The Manchester United Thread

Our team was built upon that, and we perfected it, so I don't mind..

Thats hardly the point though. All I am saying is that to even get as far as the semi-finals, LVG had to rely on a heavy dose of luck as well and it's not solely due to his 'tactical brilliance' as some people would have us believe. Again I think he did a good job but the way some people go on about it, you would think he brought Syria to the WC semi-finals or something

Also the swapping of the goalkeepers was hailed as a brilliant move ... Then I read that the Dutch 1st choice goalkeeper had NEVER saved a penalty in his professional career. It was really just a pragmatic move. How is it any different from managers swapping in a better penalty-taker for a worse one towards the end of extra time?

Also, remember how he was supposed to be able to bring the best out of Van Persie?.

2014%2f7%2fRvPDutch.jpg

Total of 6 shots and one pass in last 3 games, two of which went to extra time.

Unbelievable.

I can turn it around on you and say that many United fans exaggerate LVG's achievements in the WC simply because he is a United manager. He did a good job, very good job but let's not pretend it was the miracle of the decade or something

You can turn it around and say anything. Who cares.

No one said it was miracle. Stop posting nonsense. Also very rich coming from Chelsea fan who hails Jose as genius even when he farts on bench.

Well you spent 30 million on him ... In the context of the amount of money that is thrown around football at this level, does an extra £2m really matter?

It was 27Million plus 1 Million add on.

Also, remember how he was supposed to be able to bring the best out of Van Persie?.

Unbelievable.

Top scorer or one of the top scorer in qualifying stages isn't it.

Pathetic.

Now its 32 Million. You just have to love the opposition fans and the numbers they post everytime. Just like how Rooney all of a sudden went from 180K to 300K per week.

But... he did. He IS on £300k a week. That's official lol. It was reported the day after he signed his contract. Newspapers might talk complete and utter rubbish sometimes, but it's against the law for them to completely fabricate something.

BBC Sport - Wayne Rooney: Man Utd striker signs new £300k-a-week deal
Wayne Rooney signs new £300,000-a-week long-term contract at United | Mail Online

Thats hardly the point though. All I am saying is that to even get as far as the semi-finals, LVG had to rely on a heavy dose of luck as well and it's not solely due to his 'tactical brilliance' as some people would have us believe. Again I think he did a good job but the way some people go on about it, you would think he brought Syria to the WC semi-finals or something

Just tell us how much to praise him so that we will do that. After that you can stop posting nonsense in this thread.

Also the swapping of the goalkeepers was hailed as a brilliant move ... Then I read that the Dutch 1st choice goalkeeper had NEVER saved a penalty in his professional career. It was really just a pragmatic move. How is it any different from managers swapping in a better penalty-taker for a worse one towards the end of extra time?

It was a brilliant move and the move no one thought would be happening.

But... he did. He IS on £300k a week. That's official lol. It was reported the day after he signed his contract. Newspapers might talk complete and utter rubbish sometimes, but it's against the law for them to completely fabricate something.

BBC Sport - Wayne Rooney: Man Utd striker signs new £300k-a-week deal
Wayne Rooney signs new £300,000-a-week long-term contract at United | Mail Online

It's against law to fabricate something.

How about Daily mail posting interview of Pogba when he said he never gave one.
Same thing happened with Ronaldo.

I have posted Guardian reports which posted 180 K and then jumped to 250K per week. All guess work and nothing more.

Unbelievable.

Re this again, he scored 11 goals and Netherlands played 10 games. Not sure if he played in all the games.
Plus 3 goals in 5 games in World cup. So that's 14 goals in 15 games (it's less than that). Yeah unbelievable.

It should also be against the law to publish the Daily Mail. Such an appalling newspaper along with the Express

Btw, there are rumors that we will get 75 Million from Adidas and also Chevrolet deal is worth around 52-53 Million. It's around 125 Million just from kit deals. I think the previous combination was around 50-60 Million. That's some jump.

The next renewal of Madrid, Bayern and Barca would be interesting.

Apart from these 22.5 Million for naming training ground rights. I think this also includes AON name on training kits, before it was DHL who paid 10 Million for sponsorship.

Would be interesting to see the financial figures for this season and also next as the new kit deal will start from 2015.

It was a brilliant move and the move no one thought would be happening.

Just because no one expected it doesn't make it a brilliant move. How is it any different from a manager who brings on a player who is better at taking penalties for a player who is worse at them towards the end of extra time?

You can turn it around and say anything. Who cares.

No one said it was miracle. Stop posting nonsense. Also very rich coming from Chelsea fan who hails Jose as genius even when he farts on bench.

It was 27Million plus 1 Million add on.

1. The way some people go on about him in this thread, it certainly feels like it. Yeah I do exaggerate Jose's qualities and get beaten down for it by you lot right? Why can't you admit it when the same behaviour is exhibited by United fans in regards to LVG?

2. £28m, £30m or £32m ... How does it even matter? £4m is loose change in the transfer market at the highest level so no idea why you are so defensive about it

It's against law to fabricate something.

