The Manchester United Thread

Paulinho and Ramires are top of the list.

Paulinho wasn't mentioned by Juve paper at all. Maybe finally they will sign Guarin or change their formation to 4-3-3.

They are signing Evra so Asamoah will be back to midfield, Asamoah, Marchisio, Pirlo, Pogba as midfield options.

Rumors that he is open to move but wouldn't push for a move. So it's upto ManUtd to strike a deal with Dortmund which is not possible.

Yup. Dortmund are not a selling team. Kagawa was United fan, Gotze had a clause that allowed him to be poached, and Lewa got ****** when they didn't offer him contract on the level of best German players and set his mind to leave. Club didn't have much say in these transfers - for others they will fight tooth and nail.

Paulinho wasn't mentioned by Juve paper at all. Maybe finally they will sign Guarin or change their formation to 4-3-3.

They are signing Evra so Asamoah will be back to midfield, Asamoah, Marchisio, Pirlo, Pogba as midfield options.

Now that Sanchez is off the market ... Don't you reckon Juventus have less incentive to sell Vidal? Haven't heard of them being interested in other targets

Paulinho was mentioned in couple british media.

Now that Sanchez is off the market ... Don't you reckon Juventus have less incentive to sell Vidal? Haven't heard of them being interested in other targets

They've always been open to selling one of the two big mids for the right price if the player wanted the move.

Rumors that they are signing Iturbe for 27-29 Million and Morata for 22 Million. Add Evra to this and that takes their spending to 50 Million. Also Conte complained about lack of transfer funds (apparently) but still spent 50 Million. They have made 20 Million back by selling players. So who knows, from what I read here and other places Juve should sell to balance books.

Paulinho was mentioned in couple british media.

Yeah, Telegraph mentioned it but Juve paper didn't. Not sure about it though.

Last time I checked Sanchez wasn't a midfielder... it hardly relates, what does matter is that he's 27 and it's now or never to get a good price for him. Sure they could sell him in a season or two, but won't get near as much. Juventus need the money if they want to invest in the squad... part of the problem with Sanchez is they just couldn't match the wages so they won't be able to do that with anyone else good in the future unless they part ways with a good player for a reasonable amount of dough.

So what do people think to our pre season fixtures? Some very top class opponents, wonder if LVG had any say in this, no easy games what so ever before season starts. Suppose will only be good prep for the new season.

Marca also claiming that his Agent was finalizing the deal in Manchester this weekend, after being in the UK to complete Sanchez deal.

Last time I checked Sanchez wasn't a midfielder... it hardly relates, what does matter is that he's 27 and it's now or never to get a good price for him. Sure they could sell him in a season or two, but won't get near as much. Juventus need the money if they want to invest in the squad... part of the problem with Sanchez is they just couldn't match the wages so they won't be able to do that with anyone else good in the future unless they part ways with a good player for a reasonable amount of dough.

The reason I brought up Sanchez was because the main premise of Vidal even being available in the first place was that Juventus needed the funds to make a proper go at signing Sanchez. I agree with you though on the rest ... They probably need to sell in order to balance the books

LOL City lost there 1st pre season game today against Dundee. Know its only pre season but played strong team. LOL

Mourinho believes while there has been many good managers in Brazil this summer, van Gaal has been number one for him due to the way he has led the Dutch.

Mourinho told reporters : “Vahid [Halilhodzic], [Miguel] Herrera, [Jorge] Sampaoli, [Jorge Luis] Pinto, Jurgen [Klinsmann], [Jose] Pekerman – all of them [have been] fantastic.

“But if I had to choose one, because I think he did a fantastic job with a team that, in my opinion, was not strong enough to reach where they got to, I would choose Louis van Gaal.”

Wenger and now Jose.

Back