The Manchester United Thread

Club announcement - Official Manchester United Website

Club statement, first time I'm seeing club announcing the sponsorship value. 75 million minimum per year, add Chevrolet deal of 50-53 Million we are making around 130 Million just from the shirt.

Holy jesus christ that's a statement and a half, blown everyone out the water with that, Woodward done a blinder there. I'm really pleased we have Adidas they make nice shirts usually.

Vidal is exploding... literally... twitter... everywhere... I'm losing the will to live if this doesn't happen now.

Chelsea signed deal last season and it was worth 300 Million, 1 year later we are signing a deal that is worth minimum 750 Million which means it might rise.

Also as per rumors more to come. casual clothing line might be separate from the kit deal

Chelsea signed deal last season and it was worth 300 Million, 1 year later we are signing a deal that is worth minimum 750 Million which means it might rise.

Also as per rumors more to come. casual clothing line might be separate from the kit deal

Someone needs to make Woodward the the chancellor of the ****** exchequer

Because you have a huge global following with incredible pull in the Asian market. It's not especially surprising for you to get a lot more for your kit rights tbh.

is he saying mangala is coming to us cos i thought he was off to city?

Don't know really, not even sure if he's a verified, could be a fake... hard to believe it.

I'm assuming he means Magala to City or Vidal to United.

Because you have a huge global following with incredible pull in the Asian market. It's not especially surprising for you to get a lot more for your kit rights tbh.

But more than 1.5 times more?

Madrid signed Adidas deal in 2012 and that was for 30 Million per year, this deal which is 2.5 times more minimum is surprising and way OTT

Apparently James Ducker said on a webchat he done just now that we're not actively pursuing Vidal at this moment.

My excitement was very quickly over.

Mangala is City bound! Tip my hat to Woody he sure knows how to bring in the Wonga, that's a who load of cash just for the shirt alone, smashing everyone! Also heard about Vidal could be done by Thurs, has really exploaded on Twitter today, and bookies have either stopped taking bets or odds are very low. Also Feyernoord have just signed new CB, and reports saying it will pave the way for Indi or De Vrij possibly both. :)

Holy jesus christ that's a statement and a half, blown everyone out the water with that, Woodward done a blinder there. I'm really pleased we have Adidas they make nice shirts usually.

Yeh well, one more reason why not getting the real world class talent in (Vidal and Di Maria/Reus) would be INEXCUSABLE!

My mate at work was saying in a UTD Forum he was on in the office, it said Welbeck could possibly be off to Madrid with Hernandez leaving and Henriquez and Wilson going out on loan, is why were being linked with Cavani. Any truth?

Well well well, just a couple years after FFP was introduced it seems as if my prediction of it massively favouring the big clubs keeping them big and causing a much bigger gap between them and the rest is showing itself already! Man Utd sign a £750million shirt sponsorship deal with Adidas, double prize money thanks to BT Sport's injection of cash to air Premier League matches, Man City buying clubs abroad in the US and Australia and teams forming more partnerships with global businesses. Football is now well and truly not the fans game, its a money game and Fifa has not helped this in the slightest.

Well well well, just a couple years after FFP was introduced it seems as if my prediction of it massively favouring the big clubs keeping them big and causing a much bigger gap between them and the rest is showing itself already! Man Utd sign a £750million shirt sponsorship deal with Adidas, double prize money thanks to BT Sport's injection of cash to air Premier League matches, Man City buying clubs abroad in the US and Australia and teams forming more partnerships with global businesses. Football is now well and truly not the fans game, its a money game and Fifa has not helped this in the slightest.
Sorry only Vidal chat please :P Tbh mate i agree, but was always gonna go this way.

Back