How about Daily mail posting interview of Pogba when he said he never gave one.
Same thing happened with Ronaldo.

I have posted Guardian reports which posted 180 K and then jumped to 250K per week. All guess work and nothing more.

Out of pure curiousity, if it's all guess work by the newspapers ... What do you reckon his wages are?

Just because no one expected it doesn't make it a brilliant move. How is it any different from a manager who brings on a player who is better at taking penalties for a player who is worse at them towards the end of extra time?

How many times did you see it happening? I mean changing GK. Changing player for better penalty taker is a norm, that's why no one praised Sir Alex Ferguson when he brought on Anderson in 2008. It is completely different bringing GK for your #1 GK.

1. The way some people go on about him in this thread, it certainly feels like it. Yeah I do exaggerate Jose's qualities and get beaten down for it by you lot right? Why can't you admit it when the same behaviour is exhibited by United fans in regards to LVG?

2. £28m, £30m or £32m ... How does it even matter? £4m is loose change in the transfer market at the highest level so no idea why you are so defensive about it

I dont remember anyone saying anything different when you lot go on about Jose for whatever reasons. People only blame Jose when he does some stupid things, not for Chelsea fans praising him for everything.

Btw did you read any of the player's interviews and what they had to say about LVG? Everyone credited LVG for the preparation work, from GK to Kuyt everyone praised his prep work and tactics. So it's not just papers and fans but also players, they feel LVG has done brilliant job.

So 28M and 32M are about same? Ok. I'm not defensive, just that you started the same game again.

Out of pure curiousity, if it's all guess work by the newspapers ... What do you reckon his wages are?

I don't know and I don't take figures posted by newspaper as gospel and start a debate on it. At least for English clubs as they don't publish the figures. Italian clubs publish the wages though.

for example, people posting Rooney is on 300k, Telegraph posted article on Rooney's wages and how ManUtd did a very good job at it. So any opposition fan even think of that article before posting **** like he is on 300K per week lol? No. So players wages are not as straight forward. Like I said Guardian posted Rooney's wages as 180K and for some reason year after they started with 250K. Weeks later they even said 300K. It's just to trick to create mini sensation on wages.

Last edited:

2014%2f7%2fRvPDutch.jpg

Unbelievable.

Right... but you ignore that he came off a totally injury-plagued season firstly and secondly the only stat that truely matters for a striker 3 goals in 6 games... yes that's really terrible isn't it?

Please stop posting these crappy pointless posts because you clearly just want to keep digging, no one said it was a miracle or anything else, they just said it was a great achievement to get them to the semi's.

How many times did you see it happening? I mean changing GK. Changing player for better penalty taker is a norm, that's why no one praised Sir Alex Ferguson when he brought on Anderson in 2008. It is completely different bringing GK for your #1 GK.

I dont remember anyone saying anything different when you lot go on about Jose for whatever reasons. People only blame Jose when he does some stupid things, not for Chelsea fans praising him for everything.

Btw did you read any of the player's interviews and what they had to say about LVG? Everyone credited LVG for the preparation work, from GK to Kuyt everyone praised his prep work and tactics. So it's not just papers and fans but also players, they feel LVG has done brilliant job.

So 28M and 32M are about same? Ok. I'm not defensive, just that you started the same game again.

I don't know and I don't take figures posted by newspaper as gospel and start a debate on it. At least for English clubs as they don't publish the figures. Italian clubs publish the wages though.

for example, people posting Rooney is on 300k, Telegraph posted article on Rooney's wages and how ManUtd did a very good job at it. So any opposition fan even think of that article before posting **** like he is on 300K per week lol? No. So players wages are not as straight forward. Like I said Guardian posted Rooney's wages as 180K and for some reason year after they started with 250K. Weeks later they even said 300K. It's just to trick to create mini sensation on wages.

1. Again, just because no one does it often doesn't make it a brilliant move. It really is no different from a manager bringing on a better penalty taker. Also the Dutch #1 GK had never saved a penalty in his entire career apparently so that probably explains even more why it was a pragmatic rather than gutsy move

2. I agree that LVG has done a very good job. In fact, might even be the best manager in this WC ... I just wish people would tone down on the hyperbole a bit and stop making everything he farts look like liquid gold. Also if you think Chelsea fans don't get criticized for blindly worshipping Jose then you are very mistaken

1. Again, just because no one does it often doesn't make it a brilliant move. It really is no different from a manager bringing on a better penalty taker. Also the Dutch #1 GK had never saved a penalty in his entire career apparently so that probably explains even more why it was a pragmatic rather than gutsy move

2. I agree that LVG has done a very good job. In fact, might even be the best manager in this WC ... I just wish people would tone down on the hyperbole a bit and stop making everything he farts look like liquid gold. Also if you think Chelsea fans don't get criticized for blindly worshipping Jose then you are very mistaken

The only two who are making it out like we are is you and Tyton... yet we've only said it was a great achievement to get Holland to the semi's with an under-whelming team. But suddenly it's something totally different and we're making LVG seem like king?

Back