we've agreed to let Evra go to Juve. Not followed it closely outside of the transfer part, but United have been open to it because of his family?

Apparently we've agreed to let Evra go to Juve. Not followed it closely outside of the transfer part, but United have been open to it because of his family?

More to the point, Juve needs to balance the books as they have signed Morata and are close to Iturbe. Surely they have to let Vidal go if they can't get a massive bid for Pogba?

I think it's due to his wife or something... I honestly don't have much a clue why he wants to leave... maybe he feels he's had his day at United.. to be fair he has.

No man, you don't get to bend statistic as you like and then comment like that. No, that bending was your 'weapon' in this argument, and you lost it. You do that a lot, how do you like when someone else is doing that. And whats the point even in all this gibberish you're saying?

To be fair you guys are giving LvG a little too much credit. Can't say I blame you though; after this season, any signs of positivity at United must be encouraging.

I'm still slightly confused why we got rid of Buttner if it was the plan to let Evra go elsewhere if an offer came in. Buttner would of been more than good alternative option and I thought he was good against Bayern Munich in CL and deserved more chances.

I'm still slightly confused why we got rid of Buttner if it was the plan to let Evra go elsewhere if an offer came in. Buttner would of been more than good alternative option and I thought he was good against Bayern Munich in CL and deserved more chances.

He didn't want to work with Van Gaal is the reason.

Back