The Manchester United Thread

Only too right mate!!! I am honestly flattered that you actually remember stuff that I said 6 months ago. Genuinely flattered haha ... Even I had forgotten about it lol. Please remind us all of this discussion 6 months later as well :D

I remember them as we argue pages about it. Good that you are not refuting it. ;)

I wonder what formation LVG will be using and which other signings he will make for United. (Y)

I reckon a new CB has to be our priority now we need a leader type after losing out on our two most experienced CB's :(

But... he did. He IS on £300k a week. That's official lol. It was reported the day after he signed his contract. Newspapers might talk complete and utter rubbish sometimes, but it's against the law for them to completely fabricate something.

BBC Sport - Wayne Rooney: Man Utd striker signs new £300k-a-week deal
Wayne Rooney signs new £300,000-a-week long-term contract at United | Mail Online

He isnt. He's on 240k a week. What he actually gets is to negotiate own image rights, so he can take his wage beyond an average of 300k a week. United also get a cut of this. Papers fabricate things all the time.

1. The way some people go on about him in this thread, it certainly feels like it. Yeah I do exaggerate Jose's qualities and get beaten down for it by you lot right? Why can't you admit it when the same behaviour is exhibited by United fans in regards to LVG?

2. £28m, £30m or £32m ... How does it even matter? £4m is loose change in the transfer market at the highest level so no idea why you are so defensive about it

It does matter, accuracy kind of matters. Make your points valid and accurate, or go somewhere else. The amounts of times you start an argument and then start backtracking is really starting to annoy me. Either you are not thinking before you post, or you are just trolling, because you just spent the last page arguing with yourself. You created a position that no United fan had taken, and got annoyed. Sort it out or stop posting.

Last edited:
Back on a more interesting note, it appears Di Marzio saying there was no Vidal talks between Juventus and United during Evra sale. So either we're not interested in paying the amount they want (which is probably a lot more than stated as the prices are varying in virtually every report) or we've moved our attention to someone else.... not sure who else there is... but still.

Or it means we didnt talk about Vidal. One doesnt lead to the other.

Or it means we didnt talk about Vidal. One doesnt lead to the other.

Yeh.. but that kind of = what I said about our attention is elsewhere on another player. We'll only sign one of Strootman or Vidal and it is probably 99% LVG prefers Strootman.

Btw, there are rumors that we will get 75 Million from Adidas and also Chevrolet deal is worth around 52-53 Million. It's around 125 Million just from kit deals. I think the previous combination was around 50-60 Million. That's some jump.

The next renewal of Madrid, Bayern and Barca would be interesting.

Apart from these 22.5 Million for naming training ground rights. I think this also includes AON name on training kits, before it was DHL who paid 10 Million for sponsorship.

Would be interesting to see the financial figures for this season and also next as the new kit deal will start from 2015.

All these mean nothing unless and until we get the class players in.

I would not ultimately mind Arsenal buying Sanchez if we end up with Di Maria and Vidal (plus less expensive players at cb and another dm) but if we dont then its alarming that we let him go to them (and dont tell me he wanted to go to London cos thats bs).

We wont give up on Vidal, hope article has some truth to it. I really like Enzo Perez aswell hope we are still keeping tabs on him to.

Yeh I like the look of Enzo Perez to be honest. Had great few seasons and has really come on.

Rumours on Twitter saying Di Maria's agreed to a 140k a week deal.

What say you?

The Vidal rumours are more spicy at the moment though... major Chilean/South-American newspaper and on their internet article I posted few posts back have been reporting this.

The Vidal rumours are more spicy at the moment though... major Chilean/South-American newspaper and on their internet article I posted few posts back have been reporting this.
Good thing about VIDAL is that Juve will defo have to sell.

Back