The Manchester United Thread

It was genuine option saying Schneiderlin, it just sounds rather funny after all the talk of Vidal then going for someone from Southampton again.

I genuinely like him as a player, but he's hardly going to strike fear into teams or give the fans that crave of a world-class signing/statement of intent to other clubs.

It's not about just world class players, Schneiderlin works incredible hard and closes down players so well. We need a good functioning team, not team of world class players who can't play together.

Individually Rooney and RVP are miles better than Cole and Yorke but as a pair there is only 1 clear winner.

**** Mangala if we paying that much go all out for Hummels.

I'm sure we are willing to pay £30m for Hummels. It doesn't matter if Dortmund are not willing to sell. We just have to wait.

Reports saying City pulled out of Mangala deal, Chelsea and UTD favorites 32m wanted by Porto.

What? It was reported that it was a done deal and he will have medical today or tomorrow?

Hopefully they sign Mangala if that means they don't sign Benatia.

I'm sure we are willing to pay £30m for Hummels. It doesn't matter if Dortmund are not willing to sell. We just have to wait.

If we use Kagawa as a bargaining chip as well I literally fail to see how we couldn't pull it off somehow.

If we use Kagawa as a bargaining chip as well I literally fail to see how we couldn't pull it off somehow.

Quite easily: They dont want to sell one of the best defenders in the world. It's much easier to replace Kagawa than it is to replace Hummels

Quite easily: They dont want to sell one of the best defenders in the world. It's much easier to replace Kagawa than it is to replace Hummels

And the solution would be Mangala? An over-priced young defender who lacks the very thing we need with a CB which is experience. I fail to see the point in buying another young CB for that price.

And the solution would be Mangala? An over-priced young defender who lacks the very thing we need with a CB which is experience. I fail to see the point in buying another young CB for that price.
That wasnt the point I was making. The point was that its actually not as simple as throwing money at Dortmund.

That wasnt the point I was making. The point was that its actually not as simple as throwing money at Dortmund.

Maybe not, but I still think Kagawa is a good asset to offer them.. admittedly they have a lot of talent but he was sensational when he was there and was a fan favourite.

Maybe not, but I still think Kagawa is a good asset to offer them.. admittedly they have a lot of talent but he was sensational when he was there and was a fan favourite.

Yes they'd take him, but not if it ment losing Hummels unless you throw so much money to go with that they cant refuse.

Kagawa thing is overplayed a lot by ManUtd fans. Klopp likes him but to an extent to lose arguable the best CB in the world and their leader? I don't think so.

Kagawa thing is overplayed a lot by ManUtd fans. Klopp likes him but to an extent to lose arguable the best CB in the world and their leader? I don't think so.

Appeases the fans though if they are bringing a former favourite player back + getting cash from the deal, what we really need is Dortmund scouts, they always get great players to replace the ones that leave. :P

Appeases the fans though if they are bringing a former favourite player back + getting cash from the deal, what we really need is Dortmund scouts, they always get great players to replace the ones that leave. :P

I don't think fans would be happy to see Hummels sold. They have plenty of attackers and no one of Hummels quality in defense.

I don't think fans would be happy to see Hummels sold. They have plenty of attackers and no one of Hummels quality in defense.

They've already ****** them off enough with Mario Gotze.. mayswell do it a bit more.

Edit: I originally said Lewandowski but I remembered that was due to his contract running down.

Last edited:

They've already replaced Kagawa. They would be a lot more annoyed losing Hummels.

They've already replaced Kagawa. They would be a lot more annoyed losing Hummels.

I think he wants the move personally, can't be much satisfaction being in a club which is content on being second best and constantly has players moving from them to Bayern Munich who are already strong enough as it is, without helping them even more.

Problem is Hummels don't want the move that much, hes at a club he loves working for a manager he like working with, in a good league and one of Dortmunds top earners. He may want to leave at some time maybe just not yet. On other news did you guys know that Charni Ekangamene has joined Zulte Waregem.

Back